Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

Caliane

You can't recork that genie. Once you establish that you can have nanotech super armor it would be silly to go back to wearing Spanx.
nah. Peter is a superhuman precog. the suit could; not be fast enough to keep up with him. the suit could be weaker then him. The suits A.I. could not be programmed to gel with Peter's modus operandi. Other software issues. or, the suit which relies purely on real data, could not be able to handle spider sense, precognition, and be constantly fighting with him seeing the future. All good reasons he might need to ditch the armor, as he becomes more confidant in himself, and skilled, and it starts holding him back.

Alternatively, as mentioned, if the spell boots Peter from everyone's memory, and makes it so Ironman, never gave it to him, or Stark enterprises/Happy forget about it. he loses it directly, or just loses support/repair of it.

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
nah. Peter is a superhuman precog. the suit could, not be fast enough to keep up with him. the suit could be weaker then him. The suits A.I. could not be programmed to gel with Peter's modus operandi. Other software issues. or, the suit which relies purely on real data, could not be able to handle spider sense, precognition, and be constantly fighting with him seeing the future. All good reasons he might need to ditch the armor, as he becomes more confidant in himself, and skilled, and it starts holding him back.

Alternatively, as mentioned, if the spell boots Peter from everyone's memory, and makes it so Ironman, never gave it to him, or Stark enterprises/Happy forget about it. he loses it directly, or just loses support/repair of it.
yeah, there's plenty of reasons to go back to just regular spandex. spider-man works better with low-tech gadgets... or rather... brilliant gadgets that are basically just cobbled together with duct tape...

the dynamic between him and stark is interesting, but at this point, peter needs to move beyond his emotional need for a mentor and learn to rely on himself.

or rather...

this is a little complicated, but parker needs a mentor, but the mentors he has keep failing him. spider-man is peter's answer to that. spider-man is peter's mentor. it's part of why the character is so charming. peter is this perpetual loser. everytime things start to go his way a little, everything backfires in his face. he can't pay his rent on time, no matter how brilliant he is, he can't hold down a job and his bosses are consistently disappointed in him. he can't make any relationship work despite the hard work he always puts in. spider-man on the other hand can fight the hulk to a stand still, has black cat purring all over him, and has always been the only reason peter makes any money.

that's the dynamic the movies should start leaning into. stark, mysterio and now strange have been people that peter has tried to look to as mentors and it's just not going to work out for him. have him figure out that he needs to learn to depend on himself.

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah, there's plenty of reasons to go back to just regular spandex. spider-man works better with low-tech gadgets... or rather... brilliant gadgets that are basically just cobbled together with duct tape...

the dynamic between him and stark is interesting, but at this point, peter needs to move beyond his emotional need for a mentor and learn to rely on himself.

or rather...

this is a little complicated, but parker needs a mentor, but the mentors he has keep failing him. spider-man is peter's answer to that. spider-man is peter's mentor. it's part of why the character is so charming. peter is this perpetual loser. everytime things start to go his way a little, everything backfires in his face. he can't pay his rent on time, no matter how brilliant he is, he can't hold down a job and his bosses are consistently disappointed in him. he can't make any relationship work despite the hard work he always puts in. spider-man on the other hand can fight the hulk to a stand still, has black cat purring all over him, and has always been the only reason peter makes any money.

that's the dynamic the movies should start leaning into. stark, mysterio and now strange have been people that peter has tried to look to as mentors and it's just not going to work out for him. have him figure out that he needs to learn to depend on himself.
ha. which gets into the frustrating perpetuity of American comic books.... Peter becomes a high school science teacher, married to MJ, and has a daughter on the way... Everyone loves it, its a perfect endgame for Peter... One More Day.

j00t

ha. which gets into the frustrating perpetuity of American comic books.... Peter becomes a high school science teacher, married to MJ, and has a daughter on the way... Everyone loves it, its a perfect endgame for Peter... One More Day.
i don't know why people keep bringing up that phrase... it's definitely not any kind of reference to any story from comics. I'D REMEMBER

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

or rather...

i think at this point he's not gonna have a choice, he will be low tech. the suit's AI will be compromsed because its no longer linked in with Stark Industries servers and if Tony forgets about him, then yeah there wont be any super suit at all. then there is the storyline. the super suit would make encounters trivial with Doc Ock and Green Goblin. i think those clips in the trailer are being deceptive. the super suit might "work", but its all going haywire so he cant use it.

• 1Garbage

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Doc Ock was the best Spidey villain in all the rebooted Spidey films. hopefully Raimi is involved in this.

I don't think he's involved with it, but I do know this movie is related to the upcoming Strange movie, which Raimi is directing so there might be a connection.

• 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I haven't seen shit on the Flash movie, and the level to which I have no faith in anybody involved with it indicates to me a high degree of probability they're going to do irreparable damage to the IP. Which sucks as I'm running out of favorite comics for them to destroy. Top three superheros when I was growing up were Spiderman, Green Lantern, and Flash.... take that as you will. heh
First comic I ever collected was Arak (character) - Wikipedia

j00t

Can someone clue me into why strange doesn't have the infinity stone anymore? Wasn't there a big plot point in endgame about returning the stones directly after they were taken? Didn't cap go on a time traveling adventure to do just that? Why is everyone saying that the stones no longer exist?

Juvarisx

Florida
Can someone clue me into why strange doesn't have the infinity stone anymore? Wasn't there a big plot point in endgame about returning the stones directly after they were taken? Didn't cap go on a time traveling adventure to do just that? Why is everyone saying that the stones no longer exist?

They were taken from different times and returned to the moment they were taken, so they are still the same stones Thanos destroyed at the start of Endgame.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh man a teamup of Doc Ock and Green Goblin, maybe Sandman and Venom will make an appereance.

• 1Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Agree that Dr strange is acting... strange. Maybe he's a kree already? or a variant.. maybe that cup in his hand is an early morning irish coffee and they are giving him stark's alcoholic story line.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Oh man a teamup of Doc Ock and Green Goblin, maybe Sandman and Venom will make an appereance.

I wouldn't count on Venom showing up especially now that Sony has its own franchise with him, but the Lizard is apparently in the trailer so he may show up with the other villains. Also from the trailer I'm going to say Sandman is a good guy, the sandwhirls appear to be blocking Electro's lightning bolts several times, probably to protect Spidey who helped him in the past.

• 1Like

Homsar

Sandman, electro, Venom and lizzard need to be redone. Keaton as Vulture then Jake as Mysterio was such a relief. The actors that played the villains were great, whetever happened in Spiderman 3 was so bad

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sandman, electro, Venom and lizzard need to be redone. Keaton as Vulture then Jake as Mysterio was such a relief. The actors that played the villains were great, whetever happened in Spiderman 3 was so bad
Sandman had a good actor and a good origin plot, they ruined it with the uncle Ben twist and adding in Venom.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Runnen

Vyemm Raider

The villains in this movie are redesigned, some more than others. Jamie Foxx already let it slip his Electro isn't blue anymore, and we've seen in the trailer that his lightning is yellow now (like in the comics). Doc Ock has a slightly modified trenchcoat and the tentacles are a little different too, and the Green Goblin armor has been redesigned supposedly. I mostly hope they also redesign the Lizard's face and give him a more reptilian snout because that flat stupid-ass face was dumb as fuck in Amazing Spiderman.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, I agree with Spider-Man 3, but it was a very long time ago. It did have one memorable moment, though. A cringe one at that.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
There IS one more memorable part to that scene. When evil peter answers the phone, he says "Shalom." Makes me giggle. It's right at the start of the clip.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I guess the Jazz Club scene was pretty bad also. But Gwen looked amazing.
BDH is a total smokeshow when she isnt packing on the pounds.
iu

10e96ba9798489746435c03e7d607ceb

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users