Sports Entertainment

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
CM Punk says "We are going to sink so low catering to paying fans we’ll be at the center of the earth around 10pm CT on September 5th". I assume this means something huge is happening in the main event of All Out.

He said this in response to a fan criticizing AEW for catering to fans too much. At this point the AEW-haters have so little ammo to actually criticize the company that they're grasping at literal air with their attacks. The WWE lifers act a lot like battered spouses I've met.

Also, I noticed AEW refers to "the world" a lot in things like this. I'm down with AEW and their fans being "the AEW World" while WWE is "the WWE Universe". You can either be a part of the world, or you can be floating out in space.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd be full mast the entire time she would checking my teeth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Off to Chicago for a week of RASSLIN.

Wish me luck on not getting shot tho

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

He shot down the idea of Lee, 34, returning when asked if she was interested or if him being around wrestling again might spark her desire to return.

“I just want to say, no,” Punk said. “Just because [of] her neck. The reason she stopped wrestling is because of her neck. She’s got a bad neck, you know. I wouldn’t want her to jeopardize [her] health and neither would she, so we’ll put an end to that rumor right now.”

I knew it, but it still sucks. I loved AJ.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I knew it, but it still sucks. I loved AJ.

Thing is, I think people would be thrilled if she were on their TV again at all, not necessarily as a wrestler. I'd love to see her come back as an authority figure. AEW has never really had one, and I think having a good guy GM like AJ, Bret, or Ric would be great. They could do a reverse Austin/McMahon with said GM having to deal with MJF and us the audience rooting for the GM to squash this guy.

• 3Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
It would be cool for her to just be a stable manager but that shit always leads to wrestling. taking 1 bump leads to 2 bumps and then next thing you know your in the ring.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hella lame....

They should do PAC vs Andrade at the NYC show and have it be for a title shot.

I'd also love to see Andrade and Black fight it out again. That was probably the best NXT main event ever.

20210901_204757.jpg

In other news Dynamite was great

• 3Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
A couple notes

-Jamie Hayter has a hell of a lot of...It. Whatever It is. Her one entrance and match last week made me see some serious star-power and champion potential in her. Same thing happened the first time I saw Anna Jay, that first match made me go "she might be the future". Well, I got the same vibe here. They seem to be going the Becky Lynch / Sasha Banks route of having Hayter be a lackey for Britt even though she's clearly also an alpha. Then when it inevitably falls apart she'll beat down Britt for the title. Difference being that I think Britt will be the face in this scenario, unlike Sasha. Or at least she'll be turned face officially by the surprise of being run over by her former lackey. Britt's got a lot of other storylines to go through first though. Thunder Rosa is probably her biggest challenge on the way. I think Hayter is gonna be the one to actually end her title reign though.

-PAC vs Andrade being cancelled is a bummer. This is, I think, the third time a major PAC match or push was cancelled because of his "prior bookings" or visa issues. Hell, rumor was that the first AEW title match was supposed to be PAC vs. Adam Page and when PAC fell through, they made Page's opponent the winner of Jericho/Omega instead. When PAC was Dragon Gate champion he couldn't really do much in AEW because he didn't want to lose at all and make Dragon Gate look subpar. PAC takes his indy bookings very seriously. However AEW should be his top priority. It's just a benefit that AEW lets people compete in other companies. That doesn't mean put them above AEW. At least the Dragon Gate situation was pre-existing, but now it seems like PAC is taking bookings in England that are causing him to have issues getting back here for AEW shows. After having to cancel this PPV match because PAC can't make it for whatever reason, I wouldn't be surprised if TK and co sit down with PAC and have a talk about where his priorities are. I guess this is the downside of giving the employees so much freedom.

Chris

Potato del Grande
A couple notes

-Jamie Hayter has a hell of a lot of...It. Whatever It is. Her one entrance and match last week made me see some serious star-power and champion potential in her. Same thing happened the first time I saw Anna Jay, that first match made me go "she might be the future". Well, I got the same vibe here. They seem to be going the Becky Lynch / Sasha Banks route of having Hayter be a lackey for Britt even though she's clearly also an alpha. Then when it inevitably falls apart she'll beat down Britt for the title. Difference being that I think Britt will be the face in this scenario, unlike Sasha. Or at least she'll be turned face officially by the surprise of being run over by her former lackey. Britt's got a lot of other storylines to go through first though. Thunder Rosa is probably her biggest challenge on the way. I think Hayter is gonna be the one to actually end her title reign though.

-PAC vs Andrade being cancelled is a bummer. This is, I think, the third time a major PAC match or push was cancelled because of his "prior bookings" or visa issues. Hell, rumor was that the first AEW title match was supposed to be PAC vs. Adam Page and when PAC fell through, they made Page's opponent the winner of Jericho/Omega instead. When PAC was Dragon Gate champion he couldn't really do much in AEW because he didn't want to lose at all and make Dragon Gate look subpar. PAC takes his indy bookings very seriously. However AEW should be his top priority. It's just a benefit that AEW lets people compete in other companies. That doesn't mean put them above AEW. At least the Dragon Gate situation was pre-existing, but now it seems like PAC is taking bookings in England that are causing him to have issues getting back here for AEW shows. After having to cancel this PPV match because PAC can't make it for whatever reason, I wouldn't be surprised if TK and co sit down with PAC and have a talk about where his priorities are. I guess this is the downside of giving the employees so much freedom.
Jamie Hayter was fat when she was on AEW pre covid. What the fuck happened, she is incredible now I agree.

I really want AEW to start non title women's storylines and have two matches on Dynamite not one. They have enough talent now.

Cancel the Nightmare Factory storylines and matches to make room.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Jamie Hayter was fat when she was on AEW pre covid. What the fuck happened, she is incredible now I agree.

I really want AEW to start non title women's storylines and have two matches on Dynamite not one. They have enough talent now.

Cancel the Nightmare Factory storylines and matches to make room.

Nightmare Factory is like a homeless man's Nexus. It had potential at first with Anthony Ogogo as the frontman / Wade Barrett of the group and QT as the Heyman/mastermind. Problem is, they're pushing QT as the frontman/threat instead, and nobody else is a threat as long as they're subservient to him. Also, Ogogo losing to Cody and then fucking off entirely is like...what? Even uber-casual viewers thought Ogogo was impressive. Now they're getting jobbed out to Big Show in 5-on-1s.

Hayter in tights and Britt in glasses...yeah. I like that eyebrow raise Hayter does early on. She's a dynamo of charisma.

Thoughts and prayers. Record the CM Punk chants as I am sure it will be loud as fuck.

I missed the first half hour because I took a nap beforehand and my brain didn't process time zones correctly when I woke up all bleary at 6:30. Instead of heading straight to the arena, I doddered about for a bit thinking the show was at 8, when it was at 7. So I missed Punk. Yikes. I'll see him on Friday though. Also unfortunate that I missed that PPV-quality FTR/P&P match. Had a rough couple of days for sleep. Today would be a good time to catch up on rest, except I foolishly booked myself for all of AEW's charity events today. I'm out traveling around like I'm 27 instead of 37 and my body is like "fuck off".

More Notes: The audience was hugely into Lucha Bros. HUGELY. Wouldn't be surprised if they get the titles this weekend. Also, speaking of dynamos of charisma, Ricky Starks is insanely charismatic. After the Hobbs/Cage match, everyone was looking at Starks to see what he was doing, and he jawed with the fans quite a bit. The guy is going to be a huge star.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There's just something about Britt that really does it for me. Goddamn, I'd let her fart in my face.

• 3Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
Nightmare Factory is like a homeless man's Nexus. It had potential at first with Anthony Ogogo as the frontman / Wade Barrett of the group and QT as the Heyman/mastermind. Problem is, they're pushing QT as the frontman/threat instead, and nobody else is a threat as long as they're subservient to him. Also, Ogogo losing to Cody and then fucking off entirely is like...what? Even uber-casual viewers thought Ogogo was impressive. Now they're getting jobbed out to Big Show in 5-on-1s.

Hayter in tights and Britt in glasses...yeah. I like that eyebrow raise Hayter does early on. She's a dynamo of charisma.

I missed the first half hour because I took a nap beforehand and my brain didn't process time zones correctly when I woke up all bleary at 6:30. Instead of heading straight to the arena, I doddered about for a bit thinking the show was at 8, when it was at 7. So I missed Punk. Yikes. I'll see him on Friday though. Also unfortunate that I missed that PPV-quality FTR/P&P match. Had a rough couple of days for sleep. Today would be a good time to catch up on rest, except I foolishly booked myself for all of AEW's charity events today. I'm out traveling around like I'm 27 instead of 37 and my body is like "fuck off".

More Notes: The audience was hugely into Lucha Bros. HUGELY. Wouldn't be surprised if they get the titles this weekend. Also, speaking of dynamos of charisma, Ricky Starks is insanely charismatic. After the Hobbs/Cage match, everyone was looking at Starks to see what he was doing, and he jawed with the fans quite a bit. The guy is going to be a huge star.

Hit up the energy drinks and post some pictures!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hit up the energy drinks and post some pictures!

Unfortunately I don't really have many good pictures. I mostly took videos, and even among those nothing really jumps out at me from this episode. I'll get some better stuff at Rampage.

I'll say this, the flames that shoot up from the stage during some entrances are completely legit. Was about 40 feet from the stage and could feel a wave of heat from there. I don't know how guys like Jericho stand right next to them without getting their eyebrows singed off.

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 370755
Well, this fucking sucks
Who is this?

Looking at the squaredcircle wrestling reddit, seems like we are in the "mental health awareness" phase, I wonder how long it will take to get back to the "sack this person for being a republican or #metoo" phases?

I remember when they cancelled/suicided Hana Kimura, a Japanese Wrestler nobody was talking about, for being mean on a scripted reality TV show. Now they are all huge Hana Kimura fans.