Sports Entertainment

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So who wants to bet that Reigns retains the title by pinning Bryan, resulting in a feud between Edge and Bryan with Edge never winning another championship before he retires again?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
WM Predictions in match order

Night 1

1) McIntyre defeats Lashley to regain the WWE title

2) Natalya and Tamina earn the title match against Nia and Shayna on Night 2. Simon at Whatculture Wrestling had a hilarious prediction that Bayley and Charlotte would be a surprise 6th entrant to this match and be the ones that win, but I didn't it's likely enough to steal the idea.

3) Cesaro defeats Seth Rollins

4) AJ Styles and Omos defeat The New Day to win the Tag Team Championship. There's no way they set up their newest monster with an in-ring debut at Wrestlemania only to bury him.

5) Braun Strowman defeats Shane McMahon. I, like everyone else in all of creation, don't give a shit about this match, but unless they're planning to fire Braun they can't bury him by having him lose to Shane at Wrestlemania.

6) Damian Priest and Bad Bunny defeat Miz and John Morrison. This is almost as no-brainer as it gets, they need to put Priest over and celebrities almost always win.

7) Bianca Belair defeats Sasha banks to win the Smackdown Women's Championship. Would be very weird for them to bury a rising star.

Night 2

1) Nia and Shayna retain against whoever they face, unless that insane Bayley/Charlotte prediction comes true.

2) Riddle defeats Sheamus to retain the US title. That stoner retard gimmick is probably straight from Vince himself and he likely wants Riddle to have a longer run with the title.

3) Apollo Crews defeats Big E to win the Intercontinental title. Crews has a long losing streak against Big E and a new gimmick, I doubt they'd book this match only for him to lose again.

4) Randy Orton defeats The Fiend. It would be incredibly stupid for Randy Orton to win this, but WWE has consistently fucked Bray Wyatt over time and time again and I think they'll do it again. Love to be proven wrong.

5) Sami Zayn defeats Kevin Owens. Maybe I'm just being perverse but I feel like Sami Zayn loses so goddamn much that they're gonna SUBVERT EXPECTATIONS and give him this win.

6) Rhea Ripley defeats Asuka to win the WWE Women's Championship. Similar situation as Belair, if you were going to have Asuka retain why would you bring up one of your rising stars from NXT?

7) Roman Reigns retains the title by pinning Daniel Bryan, setting up a feud between Bryan and Edge and leaving Edge out of any title hunts. After suffering a major injury so soon after his return last year, I imagine WWE has serious concerns about Edge's ability to stay healthy. Hope I'm proven wrong and instead it's Edge pinning Bryan.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Holy fuck WWE is STILL pushing Lashley? That dude has the charisma of a fucking turnip. I'm glad I haven't watched much in 2ish years. I do miss cranking it to Bliss though.

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy fuck WWE is STILL pushing Lashley? That dude has the charisma of a fucking turnip. I'm glad I haven't watched much in 2ish years. I do miss cranking it to Bliss though.
It was fine til they broke up the Hurt Business for no reason last week. Lashley has the physique that gets Vince off so of course he's getting pushed like crazy.

Hosix

All labs matter!

Dude is 44 and he looks ridiculously cut. Totally natural!

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Now more than ever people should realize the only reason Tamina has a job for life is to keep Jimmy and Tamina quiet about Vince covering up a murder

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Now more than ever people should realize the only reason Tamina has a job for life is to keep Jimmy and Tamina quiet about Vince covering up a murder
Tamina has a job for life to keep a dead murderer quiet about the murder he committed?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Meanwhile AEW has been great. Lots of plot developments, lots of great matches.

They stick with things that didn't work and make them work, they don't break up groups which are working because Vince didn't book it that way.

Like if everyone thinks that Bobby Lashly is finally cool as fuck, don't break up his faction and put him with Baron Corbin just so he's boo'ed vs Drew MacIntyre.

Yeah. AEW is great. I've got my own issues with AEW but so far the pros are outweighing the cons.

Last time I watched TNA was in like 2016. Lashley and Drew were feuding over the world title and Lashley was part of a stable led by MVP. So basically it was what's going on now. I LOVED this at the time because Lashley and Drew are both cool as fuck. It was great to see that WWE is treating both guys with some respect now, especially Lashley. But I got the feeling they were just putting the title on Lashley to feed him to Drew at Mania.

I think my biggest issue with WWE is how damn slow everything is. That Randy Orton / Alexa Bliss clip from earlier is a good example. It takes several minutes to do what could have been accomplished in like one minute, even with dramatic pauses. It looked like the video was recorded in slow-motion. They also ruined the Fiend. He was the hottest thing in wrestling in 2019. Yeah, even in a year where AEW launched, I think the Fiend was the hottest thing in wrestling. He was that hot. I haven't seen a wrestling act that over in WWE since the likes of Bryan, Punk, the Shield, the Nexus etc in the early to mid 2010's. So of course they completely ruined him, and now he's back as some kind of stupid-looking Frankenstein monster.

Fuck WWE.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
WM Predictions in match order

Night 1

1) McIntyre defeats Lashley to regain the WWE title

2) Natalya and Tamina earn the title match against Nia and Shayna on Night 2. Simon at Whatculture Wrestling had a hilarious prediction that Bayley and Charlotte would be a surprise 6th entrant to this match and be the ones that win, but I didn't it's likely enough to steal the idea.

3) Cesaro defeats Seth Rollins

4) AJ Styles and Omos defeat The New Day to win the Tag Team Championship. There's no way they set up their newest monster with an in-ring debut at Wrestlemania only to bury him.

5) Braun Strowman defeats Shane McMahon. I, like everyone else in all of creation, don't give a shit about this match, but unless they're planning to fire Braun they can't bury him by having him lose to Shane at Wrestlemania.

6) Damian Priest and Bad Bunny defeat Miz and John Morrison. This is almost as no-brainer as it gets, they need to put Priest over and celebrities almost always win.

7) Bianca Belair defeats Sasha banks to win the Smackdown Women's Championship. Would be very weird for them to bury a rising star.

Night 2

1) Nia and Shayna retain against whoever they face, unless that insane Bayley/Charlotte prediction comes true.

2) Riddle defeats Sheamus to retain the US title. That stoner retard gimmick is probably straight from Vince himself and he likely wants Riddle to have a longer run with the title.

3) Apollo Crews defeats Big E to win the Intercontinental title. Crews has a long losing streak against Big E and a new gimmick, I doubt they'd book this match only for him to lose again.

4) Randy Orton defeats The Fiend. It would be incredibly stupid for Randy Orton to win this, but WWE has consistently fucked Bray Wyatt over time and time again and I think they'll do it again. Love to be proven wrong.

5) Sami Zayn defeats Kevin Owens. Maybe I'm just being perverse but I feel like Sami Zayn loses so goddamn much that they're gonna SUBVERT EXPECTATIONS and give him this win.

6) Rhea Ripley defeats Asuka to win the WWE Women's Championship. Similar situation as Belair, if you were going to have Asuka retain why would you bring up one of your rising stars from NXT?

7) Roman Reigns retains the title by pinning Daniel Bryan, setting up a feud between Bryan and Edge and leaving Edge out of any title hunts. After suffering a major injury so soon after his return last year, I imagine WWE has serious concerns about Edge's ability to stay healthy. Hope I'm proven wrong and instead it's Edge pinning Bryan.

I think it'll be Bryan pinning Reigns and then defending against Edge next month. It'll be funny if WWE's May PPV is Bryan vs. Edge while AEW's May PPV is Omega vs. Christian, which seems to be the direction we're going in.