Sports Entertainment

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Anyone see the Marina Shafir / Skye Blue match? That had to be the worst match on Dynamite in ages. You could hear an actual pin drop in the arena for most of it, the crowd had zero reactions at all to that debacle.

Skye is popular enough, but she's too green to be in a match with someone who is a total noob. Marina looked like a deer in headlights and focused entirely on the ring during her walkout (aka not engaging the audience at all), then post-match she stared down the Baddies Section...and kept staring them down, again no eye contact with the audience at all. It's what theater students do when they're terrified of the audience so they focus on one particular thing to avoid seeing the crowd.

In any case, that debacle shouldn't have been on TV.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Anyone see the Marina Shafir / Skye Blue match? That had to be the worst match on Dynamite in ages. You could hear an actual pin drop in the arena for most of it, the crowd had zero reactions at all to that debacle.

Skye is popular enough, but she's too green to be in a match with someone who is a total noob. Marina looked like a deer in headlights and focused entirely on the ring during her walkout (aka not engaging the audience at all), then post-match she stared down the Baddies Section...and kept staring them down, again no eye contact with the audience at all. It's what theater students do when they're terrified of the audience so they focus on one particular thing to avoid seeing the crowd.

In any case, that debacle shouldn't have been on TV.
They are building too much stuff on Dark, I don't have time to watch that.

It's fine to say that your jobber is a credible threat because of their Dark wins, but you can't get anyone over on Dark and have them win titles off it like Scorpio Sky did or potentially Marina Shafir.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They are building too much stuff on Dark, I don't have time to watch that.

It's fine to say that your jobber is a credible threat because of their Dark wins, but you can't get anyone over on Dark and have them win titles off it like Scorpio Sky did or potentially Marina Shafir.

True, Scorpio's year long undefeated streak meant very little when all of it was on Dark.

It's funny cause a couple years ago when he got the music change and the "kick the door open" entrance, he cut a promo about being told he was "the king of Dark" and how that wasn't good enough, he wanted more. Fast forward a couple years and he sure seems to be the king of Dark again.

Sad thing is, Scorpio could be so much more over if they just let him do his "worst town" catchphrase and be the slightly-goofy guy he is in real life. He has a legit ton of charisma in reality but none of it gets showcased on TV.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
True, Scorpio's year long undefeated streak meant very little when all of it was on Dark.

It's funny cause a couple years ago when he got the music change and the "kick the door open" entrance, he cut a promo about being told he was "the king of Dark" and how that wasn't good enough, he wanted more. Fast forward a couple years and he sure seems to be the king of Dark again.

Sad thing is, Scorpio could be so much more over if they just let him do his "worst town" catchphrase and be the slightly-goofy guy he is in real life. He has a legit ton of charisma in reality but none of it gets showcased on TV.
Yeah BTE Scorpio is much better and ATT is dogshit.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot_20220421-111116_YouTube.jpg

This is kinda Sportz Entertainment but it might work. Either that or it'll ruin Hook, IDK

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Johnny Manziel throwing a TD pass to Terrell Owens. Wasn't sure where to put this, so leaving it here:

gerwgehtt.jpg
jrjrj.jpg

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is the Professional Wrestling thread lol, "Sports Entertainment" is an injoke about how Vince McMahon who owns WWE renamed the "sport" to that for legal reasons.

He's in the right thread.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
For the first time in a while I'm 100% caught-up on AEW shows. I've made it a point to watch every Dynamite and Rampage since those shows debuted, and I've ordered every PPV. Only seen a few Darks or Elevations though, I tune in when something of note happens.

Funny thing is, pre-AEW, I can count the number of WWE PPVs I ordered in 20 years on two hands, and the number of TNA PPVs I ordered on one hand. That's over 20 years. Now in 3 years of AEW I've ordered 13 PPVs and counting.

In any case, I was like 3-5 shows behind for all of the past month or so and this weekend I hunkered down and got caught up. Gonna stay on top of it now and watch things as they air, if possible. Kinda curious to see how long I can keep this AEW consistency going without losing/declining interest.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Kenny and Yukes are "butting heads" behind the scenes...that can't be good.

The new gameplay trailer is the most we've seen so far. The strikes (chops in particular) don't look good, unless Nyla was supposed to be no-selling them like that.

I think the hope was to have this out by Christmas 2023 so they still have a while to work on it. TBH I'm skeptical that it'll turn out as well as we all want, because we can't have nice things anymore. But we'll see. They just need to get the gameplay down. This game will either be a big shot in the arm, or a disaster that hurts the company by extension. It's pretty important in that regard.

Also if I were them I'd reach out to Cody and try to get him included. Then again, by the time it releases, his time in AEW might be ancient history. Or maybe he'll be back by then and they can put him in as DLC later.

Chris

Potato del Grande

Kenny and Yukes are "butting heads" behind the scenes...that can't be good.

The new gameplay trailer is the most we've seen so far. The strikes (chops in particular) don't look good, unless Nyla was supposed to be no-selling them like that.

I think the hope was to have this out by Christmas 2023 so they still have a while to work on it. TBH I'm skeptical that it'll turn out as well as we all want, because we can't have nice things anymore. But we'll see. They just need to get the gameplay down. This game will either be a big shot in the arm, or a disaster that hurts the company by extension. It's pretty important in that regard.

Also if I were them I'd reach out to Cody and try to get him included. Then again, by the time it releases, his time in AEW might be ancient history. Or maybe he'll be back by then and they can put him in as DLC later.
The mobile game was the worst mobile game I've ever played and had input from the referee Aubery apparently.

I have no hope for this.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Didn't the main WWE game immediately go to shit when they took development away from Yuke's? Why are you guys expecting this game to be bad?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's such a joy to watch MJF do his thing. He's the best heel in the world. The entire segment was awesome as fuck.

I bet Kenny is/was at odds with Yukes because Kenny basically wants the new game to be like No Mercy 64. Yukes strayed away from that model in the later console generations, and were terrible games. Just because it's Yukes doesn't mean it'll be a good game.

My vision for a wrestling game is to actually work a match, and not treat it like some fighting game. The game judges you on how hype you got the crowd essentially.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
My vision for a wrestling game is to actually work a match, and not treat it like some fighting game. The game judges you on how hype you got the crowd essentially.
Well, I would want maximum kayfabe, but getting the crowd either with you as babyface or against you as heel should give you stat boosts. So best of both worlds.

• 1Like