Sports Entertainment

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Cue 3 months' worth of "that wasn't a real pin" and "I demand a rematch".

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Nah, Rhonda is taking time off and maybe not coming back. She hates the travel and road schedule and wants to have a kid.

All in all, probably one of the best Manias in awhile.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Also I wish Heel Cena wasn’t a one off, I miss the Dr and didn’t realize it till tonight.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm glad these ladies won. They aren't the best in the ring, but they are hilarious on the mic.

iiconics-wrestlemania-entrance.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, on one hand i REALLY want sasha and bayley to GO somewhere. i feel like they keep just getting jump starts that go right into brick walls.

on the other hand, the IIconics are so enjoyable to watch. as far as their ring work goes, i'd say they know how to wrestle. they aren't doing giant power moves, they aren't spot monkeys, but they know how to tell a story in the ring, and that's the whole point.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I like the Iconics because they were high school buddies that wanted to be in the WWE and now are tag team champs. How cool is that shit.

• 2Like

j00t

i love that ronda reportedly broke her hand throwing punches.

you were professionally trained to professionally punch people. how have you not learned how to correctly throw a punch without breaking your own self

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i love that ronda reportedly broke her hand throwing punches.

you were professionally trained to professionally punch people. how have you not learned how to correctly throw a punch without breaking your own self

If you'd ever watched any of her UFC matches you'd know she was never a professional level striker.

• 2Like

j00t

If you'd ever watched any of her UFC matches you'd know she was never a professional level striker.

i did, she's terrible. i just love the irony of her calling wrestling fake, then breaking her hand on becky's face, then becky calling her out on it. yeah, i'm sure they're all friends and what not, i just hate ronda so much

• 1Like

j00t

good advice, though i've never liked ronda. people love to give her credit for revolutionizing women's mma, and yeah, she's extremely skilled at judo, but i think it's more that she just came into the sport with right skillset at the right time. anyone with an above average ground game could have done similar things at that time(in my very humble opinion). but she's a one trick pony and just simply cannot adapt on the fly. i think it's one of those things where someone who is extremely talented and gets A LOT out of just a little bit of training and tweaking but there ALWAYS comes a point where talent hits a ceiling and that's when hard work starts to really matter. to me, ronda has always come across as someone who just doesn't understand that concept. she relied on God-given talent much more heavily than training and perseverance then she gets pissy when she feels entitled to something she never really earned.

anyway. i just can't stand her. /rant off.

• 2Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
good advice, though i've never liked ronda. people love to give her credit for revolutionizing women's mma, and yeah, she's extremely skilled at judo, but i think it's more that she just came into the sport with right skillset at the right time. anyone with an above average ground game could have done similar things at that time(in my very humble opinion). but she's a one trick pony and just simply cannot adapt on the fly. i think it's one of those things where someone who is extremely talented and gets A LOT out of just a little bit of training and tweaking but there ALWAYS comes a point where talent hits a ceiling and that's when hard work starts to really matter. to me, ronda has always come across as someone who just doesn't understand that concept. she relied on God-given talent much more heavily than training and perseverance then she gets pissy when she feels entitled to something she never really earned.

She was the everquest to Amanda Nunes WoW.

Shes a terrible promo, but awesome in the ring. Her ring gear is trash, she talks like an anime villain, but she is fun to watch.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

She is the women's mma equivalent of Royce Gracie, except in a much more exaggerated fashion. Dominant one dimensional fighter who got humiliated and driven out of the sport once the sport evolved. Royce actually went out with some dignity, even if he got embarrassed when he tried to make a comeback. Ronda got flat out crushed.

• 1Like

j00t

Some rumors going around that Ronda became more and more difficult to work with on the road to wrestlemania. She also apparently made quite a few demands on her wrestlemania match. Supposedly the original finish was Becky making Ronda tap with the disarmher, giving Becky a SERIOUS rub as well as making up for all that fake talk. But Ronda just straight up refused so they had to go with something different. In the end, that botch happened and a ref got fined.

Ronda reportedly is so upset she's not going to wrestle anymore at all.

Good. Riddance.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Worf

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
What the fuck. The War Raiders are now The Viking Experience. Congrats on dropping the NXT tag titles on a house show next week.