Sports Entertainment

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The two women's title matches were the best of the night, with Banks/Belair being the best.

Why the fuck were Bayley/Charlotte/Becky not wrestling instead of the awful tag matches? Alexa Bliss also not wrestling, whatever the fuck she did looked cool but not explained, is she the fiend now, or is she Sister Abigail?
Becky is still out on maternity leave and Charlotte supposedly had a positive covid test, although it's possible they've already started filming the Walking Tall remake. No idea why they wanted to make Bayley such a clown.

I actually wasn't terribly impressed with Rhea Ripley. She has a terrible finisher and doesn't seem particularly strong. Maybe Sasha is just quite a bit smaller than Asuka, but Bianca was absolutely manhandling Sasha at times in a way that Ripley didn't seem capable of.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Becky is still out on maternity leave and Charlotte supposedly had a positive covid test, although it's possible they've already started filming the Walking Tall remake. No idea why they wanted to make Bayley such a clown.

I actually wasn't terribly impressed with Rhea Ripley. She has a terrible finisher and doesn't seem particularly strong. Maybe Sasha is just quite a bit smaller than Asuka, but Bianca was absolutely manhandling Sasha at times in a way that Ripley didn't seem capable of.
Me too. I just liked the match because Asuka was in it.

Rumor on Reddit is that Becky is good to go, has been training the entire time and suggested an angle where someone attacked her on the maternity ward.

Charlotte being gone can't be for a movie, she was in the CGI promo fighting a squid or whatever. She was planned to be there. Covid or Andrade angst I guess.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Another firing massacre today. Surprised they let Billie Kay go after they've been pretty relentlessly pushing that comedy bit of hers (and it was hilarious imo)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Another firing massacre today. Surprised they let Billie Kay go after they've been pretty relentlessly pushing that comedy bit of hers (and it was hilarious imo)
I hope they go to AEW, Peyton Royce is married to Shawn Spears.

It's the epitome of WWE booking, run a team into the ground as jobbers, they have entertaining segments not on TV, randomly make them champs for a few weeks, split them up without a storyline or even a match to push one in singles, get bored of that after 2 weeks and put them in random tag teams, the one you didn't want to push gets over, fire them after being in Wrestlemania.

That Wrestlemania women's tag gauntlet was weird as fuck as it was all random tag teams of people who used to be in established tag teams.

Bazler used to have a 3 women faction, Nia Jax was with Tamina, Mandy Rose was with Sonya Deville who wasn't on the show, Billie Kay was with Peyton Royce who wasn't on the show, Riott Squad is somehow still a thing but they are down one member who was cut last year...

So they destroyed the entire Women's tag scene by fucking with Sasha/Bayley who really wanted a long reign appearing on all 3 shows, split up all but one team, destroyed Shayna Bayzler y putting her on tags when she is your obvious Ronda Rousey replacement, made Carmella into a generic ho just like Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose when she was amazing with R Truth...

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I hope they go to AEW, Peyton Royce is married to Shawn Spears.

It's the epitome of WWE booking, run a team into the ground as jobbers, they have entertaining segments not on TV, randomly make them champs for a few weeks, split them up without a storyline or even a match to push one in singles, get bored of that after 2 weeks and put them in random tag teams, the one you didn't want to push gets over, fire them after being in Wrestlemania.

That Wrestlemania women's tag gauntlet was weird as fuck as it was all random tag teams of people who used to be in established tag teams.

Bazler used to have a 3 women faction, Nia Jax was with Tamina, Mandy Rose was with Sonya Deville who wasn't on the show, Billie Kay was with Peyton Royce who wasn't on the show, Riott Squad is somehow still a thing but they are down one member who was cut last year...

So they destroyed the entire Women's tag scene by fucking with Sasha/Bayley who really wanted a long reign appearing on all 3 shows, split up all but one team, destroyed Shayna Bayzler y putting her on tags when she is your obvious Ronda Rousey replacement, made Carmella into a generic ho just like Dana Brooke and Mandy Rose when she was amazing with R Truth...

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Splitting people up with no storyline/followup, or people losing titles with no followup, seems to be a big issue of theirs.

The worst example was having Brock squash Kofi for the title followed by Kofi coming out the next week as part of New Day like nothing happened, no follow-up, no fiery promo demanding a rematch, not even referencing it. It made his entire reign seem meaningless. If he didn't care why should we?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Break up Otis and Tucky. Push Otis, forget him, make him part of a new tag team with Gable whose team you broke up and forgot about him after a singles push. Fire tucky. Otis is nowhere to be seen

Chris

Potato del Grande
Break up Otis and Tucky. Push Otis, forget him, make him part of a new tag team with Gable whose team you broke up and forgot about him after a singles push. Fire tucky. Otis is nowhere to be seen
Yeah, they keep doing it.

Having wrestlers in factions and keeping them together is a good thing, really helps keeping storylines through injury and having varied matches in a feud. Like how Usos and Roman Reigns being IRL family means an Uso can be injured and the other can be paired up with Reigns, making Reign's feuds have an extra person who can wrestle.

You can break them up occasionally with a concrete plan for them, but don't break them all up for no reason lol

Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
What you guys are describing is exactly why I stopped watching wwe. I just can't get into their shitty booking they throw at you.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Hurt business is popular? Break them up so Lashley can be solo. Oh wait then pair him with shitty heels no one likes so he’s either solo or in the group that was working.

it’s all so tiresome.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What you guys are describing is exactly why I stopped watching wwe. I just can't get into their shitty booking they throw at you.
AEW is so much better at this.

Now they do make mistakes, usually in presentation/gimmicks/promos rather than booking.

But their mindset is that if someone isn't getting over then it's the company's fault, not the talent, and they tweak it or try again until it's fixed.

Like Rusev totally fell flat in AEW, but they kept at it, the Arcade Machine match was decent but there's goodwill and faith from me that they'll transition him into something better.

That's not blind faith, they fixed Dark Order (even before Brodie died), so they can fix anything. They fixed the exploding ring botch too with the promos the next episode.

WWE have had angles/characters fall flat and they either immediatly abandon it or keep trying without changing course.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Like Rusev totally fell flat in AEW, but they kept at it, the Arcade Machine match was decent but there's goodwill and faith from me that they'll transition him into something better.
Which is hilarious because he was so incredibly over at times during his WWE career but they just constantly failed to capitalize on it or give him good pushes.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
AEW is so much better at this.

Now they do make mistakes, usually in presentation/gimmicks/promos rather than booking.

But their mindset is that if someone isn't getting over then it's the company's fault, not the talent, and they tweak it or try again until it's fixed.

That's not blind faith, they fixed Dark Order (even before Brodie died), so they can fix anything. They fixed the exploding ring botch too with the promos the next episode.

WWE have had angles/characters fall flat and they either immediatly abandon it or keep trying without changing course.

Yeah, and their one idea that really didn't work, Brandi's Nightmare Collective, they dropped fairly quickly instead of forcing it. The only thing I don't like about AEW is the stunning amount of factions. After a while none of them feel special anymore. Team Taz should be a force and they're lost in the shuffle instead. The Factory should be AEW's version of the Nexus and instead they're lost in the shuffle. The Pinnacle should be the new Four Horsemen and the focus of the program on the heel side, but they're completely overshadowed by The Elite. Literally everyone is in a gang except Lance Archer, who they're hinting will do something with Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page.

At this point Archer flying solo is something that'd actually make him stand out a lot on the roster. And he needs it, because he's going to start to look like a gatekeeper/choke artist type character who wins all the time but never when it's for a championship. A perennial #1 contender sort of guy who never gets a title. I figured he'd be the one to unseat Adam Page or Kenny Omega for the title in a year or two as a monster heel challenger, but now Miro is way more likely for that role since Miro has stolen all of the monster thunder with his transformation as of late into a serious wrecking ball.

AEW is basically what WWF's booking used to be, though more in the visual/wrestling style of WCW. With a little bit of UFC and ECW thrown in. As someone who watched WWF/E religiously from about 1997-2017, they're so much better than modern WWE it isn't even funny. All they need are crowds again. Taking away their crowds basically put them on the same crowd heat level as WWE because AEW's crowd reactions/noise were so much better than WWE pre-pandemic.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah, and their one idea that really didn't work, Brandi's Nightmare Collective, they dropped fairly quickly instead of forcing it. The only thing I don't like about AEW is the stunning amount of factions. After a while none of them feel special anymore. Team Taz should be a force and they're lost in the shuffle instead. The Factory should be AEW's version of the Nexus and instead they're lost in the shuffle. The Pinnacle should be the new Four Horsemen and the focus of the program on the heel side, but they're completely overshadowed by The Elite. Literally everyone is in a gang except Lance Archer, who they're hinting will do something with Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page.

At this point Archer flying solo is something that'd actually make him stand out a lot on the roster. And he needs it, because he's going to start to look like a gatekeeper/choke artist type character who wins all the time but never when it's for a championship. A perennial #1 contender sort of guy who never gets a title. I figured he'd be the one to unseat Adam Page or Kenny Omega for the title in a year or two as a monster heel challenger, but now Miro is way more likely for that role since Miro has stolen all of the monster thunder with his transformation as of late into a serious wrecking ball.

AEW is basically what WWF's booking used to be, though more in the visual/wrestling style of WCW. With a little bit of UFC and ECW thrown in. As someone who watched WWF/E religiously from about 1997-2017, they're so much better than modern WWE it isn't even funny. All they need are crowds again. Taking away their crowds basically put them on the same crowd heat level as WWE because AEW's crowd reactions/noise were so much better than WWE pre-pandemic.
Yeah Team Taz got old fast with the Sting interruptions, but the cinematic match was great, Taz on commentary is always good and I like the Starks vs Cage tension they have now.

So I'm able to find lots of positives in sub optimal angles and I don't feel bad IRL for the wrestler being disrespected, humiliated and fired. That's all I want.

Even Jade Cargill who was a WWE tier women's promo disaster several weeks in a row looks fucking great now because they stopped what wasn't working (spoken promos) and focused on what was (shes physically incredible).

Which is hilarious because he was so incredibly over at times during his WWE career but they just constantly failed to capitalize on it or give him good pushes.
I remember when they wanted Lana to wrestle, so Aiden English came out with her (without Rusev) and got her over in seconds with "Lana is the best, Lana #1".

They ignored that promo power and broke them up with a cuck angle.

Maybe AEW should have gotten Aiden English but would it look bad for them to reuse a WWE gimmick?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What I want to know is, when will Miro murder Kip? Are they holding off on that for the next PPV? Cause it seemed like after Arcade Anarchy it was safe to say Kip was dead meat, and all we've had since then were Youtube promos from Miro saying Kip was holding him back. Where's the progression on Dynamite?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They ignored that promo power and broke them up with a cuck angle.
I'm guessing that is the thing CJ and Miro are happiest about is not having to do that retarded shit anymore.

Supposedly they fucked in that tank he rode out in for Wrestlemania 31, pretty great story whether it's true or not.