Sports Entertainment

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think the ROH purchase was in the works for a while, and is the reason TK has been hiring so many excess people. He basically has to support two rosters now, since none of ROH's talent were included in the sale. They're all free agents and while I'm sure some of them (Gresham, Rush) will be welcome in AEROH, chances are most of the roster will be established guys signed to AEW.

It's too bad Rok-C joined WWE, she really is all that. AEW would have benefitted HUGELY from getting her in the women's division. Basically the next AJ Lee except even more lovable, and she can go.

Revolution should be good tonight, who else is tuning in? I hope they give Britt/Rosa the main event.

Chris

Potato del Grande
How does AEW have the Hardy Boys music? Did they own it or is it licensed from an existing song?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hardy Boys theme is a public domain track. Which begs the question of why TNA and ROH never used it during their runs in those places.

In other news...

1647125410264.png

Jade should do Mortal Kombat 3 Jade cosplay like, all the time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Fucking A, Big E Went from champ to getting his neck broken by a green nxt guy

Was a bad drop. If his neck wasn’t thick as shit he would be paralyzed or dead

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The WWF used a bunch of public generic songs in the late 90s. Hardy’s and Hardcore Holly most popular. They used to use them in commercials for yellow Jackets and shit back in the day. Basically any product that would be on Spike TV or MTV

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I wonder if this will happen more often with WWE going for inexperienced athletes over experienced indie names.

nia jax was legit the most dangerous wrestler I’ve ever seen. Constantly hurting people. No wrestling background but she was the rocks cousin.

This guy Ridge Holland has literally massively Injured himself or his opponent in nearly every match he has had.

A few weeks back a guy name Riddick
Moss, another non wrestler they trained, took a bump the wrong way and almost broke his neck just like this. He also put Kenta out of action for over a year and basically ruined his US run because he was unsafe.

Last edited:

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Damn. Scott Hall had hip replacement surgery and had a blood clot dislodge, causing him to have three consecutive heart attacks and is now on life support.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Chris

Potato del Grande
Damn. Scott Hall had hip replacement surgery and had a blood clot dislodge, causing him to have three consecutive heart attacks and is now on life support.
4chan saying he got vaccinated so he could go to Wrestlemania.

• 1Picard

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
He got clean, got to be apart of wrestling againC and more importantly made up with kids and got to spend some time with them before he died. I’ll be honest I don’t usually get upset at celebrity deaths. I think this goes on the list with Robin Williams and Norm McDonald on ones that actually elicited some emotion from me. I’ve been a huge wrestling dork since 1988 but could couldn’t one one hand the amount of shit I cared about post 2004. NWO and Nitro parties with my friends in high school was a huge part of my life. As it is with many white trash kids born in the 80s lol.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
If you want to see something crazy, look up end of career hall facing a Japanese young boy winning one of his first matches by rolling up Hall.

That young boy ended up being NJPWs Ace, Tanahashi. He always put the little and young guys over knowing he was cemented as a top guy and the loss wouldn’t do much to him, but would jump start a career. He was the anti Hogan. I love his quite about “never letting the booker think you are a mark for yourself” because that’s one less thing they can use against you.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you want to see something crazy, look up end of career hall facing a Japanese young boy winning one of his first matches by rolling up Hall.

That young boy ended up being NJPWs Ace, Tanahashi. He always put the little and young guys over knowing he was cemented as a top guy and the loss wouldn’t do much to him, but would jump start a career. He was the anti Hogan. I love his quite about “never letting the booker think you are a mark for yourself” because that’s one less thing they can use against you.
fun bit of trivia but his finisher is probably the most protected finisher in the history of professional wrestling, I don't think the Edge failed to get a pinfall for his entire career. If he wasn't booked to win he just wouldn't do it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users