Sports Entertainment

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man that was a great show. Cole showing up was unexpected and then Bryan coming out in answer, damn man.

I haven't seen an end of an event that got me more excited than this in a long time.

Needless

Toe Sucker
watching big show was painful holy shit i thought his legs were gonna snap at any moment
that was actually a really good card, WWE is pretty much dead now lol

fucking NJPW's site is down now so i cant catch up on their ppv reeeeeeeee

also suzuki showing up is so fucking sick, i love that dude he's gotta be the best fucking crazy dude heel to exist

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Man, that really was sick. When Adam Cole came out at the end I thought he was going to have a standoff with Omega and they'd debut Bryan on Dynamite or something, then THEY GOT ME. They waited until like the last second of Omega's "good night" schtick to hit the music, like they put that doubt in the audience's mind that Bryan would show up, then he did.

And despite being overshadowed a bit by Bryan, Adam Cole is such a goddamn star that it isn't even funny. He carried NXT single-handedly for a year against AEW and kept it competitive in the ratings. And he hasn't even begun to reach his potential yet.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Wait holy shit just read results, now I need to buy

COle?
SUZUKI?
DANIELSON?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT

they just added Punk. Man, they have all the hardcore fan favorites.

Honestly the only guy left for WWE at that level is Edge for feels. Reigns is Great. Lesnar is played out. Cena is kind of done, Orton is an all time great but just hasnt been booked to move the meter. What hot star tdo they have? They just ruined Becky who was their top star honestly. only way they can one up tonight is The Rock and whats that even do.

Jesus, AEW in 2 years is at a point where JON MOXLEY, MINORU SUZUKI, JERICHO, CM PUNK, MATT HARDY, CHRISTIAN and Cody are their MID CARD

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Legit, am I 13 again? This is monday night wars stuff.

The only stars at the top Level the WWE has made since Austin and the Rock. Legit main eventers and stars.

Lesnar
Cena
Punk
Bryan
Reigns

2 of them debuted in AEW this month. Wow.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They still have Bray Wyatt coming in too. I hope they rotate guys in and out so they can get some proper rest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's so satisfying seeing Cody slowly bury Vince, consider all the history there with him, Dusty, etc.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
lucha bros are arguably the best team alive and they JUST got gold 2 years in

Lucha Bros were the only team that IMO were portrayed as equal to the Young Bucks for the past couple of years. It's actually fitting that they're the ones to finally beat them. My question is, who do they pass the torch to, if anybody? I'd honestly have them drop the titles to Proud & Powerful in NYC in a few weeks. Those guys are also crazy over and AEW is starting this great trend of wrestlers actually having successful nights when they're in front of their hometown crowd.

It's so satisfying seeing Cody slowly bury Vince, consider all the history there with him, Dusty, etc.

One of the best things about AEW is that it only exists because Vince mistreated so many people. Without all of WWE's mistakes, there's no Cody on the indies, there's no All In, and The Elite all sign their WWE contracts in January 2019. Maybe Tony Khan tries to get something going but it'd be an untelevised indy or the NWA at best.

AEW is like the collective karma of each and every person WWE screwed over time.

• 4Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I was like 90% convinced once Kenny and Adam cole linked up again, Jay White was going to come out to feud them after lmao

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Legit, am I 13 again? This is monday night wars stuff.

The only stars at the top Level the WWE has made since Austin and the Rock. Legit main eventers and stars.

Lesnar
Cena
Punk
Bryan
Reigns

2 of them debuted in AEW this month. Wow.
Discounting part-timers like Rock, who wrestle once every 7 Wrestlemanias, and factoring in only full-time rosters, I think AEW somehow has far more star power than WWE now. WWE obviously has the massive star power of the brand name alone to carry it, but as far as who the audience sees when they tune in, AEW's the one with the star power. TNA could have never dreamed of passing WWE in star power. The last time this happened in wrestling? Probably 1995 WCW.

When was the last time we saw such huge returns back to back? That one time when both HHH and Undertaker both made shock returns in the same segment on RAW?

I wouldn't have minded if it went full return-ception like that meme of the people sitting in the church with guns on each other.

Adam Cole shock-returns, joins Elite, Jay White shock debuts and challenges them, cut to black, back on and Ric Flair walks out as the new general manager, is about to make his first proclamation (on White vs Cole) when the lights go black, they come back on and Flair is laid out by Bray Wyatt, standing there holding an effigy of Ric's head and cackling, then Bryan's theme plays and he runs out to Ric's defense while the Bullet Club guys in the ring look on with concern/dumbfoundedness.

And then Tessa Blanchard wanders out as the show is going off the air idk

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Tessa won’t ever be in AEW. They are too progressive to hire her with her alleged racism. I mean they suspended max caster for a month plus for a Duke lacrosse joke, tou think the company with a black female VPhire Tessa after her “black girl” comments….not saying I agree just that is he state of the world

Chris

Potato del Grande
Discounting part-timers like Rock, who wrestle once every 7 Wrestlemanias, and factoring in only full-time rosters, I think AEW somehow has far more star power than WWE now.
Sting vs Goldberg

Christian/Matt Hardy/Jericho vs Edge/Jeff Hardy/HHH

CM Punk/Bryan vs Randy Orton/Brock Lesnar

Rollins/Reigns/Styles vs Moxley/Omega/Cody

Seems pretty equal for main event/nostalgia star wrestlers.

The differences are:

1) WWE's new generation is either in AEW (Miro, Black, Andrade, Adam Cole) or buried/fired (Ricochet, Wyatt, Strowman). AEW has an incredible midcard now with a bunch of their own stars (Darby/Jungle Boy/MJF/Hangman). WWE only has Lashley and McIntyre left in that category.

2) AEW has a tag team division.

3) AEW has a non buried/joke undercard since they all get wins on Dark.

4) WWE has 4 horsewomen and Asuka/Io, though AEW is improving and WWE regressing on women's wrestling. WWE is going to suffer massive damage if Charlotte Flair leaves.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Charolette should if she’s offered it. Any chance to not risk having your neck get sawdusted by that talentless fat fuck Nia jax is a chance worth taking

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
tw14upzf3wl71.jpg

The absolute state of WWE. In the UK they sell a magazine for kids and it has The Fiend on the front cover lol.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The problem is WWE either buried or misused all their "up and coming" talent and rested their laurels on fossils like Taker, Flair, etc. Now that those guys are all aged out, they don't really have much left and the talent they would've had, they chased off to AEW.

DDP was right. I remember hearing him on a podcast right around the time of the first AEW PPV and he said that wrestling was going to see another "Monday night war".

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
You know AEW is doing it right when this thread has like 2 pages worth of posts in 24 hours.

• 4Like