Sports Entertainment

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'll be watching the Rumble this weekend. It's always one of my favorite PPV's, plus it's in Philly, so that will help. I can't watch RAW or Smackdown on a regular basis anymore. 3 hours is just too much for RAW, and jesus, Cole and JBL have to be the worst announcers ever. Heel Michael Cole wasn't this bad.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Raw can be difficult. They shipped Lawler to Smackdown, so that helps. I wish they would actually talk about the matches instead of random bullshit.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Lawler may not be as good as he once was, but he's as good once as he ever was.

Anyway...Lawler over JBL on Smackdown is a huge upgrade. Now they just need to can Michael Cole. They can bring Rene and/or Corey Graves up from NXT to announce.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Corey Graves was markedly improved on commentary last night on NXT. Much less tripping over words. I'm really digging him on the announce team.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Jim Ross doesn't announce anymore? The fuck? Why even watch?

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Ive enjoyed Corey Graves on commentary. They should drop JBL and Cole, and get William Regal on Raw. Dude is money.

They fired good ol' JR.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
NJPW is what pro-wrestling was here in the states. I'm a huge fan now of NJPW. I don't know how anyone can stomach the WWE at all after watching NJPW. There are having two episodes of NJPW this week on AXStv.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
He announced Wrestle Kingdom 9. Excellent commentary the entire show. It felt more like a UFC ppv than a wrasslin' ppv. And the action itself? Far more brutal than anything you'll see in WWE these days if that's your thing. Check it out. I thought the Minoru Suzuki vs. Kazushi Sakuraba was awesome but I couldn't find any clips of that one at all. Loved the end to that match.

I couldn't find any with Ross on commentary but here's the Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kota Ibushi match. Another great match from that card. One of the best of the night actually.

If you don't like this match then you probably won't like many of them at all.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Here is the match they showed on AXStv this last week. Mauro Ronello and Josh Barnett are doing commentary and it's extremely good.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_88682.jpg

I don't think I ever shared this photo. My wife says I was screaming like a girl when Sting came out. Evidently people were afraid to come to this show because of the Ferguson bullshit, so that is why it looks empty by the hard camera.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I can't decide who I want to win the rumble. Bryan is a boring gay little vegan nerd. Reigns can't carry the show by himself yet. Orton might be okay. I think I'd most like to see lesnar lose the title in the three way then enter the rumble and dominate.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I can't decide who I want to win the rumble. Bryan is a boring gay little vegan nerd. Reigns can't carry the show by himself yet. Orton might be okay. I think I'd most like to see lesnar lose the title in the three way then enter the rumble and dominate.
I'd be ok with Bryan, just ok. Agreed Reigns needs more time. That Lesnar plan is actually really good. Build him up even more then when he eventually loses it will mean that much more. Nice call.

Ross is kind of an insufferable prick. Just listen to his podcast.
I like Ross because he actual calls the match. He generally doesn't talk about random shit or completely ignore what's going on in the ring. That's another reason why I prefer NXT to RAW or Smackdown right now.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I know Reigns is supposed to be the anointed one, but having him win in Philly over Bryan would make Batista winning last year seem tame. That crowd would shit all over it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Wow I didn't know Ross was fired. The Ric Flair bit sounds like a red herring. They should bring ross in to replace goldberg at UFC.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
He did color commentary with Chael Sonnen for an MMA event in Tulsa a while back. He says he enjoyed it and I think he got decent reviews for it.