Spider-Man

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played some more today.

Got all the towers done, all the backpacks, all the photos taken, and all the Fisk's construction sites.

Right now all I have left is the main mission, and side quests as they unlock. I hope other activities unlock as I do the main mission, I can see on the map that tons of stuff is still locked.

I'm level 12 or so and starting to get a decent amount of skills unlocked, opening some interesting combat option.

I finally got the hang of the car chases, the one crime that is giving me trouble is the one where the thugs are all running away in a different direction, I haven't been able to catch them all and fail that one each time.

It's still just plain amazing to swing around the city, and try to maximize your speed...while still doing it with style of course. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hehe yeah I have never been a huge “map guy let’s do random shit” like take pics and backpacks. But it’s so damn fun swInging around everywhere ! :)

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This is also the perfect game for drunk gaming weekend because when sober, I fight and play the game and when drunk, like I will be when I get back from bar bingo, I can polish off booze and just fly around and collect things for power ups for tomorrow!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Damn, watched Shroud win the game. The DLC is going to be lit based on the teaser after the credits

Quaid

Trump's Staff
View attachment 175475

Fucking dropped, deleted the game and gotten a refund... Is what I would say if I was a raging homosexual.

Why are people mad at this.

Maybe people are tired about hearing who other people like to fuck, and how they prefer to do it, 24 hours a day everywhere they look? Maybe they just wanna take a moment out of their miserable existence to play a video game?

Could be.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Picked this one up while out today for other stuff. Saw it at Target, and said hey, why not. 5 year old is kicking ass, and I help him on some parts. Not sure how into the story he'll end up getting, and probably just have a good time doing it like big Utn does it and swing around the city fighting crime.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Picked this one up while out today for other stuff. Saw it at Target, and said hey, why not. 5 year old is kicking ass, and I help him on some parts. Not sure how into the story he'll end up getting, and probably just have a good time doing it like big Utn does it and swing around the city fighting crime.

Yeah it’s epic just doing that. This is a first game I took a video of on my phone and sent it to a few folks with me screaming woooooooo! As I swung around lol. Yeah I’m an idiot.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This game is so much fun, I unlocked "Fast Travel" and I was why the fuck would I want to do that? :)

I also unlocked the chasing pigeons side quest, well I might have to skip that one, I'll give it another try tomorrow but I think I'm too old for that. :)

Also when doing that mission...fuck Peter Parker, fucking assholes says "I can catch supervillains but I can't catch pigeons" I almost threw my controller at the screen...asshole making fun of me. :)

• 1Like

Cybsled

He does have a few 4th wall breaking moments, like a part at the prison where he questions why a prison had a bunch of rocket launchers lying around for prisoners to use.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This game is so much fun, I unlocked "Fast Travel" and I was why the fuck would I want to do that? :)

I also unlocked the chasing pigeons side quest, well I might have to skip that one, I'll give it another try tomorrow but I think I'm too old for that. :)
Also when doing that mission...fuck Peter Parker, fucking assholes says "I can catch supervillains but I can't catch pigeons" I almost threw my controller at the screen...asshole making fun of me. :)

Haha yep this will be the first time I’ll be completely ignoring fast travel. :) It just never gets old! You can go high, you can scrap the pavement and scare the shit out of folks. You can run in the side of the buildings. You can perch and take screenshots. Never thought I would have so much damn fun not playing through story missions. Lol

I mean it’s gotten to the point where I have been playing for about 5-6 hours and have done 1 side mission, 2 take over things, three main missions and the rest has been spent unlocking bags, towers, and now land scapes and I have more to unlock yet to even do.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didn't happen to notice before shutting down my kids game, do the saves show you how many hours you've put in like HZD does?

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I bought this on an impulse purchase, with the DLC, because on occasion I am fucking retarded like that.

I REALLY like Infamous (all of em) and Prototype (Incredible Hulk, Prototype 1 and 2) and the game-play I saw of this really reminded me of Prototype, I also enjoy the hunting down of collectibles and side missions in a world where the traversal not only smooth and fun but also makes sense and doesn't work against you at times.

Am I going to be deeply ashamed of my impulse buying, again?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Alrighty, gonna start this up after the Stanford vs USC game after reading how much people are digging it.

• 1Like

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
41312952_1924032500996606_7510782805719121920_n.jpg

• 14Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 16 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Was out of town yesterday, so bought it today, and just finished my first play session. Fuck this is good. The mix of swinging, zipping, and perching makes for amazing traversal--I'd even go so far as to say it comes together to finally beat Spider-Man 2. Combat took me a little longer to fully wrap my head around (got my shit pushed in a few times on some of the fights in the opening sequence), but once you get it, the battles leave you feeling like a badass. And there's actually less Arkham DNA in the combat than you would think based on the prerelease footage (granted, there is some, just less than you'd think). The simple fact that there is no direct counterattack button, combined with enemies generally being more aggressive, makes for combat that feels more like it's own thing.

It's early yet, but this is really feeling like Spider-Man's Arkham--not in the sense of copying any particular mechanic, but in the sense of having some devs that get the character, and are able to translate him into a high-quality game that feels like the character.

Now if we can just get some other companies to do this with basically every other major superhero. The fact that superheroes have been a cultural phenomenon for ten years, and it's only now that we're getting a game like this for someone other than Batman is baffling ... and a little annoying.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
finally starting to get a better handle on swinging around. also for anyone who wants to plat, might wanna NOT buy too many suits or upgrades that require tokens, you can finish the main story, save game, buy all the suits, get that trophy, then restore save and buy all the upgrades. You can technically do both things but you need to basically S rank all the challenges to have enough tokens apparently

• 2Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Thanks to Ut, I already had a PS4 Pro collecting dust from finishing GoW...

Bought the game today, started the download, flipped over to Netflix to watch the Castle Greyskull special expecting it to be finished downloading after 90minutes....

20180909_115005.jpg

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT.

It was pulling at barely 1MBps, turns out there was a PS4 update I had to apply, so now I'm actually pulling at a reasonable speed, with 50% left with an estimated 20 minutes...

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You will love it buddy!!!! Only taking a break to watch some SKOL but after I plan on playing the rest of the day / night :)

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
It can actually help to pause and resume a download, sonys server infrastructure is ermbarassing.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I know they supposedly fixed it so it'll download faster now while still using it but I still just log into the website and download it in rest mode

• 1Like