Sports Entertainment

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
kacy really did some cool stuff. a couple of moves were pretty cool but the camera didn't even really pick up, so it'll be great to see her keep that style in a singles match where 90% of the moves aren't just rest holds.

overall i guess it was a decent show. brock's matches have stopped being entertaining a LONG time ago. it's so telegraphed now. don't get me wrong i think he and finn had some really good chemistry and it was nice to see brock hurt, but for whatever reason, vince just refuses to have brock lose. even if technically it's a good match, there's no real stakes. it's not about who beats brock, it's about who hurts him enough before brock destroys them.

ugh.

also does everyone else hate nia as much as i do? she's starting to over take xpac

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Crowd was ready to go ballistic if Finn won but nope gotta keep the belt on Brock for some reason. When Nia entered the rumble I was like what is this shit but then she got beat up and I laughed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
also does everyone else hate nia as much as i do? she's starting to over take xpac

I turned sour on her once she punched Becky in the face. Before that I was willing to let things slide, but she has shown zero growth on the main roster. It wouldn't really be a problem, except in the last year you have had Carmella and Mandy Rose go from totally green to watchable in the ring. You have Ronda go from no experience to super worker. Then there is Nia, who still has no character, charisma, or in ring impressiveness.

Then she straight punches Becky in a schmozz setting, and ends up paired with Tamina, who is somehow worse than Nia while at the same time highlighting everything that sucks about both of them. She is one of the few wrestlers I actively wish would go away for 6+ months.

• 1Like

j00t

yeah, same. i didn't really like her before she hurt becky, but i tolerated her at least. but you nailed it on the head. you have all these other women who are willing to put in the work, willing to take crazy bumps, willing to LOOK HURT. then you have nia that can't even fall believably. and don't take this as body shaming, but she looks like she's gaining weight instead of getting more toned. i'm not saying everyone has to look the same. guys like somoa joe and kevin owens are great because just based on body shape you'd think they were pushovers but they're rolling around all over the ring. they're strong, and incredibly quick. but nia...? ugh.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man I really enjoyed the show last night. Honestly the best match of the night for me was Rhonda and Banks, those two did some incredible things and it was nice to see Banks play up her old in ring heel work, she truly shines a lot more when shes a heel.

I loved the Tag team title match, Shanes a great worker, more than just a spot monkey that many give him credit for.

Brock v Finn was decent. Here's my thing with Brock. The guy is great, he's an incredible talent who can tell an amazing story and when the time is given, can truly sell his ass off. He's great and honestly he deserves to be champ...but his sweetheart deal where he just doesn't have to be around kills any love you could have for him as a performer.

Bryan v Styles was okay, I was expecting more knowing what both are capable of. I assume they are going to go the route of "Rowen saw the light to what Bryan preaches and wants to change" and will now be his muscle. If that's the case, I dig it and I look forward to that. Rowen is actually a pretty good talent and he needed a change to his character, I'm cool with this if that's their plan.

Asuka v Lynch was pretty decent, the last half was much better than the first half. I figured she'd lose (Lynch, pronouns pal) and hit the Rumble for a win. I got really tired of Asuka in NXT so I hope that doesn't happen here.

Womens Rumble had some great spots. I liked it a lot and the last 10 min was pretty great. I love Becky and I want her to have my children. I'll even call her "The Man" during consummation, I'm fine with that.

Mens Rumble was pretty obvious as to how it would end, I liked Ali hanging around for so long and I'm looking forward to seeing him on the main roster more and more. Andrade did a fantastic job as well, I feel they did a good job highlighting some guys that they want to push that I'm pretty excited about should it happen.

All in all the show was pretty predictable but I thought it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it a lot.

j00t

Yeah, for the most part, both rumbles did a great job of showing off new blood. I'm a little tired of the joke entrances like no way jose... And moments like liv Morgan and Titus o'niel being Insta eliminated sort of takes me out of the whole "these are legitimate threats" any OTHER time they show up...

Kairi sane's elbow drops are so amazing to watch. She turns into an anime character mid air.

j00t

Oh, also while I'm thinking about it... they are getting more and more creative with someone getting eliminated, but doing acrobatics and not touching their feet on the floor. As soon as someone does it, we know they are just going to get quickly eliminated in a few moments.

I want to see someone like Cesaro get fake eliminated, then come back into the ring and do a hot tag with himself and run roughshod on the ring.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Boy was I shocked as fuck to see Kacy's name when I clicked on this thread.

It's good to see her doing something, because she's such a goddamn midget (4'11 95 pounds) that she really hasn't had a future in American Ninja Warrior for quite a while. Just hope that same midgetude doesn't hamper her potential career as a performer in WWE. Seemed super fucking dumb to have her survive being thrown out only to immediately be thrown out again though.

j00t

Yeah I agree. It was nice because she seemed exceedingly comfortable with the ropes. She's tiny but if she can use the ropes the way she did consistently she'll be a blast to watch

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Alexa Bliss is like 4'11. Being able to cut a promo is more important than just about anything else in rasslin.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Knew that Becky Lynch was winning the Rumble as soon as I saw that her match was on first, Smackdown Women have been main eventing recently so there's no other reason to put that first. I was surprised that Asuka won clean and that Charlotte didn't tie the win somehow - though they may say tomorrow that Becky shouldn't have been in the match so Charlotte also deserves her title shot.

Men's rumble was also a bit predictable with Seth Rollins winning, was nice that they highlighted Andrade and Mustafa Ali though. Samoa Joe looked amazing and is going to fucking murder Mustafa Ali for his elimination.

I assume that Finn was going to lose as soon as I saw no Demon, but they did a good job of making you think he was winning.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Predictable stories are fine as long as they are done well. While it may have been predictable for Becky and Seth to win, the stories at the end of the rumbles were done well, and it was believable that either Charlotte or Braun could win. Brock winning was a foregone conclusion, but Finn and Brock put on a great, fun, fast match.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit crowd in Phoenix just committed murder on Rousey. That is how over Becky is. If anyone forgot how awesome the love for Austin was 20 years ago just watch what is going on with Becky.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
Just saw that.....wow. My kids cheer for Becky. Rousey actually did good as the heel in that.