Sports Entertainment

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is pretty good. Danhausen might get the Ass Boys over by himself.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I read the names of the royal rumble entrants

The womens match was all non wwe full timer

The mens match was nobodies. What the fuck is a ridge Holland or a Madcap Moss?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I read the names of the royal rumble entrants

The womens match was all non wwe full timer

The mens match was nobodies. What the fuck is a ridge Holland or a Madcap Moss?
It's the few men they have left minus NXT which has been demoted back to developmental. So some are their legit stars, some are people Vince took a liking to and some are people who are "happy to be there" and haven't been fired yet.

For the women they didn't have enough and had to bring back fired and retired people lmao.

Last edited:

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
What a shitty ass rumble. We know everything is scripted but they could to at least try and keep the illusion that shit is random still.
Brock loses the belt, then comes back at number 30 in the same event(I'm trying to remember if this happened before feels like it has), where the slots are suppose to be "randomly pulled" before the rumble even started. So Brock signed up for rumble while being the champ? I haven't watched wwe in a long time, but I do remember a time you could pick which champ to face at WM, but the champions could compete for that as well? and how convenient he pulled slot 30! what a surprise! We know brock is their cash cow and everything is handed to him, but geez, what a shitty way to go about it.
Women didn't even have enough wrestlers to compete, had to even pull Mickey from tna, how sad, spend a year firing people and then still want to run a rumble match where like half of them were retired or fired. And then no build up in the end, nope Rousey cunt just one flips Charlotte out.

Supposedly Shane was partially responsible for that shit show, and now he's been fired...

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Shit I'd rather watch Impact than WWE. AEW is just shitting down WWEs throat and it's fantastic.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

MJF/Punk was really good tonight. I'm glad they are taking it slow with Wardlow.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wardlow is gonna be the future. I met him in person a few months ago and told him that and he was humble AF about it.

I'd love to see AEW bring in Shane as an anti-AEW character who is trying to buy the company. It'd be comedy gold. I doubt he wants to completely alienate his dad though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd be really surprised if the Shane firing isn't some kind of a work, and they're just trying to make it more believable by not having it be super obvious like the usual worked 'firings' were.

On the other hand the dude is 52 and has to have some brain damage from the awful bumps he's taken, so maybe he is a liability at this point.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Brock loses the belt, then comes back at number 30 in the same event(I'm trying to remember if this happened before feels like it has)
Becky did it in 2019 although she beat the shit out of someone (Lana?) to take their 30 spot so it made a bit more sense.

Last edited:

Araxen

I'm not sure who Britt drops her belt too. I just don't think Thunder Rosa is over enough.

I'm sad that Jay White is only in AEW temporarily. I like Jade, but she's still too green and having her face AQA was a dumb decision. That might have been the worst match I've watched on AEW since I started watching again. If you are going to do that match throw it on Dark.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure who Britt drops her belt too. I just don't think Thunder Rosa is over enough.

I'm sad that Jay White is only in AEW temporarily. I like Jade, but she's still too green and having her face AQA was a dumb decision. That might have been the worst match I've watched on AEW since I started watching again. If you are going to do that match throw it on Dark.

I think Rosa was always the plan for who Britt drops the belt to, since they had that MOTY last year.

Expecting Britt/Rosa to main event and Rosa to come out to Thunderstruck at the PPV. If that happens, she's winning. If it's placed below Page/Cole and has normal entrances, Britt is retaining.

Obviously plans can change and if that's the case, Britt/Hayter is the big showdown where the belt is gonna switch.

Rosa is pretty damn over, though. Not sure if it comes across on TV, but live crowds love her.

I could see a situation where Rosa wins the belt at Revolution, defeats Deeb at DoN, then Britt gets it back mid-summer, and Hayter gets it at All Out. Mainly because I don't think TK wants to break Shida's "longest champion" record since her work during the pandemic was hugely appreciated by the company.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1644720558490.png

1644721137000.png

1644721214560.png

Watched the Rumble (I generally skim the RR and WM even if I'm not watching WWE at all otherwise, have been doing that for a few years now).

Who is this insanely fucking gorgeous ring announcer? It isn't Jojo, or anyone I've ever seen before. I didn't exactly get the best screenshots of her, but she kinda looks like Inara from Firefly.

Last edited: