Spider-Man

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I think the digital foundry review said there's 6 different bakes of the day-night cycle. So it isn't dynamic, it is set.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Lol! The social media is hilarious. “Spider-Man, we love you and everything, but my husband and I could’ve swore you were stealing backpacks today... you need money?”

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The picture mode is so awesome! With the frame selections!!!! Awesome work! I just peppered the FOH community wall with some pics.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I think the digital foundry review said there's 6 different bakes of the day-night cycle. So it isn't dynamic, it is set.
Yeah, based on some stuff Insomniac said prerelease, time of day is locked to particular points in the story. Post-story, you'll be able to choose time of day manually.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
So I'm pretty early story-wise, but I've gone around getting all the collectables available for me right now. It was fun getting all the landmarks, backpacks and Fisk bases.

I love the movement so far, but I've been getting a bit of motion sickness with it which is weird because I've never suffered from motion sickness from a game before.

I guess I'll just push through the discomfort until I get used to it.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Seriously people, get this game. You will be kicking yourself. This and RDR2 and God of War. Another fucking fantastic year.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m about 4 hours in, did a little of the story...up to meeting Aunt May.

I’ve explore the 3 maps to the south, got all the towers, backpacks, photos, Fisk's construction sites, and stopped a bunch of crimes.

So far, it’s fun...being Spider-Man is just plain awesome. The swinging around the city is very cool. Combat is a lot of fun too, the regular human enemies are well done, with different immunities and weaknesses.

But seriously fuck the car chases...I suck so badly at those.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Haha me too the quick time button push I havent won one yet. And this is on easy. BUt holy fucking customization. Music. I did all of the lower level and haven;t even got to aunt may yet at all. This may be the first game I platinum just because its so fun swinging around

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I would normally say suck it to the guy that went SJW liberal asshat on immigration CEO guy, but the developers of the game are pro trump. And it shows. Because they worked their asses off. And the CEO at the top did jack shit - so hes obviously a democrat SJW fucklefaggot. . Buy the game for the worker bees.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
1536370734593.jpg

Fucking dropped, deleted the game and gotten a refund... Is what I would say if I was a raging homosexual.

Why are people mad at this.

SeanDoe1z1

as dude who only bought ps4 for fxv and not much of a game buyer, how this compare to god of war in terms of single walkthrough? didn't feel slighted?

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
as dude who only bought ps4 for fxv and not much of a game buyer, how this compare to god of war in terms of single walkthrough? didn't feel slighted?

It's very different obviously, but it's probably the best superhero game I've played since the Arkham series. You'll get about 30ish hours of gameplay out of it probably, so it's comparable in size to GoW.

• 1Solidarity

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Too many games ! Not enough free time, fuck you work.... Start it once I finish DQXI.. again weeeee

spronk

FPS noob
Game officially kicks major ass. Holy fuck flying around New York. Lol. I haven’t even done two missions yet. I’m just flying around collecting awesome backpacks which spidey tells a story behind it, unlocking map shit, cruising around stopping crime, did some pretty cool puzzle thingies with doc.

saw your screen shots, your turning into peter parker the photographer lol

sorry to hear you are being carjacked random citizen but i can't stop to help, i'm on my way to loot a backpack and take a few snapshots of famous NYC buildings

and yeah really enjoying the game but i don't feel like i have a good handle on combat, the big brute guys really kick my ass right now, i sorta go into mortal kombat "mash all the buttons" mode. also not sure how to 100% a carjacking, i always fail the bonus don't-take-damage/stop-car objectives and not sure what i'm doing wrong.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Brutes - Get the web facial skill and the other one that makes the perfect dodge window more forgiving. Later on grab the one where you can web them up and throw them at their buddies. If you don't have the skills unlocked yet, just fight them like Kingpin in the tutorial. Web, triangle, 4x square combo, wait for web to regen, repeat. Webbing them to a wall or knocking them off a building gets the fight over much quicker too, whenever possible.

Carjacking - For the no damage one you need to get on the car almost immediately before they start shooting. You can dodge the bullets, but when you do the car just keeps pulling further away. For the other one just don't fail the button mash at the end. (And just like in GoW one of the best things you can do is go into settings/accessibility and change button mash QTEs to just have you hold the button.)

----------------------------

Playing on Spectacular difficulty and it's pretty fair I'd say (similar to GoW on Give Me A Challenge in terms of how many times I've gotten killed). It was a bit rough at the start but after about 9 hours and about half the skill tree unlocked it would probably be getting too easy on a lower difficulty.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Hardest part for me is remembering to hit O instead of Triangle to block/dodge. No shame in ripping off Arkham's awesome combat, but changing something you already hit reflexively is annoying

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Watched shroud play this a bit yesterday and holy fuck does it look fun.

I hate Playstation exclusives though. I want this shit on PC.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
saw your screen shots, your turning into peter parker the photographer lol

sorry to hear you are being carjacked random citizen but i can't stop to help, i'm on my way to loot a backpack and take a few snapshots of famous NYC buildings

and yeah really enjoying the game but i don't feel like i have a good handle on combat, the big brute guys really kick my ass right now, i sorta go into mortal kombat "mash all the buttons" mode. also not sure how to 100% a carjacking, i always fail the bonus don't-take-damage/stop-car objectives and not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Yeah combat is nuts. So many options. :)

• 1Like