Spider-Man

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Beat it! Best damn single player game I've ever played in my life. I'm an MMO vet, and so the single player games I've played are few, but I was feeling so many things towards the end. It was amazing, intense, sad, shocking. Just a lot of awesome things!

I understand the DLC are short apparently but will be looking to pick those up as well.

Now time to get back into HZD, or start God of War... SO MANY GOOD GAMES!!
I actually shed a tear at Aunt May dying. :(

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Beat it! Best damn single player game I've ever played in my life. I'm an MMO vet, and so the single player games I've played are few, but I was feeling so many things towards the end. It was amazing, intense, sad, shocking. Just a lot of awesome things!

I understand the DLC are short apparently but will be looking to pick those up as well.

Now time to get back into HZD, or start God of War... SO MANY GOOD GAMES!!
I actually shed a tear at Aunt May dying. :(
Me too. There was another part that got me, but I can't remember exactly. Probably the final showdown with Doc Oc and him revealing he knew the whole time.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Me too. There was another part that got me, but I can't remember exactly. Probably the final showdown with Doc Oc and him revealing he knew the whole time.
So I think I'm just dense or something, but early in the game didn't Dok Ok and Peter have a "moment" where I swear Doc basically told Peter that he knew. Was after one of the many times you go back to the lab and are late. What was that if not the "I'm Spider-man" reveal?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So I think I'm just dense or something, but early in the game didn't Dok Ok and Peter have a "moment" where I swear Doc basically told Peter that he knew. Was after one of the many times you go back to the lab and are late. What was that if not the "I'm Spider-man" reveal?

Just that me was making the costumes

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Ambiturner has the right of it, and that's why the reveal was great. The game actually had you convinced he was just a bumbling fool, and you had him fooled, when he was a mad genius the whole time without YOU (Spidey) knowing. It's one of the nice subtle bits of storytelling in the game

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
its been confirmed that Miles Morales is an expansion to the first game and not a full blown sequel. sad but not unexpected, still should be good but probably a 20 hour or less game within the same map. Holiday 2020, sounds like maybe PS5 only although i have to imagine at some point they put out a PS4 version?

image0.png

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Looks like whoever at Sony said 'expansion' misunderstood something. Insomniac is saying that it's standalone. Probably still not a full-sized game I'd guess, but rather something more like Uncharted Lost Legacy or Infamous First Light.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So I got the Miles Morales game during Black Friday sales, I’ve been waiting for it to go on sales since it released. I love the original Spider-Man game, I heard this was really short and didn’t want to pay $70 Canadians for it. At $38 I felt reasonable.

Absolutely loved it as expected since the original was so good. I managed to get 23 hours out of it too, so much more than I expected.

I had almost forgotten how much fun the traversal was in this game. I could have missions across the entire map and I wouldn’t even fast travel.

I thought the story was pretty good. Miles made for a good Spider-Man.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The Spiderman series of games are one of the few lines that make me feel like a PC peasant instead of a PC master race. If the port/remaster is clean on release it'll be a day1 buy.

• 1Like

Vorph

The meltdown the gaming press and alphabet mafia are having over someone making a mod that makes the Western version of the game use textures from the Middle East/Russia/etc. version, thereby replacing the "I Support the Current Thing™" flag with good ol' Stars and Stripes is hilarious. In a completely unexpected move, Nexus banned the mod creator while having no problem at all with a similar mod which replaces all the US flags with rainbow cult flags. Moddb did the same, but likewise seems perfectly fine with someone modding in Ukraine flags (though naturally only the US flags were replaced and not the rainbows, because there's a hierarchy within the Current Things everyone is required to support).

Can still find the mod here if anyone cares enough to spend ages unpacking the game's files just to replace a texture: GitHub - skMetinek/Non-Newtonian-New-York: Spider-Man Remastered Mod

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users