Sports Entertainment

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah those two, NJPW was doing the whole belt fued for the past few months as well -- making Okada hold on to the old IWGP belt because it was the 'true' belt, while shingo and ospreay were both with their winged belts complaining about shingo not being the true champion because he got it basically by default when Kota Ibushi sawdusted his shoulder, and osprey also lost it from an injury as well.

Then it ended up just being Okada winning the new belt and officially retiring the old one under his decision or whatever, which is fine but unfortunate because the old belt looks way better. Maybe if it was like 20% bigger it would be sick

edit: the 2nd and defending match against osprey on WK16 day 2 by Okada was actually really good though, i thought it was kind of stupid they had 2 back to back IWGP matches but it turned out to be really enjoyable

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah those two, NJPW was doing the whole belt fued for the past few months as well -- making Okada hold on to the old IWGP belt because it was the 'true' belt, while shingo and ospreay were both with their winged belts complaining about shingo not being the true champion because he got it basically by default when Kota Ibushi sawdusted his shoulder, and osprey also lost it from an injury as well.

Then it ended up just being Okada winning the new belt and officially retiring the old one under his decision or whatever, which is fine but unfortunate because the old belt looks way better. Maybe if it was like 20% bigger it would be sick

edit: the 2nd and defending match against osprey on WK16 day 2 by Okada was actually really good though, i thought it was kind of stupid they had 2 back to back IWGP matches but it turned out to be really enjoyable

That sounds pretty convoluted. Did anyone even beat Ibushi? He's also got an unavenged win over Kenny Omega. Probably the #1 NJPW signing AEW should try to get as he could be an instant title picture guy.

Looking forward to Okada showing up in AEW as a guest, which the grapevine says is happening in 2022 if Japanese rules get relaxed enough.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The classic IWGP belt is third beat all time behind the big gold belt and the wwf eaglebelt. Classic as fuck

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
That sounds pretty convoluted. Did anyone even beat Ibushi? He's also got an unavenged win over Kenny Omega. Probably the #1 NJPW signing AEW should try to get as he could be an instant title picture guy.

Looking forward to Okada showing up in AEW as a guest, which the grapevine says is happening in 2022 if Japanese rules get relaxed enough.

Ibushi lost to ospreay once the belts were unified
ospreay got injured and vacated it
shingo beat okada to win the vacant title
then okada beat shingo last weekend who i assume will hold it for a long ass time as okada does lol

I got the ibushi injury mixed up, that was the G1 final -- not when he won it from naito before unifying the two belts

Needless

Toe Sucker
That finish to Punk vs Wardlow was some next level cringe booking lmao
God that clown sucks ass and so does tony's booking already

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wardlow did get a huge ass pop(biggest of the night) out of it when the crowd thought he was going to turn face. The finish served it's purpose. I really hope Julia Hart joins House Black. She needs to get away from that tag-team she's saddled with.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
AEW has the very hot women thing on lockdown.

okxNMSG.png

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I bet Skye Blue is wild in the sack.

I've seen out-of-"character" videos of her and she cusses like a sailor.

That finish to Punk vs Wardlow was some next level cringe booking lmao
God that clown sucks ass and so does tony's booking already

I've seen a few people shitting on Punk vs Wardlow, mainly for making Punk look weak and changing the focus from Punk/MJF to Wardlow/MJF.

I don't think Wardlow should be getting beaten up by CM Punk at this point. He's like their Brock in the making. A fluke roll-up is fine, not like he pinned Wardlow off a GTS.

If Punk had beaten Wardlow in a 50/50 match people would be crying foul that an old guy beat their blue-chipper. So they can't win.

At this point I do think Tony is more matchmaker than creative. We need to get like 3-5 people set up as a creative team and start injecting some actual storylines into AEW programming.

Wardlow did get a huge ass pop(biggest of the night) out of it when the crowd thought he was going to turn face. The finish served it's purpose. I really hope Julia Hart joins House Black. She needs to get away from that tag-team she's saddled with.

Ya, I think Varsity Blondes are one of those things that'll work a lot better when they break up. Pillman Jr has the potential to be a singles star eventually, Garrison has height and speed and a lot of blue-chipper potential, and Julia is hot AF and super likeable. I can see all 3 of them going places, but not as a unit. The college sportz thing they have going on is weighing them all down.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I bet Skye Blue is wild in the sack.

I've seen out-of-"character" videos of her and she cusses like a sailor.

I've seen a few people shitting on Punk vs Wardlow, mainly for making Punk look weak and changing the focus from Punk/MJF to Wardlow/MJF.

I don't think Wardlow should be getting beaten up by CM Punk at this point. He's like their Brock in the making. A fluke roll-up is fine, not like he pinned Wardlow off a GTS.

If Punk had beaten Wardlow in a 50/50 match people would be crying foul that an old guy beat their blue-chipper. So they can't win.

At this point I do think Tony is more matchmaker than creative. We need to get like 3-5 people set up as a creative team and start injecting some actual storylines into AEW programming.

Ya, I think Varsity Blondes are one of those things that'll work a lot better when they break up. Pillman Jr has the potential to be a singles star eventually, Garrison has height and speed and a lot of blue-chipper potential, and Julia is hot AF and super likeable. I can see all 3 of them going places, but not as a unit. The college sportz thing they have going on is weighing them all down.
Which one is the Janetty?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Which one is the Janetty?

I thought Griff because he's so generic and Pillman Jr made a good impression out of the gate, but after seeing both in action so many times... I'm gonna say neither is the Janetty and both have a future. But if one's gonna fall off, I think it'll be Pillman Jr. I see big things for Young Griff. He probably needs a haircut though, A) To be taken more seriously and B) To not be so similar-looking to Jungle Boy.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I feel like tonight's Dynamite is the best show they've put on in like 2-3 months. Pretty much since Full Gear, things have been in a bit of a slump. Tonight didn't have a single bad segment (well, it isn't over yet, but yeah). Lots of really good stuff on this episode and they're doing a great job building up the next PPV / non-PPV / whenever all these matches are happening.

Looks like Beach Break is probably gonna be Cody vs. Sammy title unification and Hangman vs. Archer, then Revolution is gonna be Punk vs. MJF and probably Hangman vs Cole.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user