Spider-Man

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

joz123

Potato del Grande
Surprised there is no thread for this yet. New trailer just came out and it looks great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
It’s definitely high my list. It’s too early to say for sure, but so far it looks like it has the potential to be Spider-Man’s Arkham, and I’m at the point where I just want every fucking superhero to have their own Arkham.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That looked fucking great and agreed with the above. I have no idea why they aren't trying to churn out as many of these as possible, oh wait I guess I do, no tacked on mp and loot boxes so it can never be a fifa.

Iron Man VR needs to happen like yesterday.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Looks great, but fuck console exclusivity!

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
And we’ve got a release date, September 7th. Also, Gameinformer’s doing a whole month-long coverage thing for the game, so we should be getting some news in the coming days.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, looks awesome. PS5 better be backward compatible.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I don't buy many PS4 games thanks to gaming mostly on my PC. This is looking like a must have.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So reviews are out for this. They all seem to more or less say the same thing.

Great being Spiderman, both in swinging around the city, and the combat.

Decent to good main storyline, about 15-20 hours.

Formulaic and repetitive open world gameplay.

Nothing to surprising to be honest, feels like something I'll enjoy since I generally keep the open stuff to a minimum in these games and concentrates on the main story.

The biggest issue I might have is that the collections unlock costumes and gadgets that make you more powerful, so might have to do those boring activities.

I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend. :)

3 DLC planned for October, November and December already. $9.99 each, $24.99 for all 3 or included in the deluxe edition.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Just did a preorder to pick up from Bestbuy. (I am so happy I reupped my gamers club 3 weeks before they nerfed it. lol I have it for another two years.)

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Also, just did the order and it tried to throw in a free copy of Destiny 2. Seriously. Deleted that shit and only taking the Spider man DLC bonus.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cancelled my Amazon pre-order when they hired Sam Maggs (was already on the fence due to previous retarded shit that Insomniac's CEO and Marvel Games' Lead Producer have said). The base game still looks fun and I've got it coming from GameFly this week, but I strongly suggest avoiding DLC like the fucking plague since that's what Maggs was hired to write. It almost looks like she talked them into letting her completely self-insert for the Black Cat DLC in particular... Felicia Hardy looks horrifying:
DmNZPpqUwAApSx_.jpg

Horrifyingly similar to Maggs herself, that is. And the costume looks even worse than the comic one with the weird cat eye shoulders.

• 2WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Cancelled my Amazon pre-order when they hired Sam Maggs (was already on the fence due to previous retarded shit that Insomniac's CEO and Marvel Games' Lead Producer have said). The base game still looks fun and I've got it coming from GameFly this week, but I strongly suggest avoiding DLC like the fucking plague since that's what Maggs was hired to write. It almost looks like she talked them into letting her completely self-insert for the Black Cat DLC in particular... Felicia Hardy looks horrifying:
DmNZPpqUwAApSx_.jpg

Horrifyingly similar to Maggs herself, that is. And the costume looks even worse than the comic one with the weird cat eye shoulders.

What did the CEO say? Never heard of this Maggs person.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god that is awesome :)

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What did the CEO say? Never heard of this Maggs person.
CEO went on a rant about Trump's travel ban, which admittedly is politics that even some republicans oppose, but still politics i don't want to see from people making my entertainment. The Marvel guy was worse, he's the kind of asshole who isn't content with simply not going to Chick-fil-a but wants them to not exist in NY at all. Nothing I would skip an otherwise good game over but definitely red flags.

The real problem is Sam Maggs though. Not just the GTA shit, which is the worst of it, but she's also a writer for The Mary Sue and she worked for Bioware while they were being taken over by sjws. Apparently that host is dead so the parasite has moved on to Insomniac.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
the collectors edition statue which i guess spoils the villain? i dunno any of this spidey shit other than whats in movies. People seem to say it sucks, paint job looks kinda bad

Also the game comes with a season pass, $24.99 for 3 story DLCs - one per month in Oct, Nov, Dec for $10/ea or $24.99/total. Kinda lame to pre announce all this extra story DLC stuff before the game is even out, especially if the game runs in at 10-20 hours for main campaign.

I cancelled my CE and console editions, just sticking with regular edition I got for $35, gonna play, finish, and trade in for $30-40 and call it a day.

also there is supposed to be a free spidey theme you can get here but it doesn't quite work for me
Marvel's Spider-Man

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
the collectors edition statue which i guess spoils the villain? i dunno any of this spidey shit other than whats in movies. People seem to say it sucks, paint job looks kinda bad

Also the game comes with a season pass, $24.99 for 3 story DLCs - one per month in Oct, Nov, Dec for $10/ea or $24.99/total. Kinda lame to pre announce all this extra story DLC stuff before the game is even out, especially if the game runs in at 10-20 hours for main campaign.

I cancelled my CE and console editions, just sticking with regular edition I got for $35, gonna play, finish, and trade in for $30-40 and call it a day.
It was that shit that made me cancel my preorder. Only ~15 hour main story and then a story DLC each month following release for 3 months? Fuck off with that, I’ll wait for it to hit the bargain bin, or skip it all together

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users