Spider-Man

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's obvious they took missions from the main game and spaced them out as DLC.

Either way, looks fun :) If I didn't still have BB gamers club active I would rent it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Pretty much what I expected. A bit disappointing to hear that not only did they go with that ugly ass model for MJ but it also sounds like Laura Bailey's voicework isn't up to her usual standard.

Edit: Second opinion, same conclusion --
Edit 2: Weird, Skill Up video got removed for some reason.

Also the game comes with a season pass, $24.99 for 3 story DLCs - one per month in Oct, Nov, Dec for $10/ea or $24.99/total. Kinda lame to pre announce all this extra story DLC stuff before the game is even out, especially if the game runs in at 10-20 hours for main campaign.
Frankly that doesn't bother me at all. I wouldn't touch anything written by Sam Maggs even if it was free DLC. ACG review above says ~30 hours for main story and some side missions, maybe 10 more for completionists on the hardest difficulty. And apparently there's a difficulty even a step above what reviews have access to that won't be available until the day 1 patch.

Yeah it's obvious they took missions from the main game and spaced them out as DLC.

I don't think they did anything more than vague outlines prior to the game going gold, as mentioned above Sam Maggs was specifically hired to write DLCs.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
the collectors edition statue which i guess spoils the villain? i dunno any of this spidey shit other than whats in movies. People seem to say it sucks, paint job looks kinda bad

Spiderman Ps4 Collectors Edition Statue (3 images)

MHKBIAY.jpg

vmOdGtt.jpg

ZcC7cgD.jpg

Also the game comes with a season pass, $24.99 for 3 story DLCs - one per month in Oct, Nov, Dec for $10/ea or $24.99/total. Kinda lame to pre announce all this extra story DLC stuff before the game is even out, especially if the game runs in at 10-20 hours for main campaign.

I cancelled my CE and console editions, just sticking with regular edition I got for $35, gonna play, finish, and trade in for $30-40 and call it a day.

also there is supposed to be a free spidey theme you can get here but it doesn't quite work for me
Marvel's Spider-Man

Thanks for posting this - was looking forward to this, but I'm not paying $60 for 15 hours of story (even if the swinging around town looks awesome). Going to wait a few months for a flash sale or something with all the DLC. RDR2 coming out next month anyway, new WOW xpac and MHW should keep anyone busy with gaming anyways for the near future.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Yup, canceling my pre order as well. Damn shame.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I’ll jump the grenade this time. I owe you all a few.

• 1Seriously?

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Why does black cat look like she was a stroke victim?

• 1Barf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Well, heard you can get a side mission to go catch some escaped pigeons. Not sure how I can pass up that level of depth in a game. :rolleyes:

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
For discussion about Insomniacs new Spider-Man game.

I'm installing my 43Gb day one patch right now, and I can't wait to swing around.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Been watching some streams, holy hannah this looks awesome.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's downloaded, can't wait to play.

Fuck work...8 hours before I'm home and can play. :)

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any reason not to get this digitally? I guess I could do the spronk thing and play it and trade it in.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m looking forward to this. Lot of fond memories of swinging around in Spider-man 2.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I've played it for a few hours now and I really like it. The swinging feels great and the combat is really fluid and fun.

There's a lot of map clutter though, so if you hate that you might be put off a little bit. I've been enjoying just swinging around and stopping crimes, it's a meme but you really do feel like spider-man and I love that you can craft new gadgets and shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Game officially kicks major ass. Holy fuck flying around New York. Lol. I haven’t even done two missions yet. I’m just flying around collecting awesome backpacks which spidey tells a story behind it, unlocking map shit, cruising around stopping crime, did some pretty cool puzzle thingies with doc.

Fucking sweet. I just hope the more I play through the story there is a day night cycle of SOME sort. It’s been dusk now the whole time. Although it looks fucking gorgeous on my 4k hdr. And a photo mode I need to take advantage of.

Game is the tits!!!!

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users