Splash ()

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I love the Rock, but seriously "Big Trouble in Little China" is perfect, and any remake no matter how good it might end up being will be worse than the original.

Same applies to Splash, it's as good as it's gonna get.

Has any 80's remake actually worked?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I love The Rock, and I love Big Trouble, so I'll end up seeing it, but I agree that I see no reason to remake what is already a perfect movie.

Splash, on the other hand, I have no problem with them switching it up in what is probably a pretty funny way. Sure I loved the original, but at least they are (from what I can see at least) going to try to make it different and funny enough in its own right. If it ends up just being recycled bullshit, then yeah it will be terrible. But if they go all out with Channing Tatum being fucking funny and ridiculous as a merman, then I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Also, come on Chuk, The Rock has a tremendous personality. I know you watched wrestling, you have to already know that. And he's pretty goddamn hilarious. Fuck, even Tooth Fairy was pretty funny simply because it was him.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Universal Monsters (2014 film series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

should be shit, though Tom Cruise in the mummy has me intrigued, he doesn't do shit scripts

I loved the old Universal monster movies growing up, so despite thinking the whole shared universe thing is getting way overdone, I've been a little excited to see where this one goes - especially when you look at the cast they have lined up. Unfortunately, Dracula Untold didn't really inspire a lot of hope...

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I love The Rock, and I love Big Trouble, so I'll end up seeing it, but I agree that I see no reason to remake what is already a perfect movie.

Splash, on the other hand, I have no problem with them switching it up in what is probably a pretty funny way. Sure I loved the original, but at least they are (from what I can see at least) going to try to make it different and funny enough in its own right. If it ends up just being recycled bullshit, then yeah it will be terrible. But if they go all out with Channing Tatum being fucking funny and ridiculous as a merman, then I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Also, come on Chuk, The Rock has a tremendous personality. I know you watched wrestling, you have to already know that. And he's pretty goddamn hilarious. Fuck, even Tooth Fairy was pretty funny simply because it was him.
i think the only thing i liked HIM in for him was Doom. i dont like his comedy roles and his action stuff doesn really impress me. his wrestling era came after i lost interest in the whole thing. i know he wrestled, but i know his dad more than him.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I'm fine with this, as long as the remake of this is a lesbian version.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They were going to remake it with Clint Eastwood and Betty White. More like wrinkled people.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
You can't be fucking serious.

I guess this is what happens now that millennials are old enough to direct and produce movies. God help us.

Well, millenials are in their mid-30s now, probably not too uncommon :p

If they're going the 21 Jumpstreet route, could be okay.