Sports Entertainment

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The rumor right now is a buyout of Punk's contract because he doesn't want to come back to work if The Elite are there.

He made 9.3 million in AEW since he joined, which is actually slightly more than he made in HIS ENTIRE WWE RUN.

So he's literally pissing away ungodly amounts of money here.

Even a buyout will probably just be his contract salary, not counting all the merchandise sales and PPV bonuses which make up about 40% of his money from the last year.

If he did come back and everyone got over their shit, Punk vs Kenny on PPV would be a record setting PPV for AEW.

Me a few weeks ago. Everyone involved has been mum and nobody seems to actually know anything.

What a fuckin' waste of money, and more importantly, waste of the comeback of the decade.

Punk should seek help, but he won't because he "doesn't believe in doctors".

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just sucks that he never dropped the title before leaving. Lapses in world title lineage piss me off, and were a big part of the WCW world title's value rapidly going downhill in early 2000.

He also beat a ton of people of note in the company and they aren't getting their wins back. Guys like Wardlow, who was 100% getting a rematch and his win back, and Hangman, Kingston.

The only people to even go over Punk both went 1-1 with him, MJF and Moxley, with Punk winning the second/culminating PPV matches.

Guy was treated like a fuckin' prince

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
They're stuck negotiating the non-compete clause then it's a done deal apparently.
Non-Compete for what? HHH can't stand the guy but probably would do "What's best for business" and Punk holds grudges so hard he makes Bret Hart look downright reasonable. New Japan won't pay what he would want and Impact couldn't on their best day.
Where else could he go?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Non-Compete for what? HHH can't stand the guy but probably would do "What's best for business" and Punk holds grudges so hard he makes Bret Hart look downright reasonable. New Japan won't pay what he would want and Impact couldn't on their best day.
Where else could he go?
Yeah. Demanding a non compete is doing their due dilligence I guess, but seems unlikely that WWE would want him and if he was going to do Impact/NJPW then he would have done that already.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They want a non-compete because despite HHH's distaste for Punk, they can and will bring him in on a temporary basis for the publicity and controversy it'd instantly stir up.

WWE won't let him anywhere near their world title(s), but a mid-level run and maybe a WM Night 1 main event? Maybe. Funny because I think Punk was the one who made a snide remark about MJF "going over there and "main eventing" night 1 of a 72 hour show" or something.

Though it'd have to wait because he can't wrestle again until probably late next summer at the earliest with his current injury.

AEW knows WWE would pop ratings and so forth with Punk showing up, as well as it affording Punk more opportunities to embarrass the company.

Therefore, they demand a non-compete for a set amount of time. A small ask, in exchange for them paying him a fucking $20 million buyout.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1666505505471.png

CJ isn't allowed to talk about this (no one is) but he can still tell people how he feels via twitter likes.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
I'm surprised there aren't more wrestlers blowing up their careers like this.

Last edited:

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Anyone heard anything about how Tristen actually died? Guy was super young. One of AEW's producers, also a fairly young guy, just dropped dead out of nowhere.
Both he and K abruptly stopped drinking. T had a seizure which triggered a heart attack. They got him back briefly but lost him enroute to the hospital.

*People who habitually abuse alcohol can experience alcohol-related seizures approximately six to 48 hours after their last drink.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Noticed a fair amount of people seem to be in the camp that Punk's behavior was justified and that The Elite are a backstage cancer and it's all their fault for spreading rumors and holding people back.

I have one friend who thinks that the people criticizing Punk are just "AEW fanboys" upset that he criticized AEW, who now hate him blindly or whatever.

Is this just mind-virus from listening to Cornette?

Because I really can't wrap my head around it.

Punk going off on a bunch of his co-workers was based off of assumptions. Purely an assumption that the Young Bucks were the ones leaking gossip about him. I've got a couple ideas as to who leaks Colt/Punk speculation, and it ain't the Bucks.

Punk threw the first punch and had no interest in talking about it. Nobody kicked any goddamn doors down.

Hangman's comment about worker's rights was innocuous to the point that to the audience he could have meant anything. It didn't jeopardize their match in any way, it was a line in the promo that added a little mystique to it if anything. Punk kept that one line in his brain rent-free for 3 months before blowing up about it in the ring on live TV like some kind of lunatic.

As for The Elite being backstage cancer / primadonnas... they spent the first year+ of AEW putting people over, to the point that Tony Khan had to beg those guys to start being more selfish and win more because they were losing some of their status.

I cannot wrap my head around this idea that The Elite are "children" or "primadonnas" and started all of this / should be fired. Maybe somebody can explain this viewpoint to me. Cause it seems like 50% of the time these days I'm trying to figure out why the hell people believe the shit they believe about things. I mean we just spent 2021 hearing about how self defense is now bad and a kid should go to jail for shooting a guy who was about to shoot him.

I get where Punk's coming from, feeling like "I don't need to be here, I can go back to retirement if people at my work are going to be doing this drama bullshit behind my back". That said Punk literally came out of nowhere with a bunch of wild-eyed accusations that shit on a bunch of his co-workers and the company itself, without any proof, in a completely inappropriate forum. Then got into a fight with them, but fights happen in locker rooms, that's secondary.

I'm just fully perplexed that people are defending him like any goddamn thing he did was justified by having a belief that somebody said something, a line in a promo months earlier, and one guy yelling "Colt Cabana" at him at Dynamite. Like literally that's all that happened. Guy is making $9m a year and so thin-skinned that a stiff breeze would knock him over.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
You could definitely put some blame on cornette, the guy has a hate boner for anything remotely attached to Omega which stems out to his viewer base

The funniest part of his hate boner is he unironically thinks phil could actually beat up all of these guys in a shoot fight because he's technically been in UFC fights despite having one of the most embarrassing UFC runs of all time.

Either way punk is a tool and will never be satisfied with what he's given in that business, his awful AEW run is evidence of it lmao

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Punk lost any right to call himself right when he pulled a bitch move in ranting in a press briefing about how "PEOPLE SOULD SAY IT TO MY FACE" while doing the same thing he complained about.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Noticed a fair amount of people seem to be in the camp that Punk's behavior was justified and that The Elite are a backstage cancer and it's all their fault for spreading rumors and holding people back.

I have one friend who thinks that the people criticizing Punk are just "AEW fanboys" upset that he criticized AEW, who now hate him blindly or whatever.

Is this just mind-virus from listening to Cornette?

Because I really can't wrap my head around it.

Punk going off on a bunch of his co-workers was based off of assumptions. Purely an assumption that the Young Bucks were the ones leaking gossip about him. I've got a couple ideas as to who leaks Colt/Punk speculation, and it ain't the Bucks.

Punk threw the first punch and had no interest in talking about it. Nobody kicked any goddamn doors down.

Hangman's comment about worker's rights was innocuous to the point that to the audience he could have meant anything. It didn't jeopardize their match in any way, it was a line in the promo that added a little mystique to it if anything. Punk kept that one line in his brain rent-free for 3 months before blowing up about it in the ring on live TV like some kind of lunatic.

As for The Elite being backstage cancer / primadonnas... they spent the first year+ of AEW putting people over, to the point that Tony Khan had to beg those guys to start being more selfish and win more because they were losing some of their status.

I cannot wrap my head around this idea that The Elite are "children" or "primadonnas" and started all of this / should be fired. Maybe somebody can explain this viewpoint to me. Cause it seems like 50% of the time these days I'm trying to figure out why the hell people believe the shit they believe about things. I mean we just spent 2021 hearing about how self defense is now bad and a kid should go to jail for shooting a guy who was about to shoot him.

I get where Punk's coming from, feeling like "I don't need to be here, I can go back to retirement if people at my work are going to be doing this drama bullshit behind my back". That said Punk literally came out of nowhere with a bunch of wild-eyed accusations that shit on a bunch of his co-workers and the company itself, without any proof, in a completely inappropriate forum. Then got into a fight with them, but fights happen in locker rooms, that's secondary.

I'm just fully perplexed that people are defending him like any goddamn thing he did was justified by having a belief that somebody said something, a line in a promo months earlier, and one guy yelling "Colt Cabana" at him at Dynamite. Like literally that's all that happened. Guy is making $9m a year and so thin-skinned that a stiff breeze would knock him over.
Where are you seeing this?

Not listened to Cornette in a while but I'll listen to him say that because listening to him roast The Elite is hilarious, not because I fully agree with it.

CM Punk has utterly destroyed his legacy and I'm not seeing many people acting otherwise.

it was always "what could have been" and "if only WWE used him properly"... well now we know what could have been if a company used him properly. He still wasn't happy and was still causing drama.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Both he and K abruptly stopped drinking. T had a seizure which triggered a heart attack. They got him back briefly but lost him enroute to the hospital.

*People who habitually abuse alcohol can experience alcohol-related seizures approximately six to 48 hours after their last drink.
yeah, alcohol withdrawal is extremely deadly and should absolutely be taken seriously. people always talk about how opiate withdrawal is the worst but legitimately people don't die from that. you WANT to die, but it's pretty similar symptoms to food poisoning and exhaustion. just keeping yourself well hydrated can significantly reduce your misery. but alcohol withdrawal? it's regular practice for rehab facilities to not even take alcoholics off the street, they have to come from the hospital because they just don't have the facilities to properly monitor someone who abruptly quits heavily drinking.

• 1Truth!

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
yeah, alcohol withdrawal is extremely deadly and should absolutely be taken seriously. people always talk about how opiate withdrawal is the worst but legitimately people don't die from that. you WANT to die, but it's pretty similar symptoms to food poisoning and exhaustion. just keeping yourself well hydrated can significantly reduce your misery. but alcohol withdrawal? it's regular practice for rehab facilities to not even take alcoholics off the street, they have to come from the hospital because they just don't have the facilities to properly monitor someone who abruptly quits heavily drinking.
A little over 10 years back I had a guy seize in my arms until the wahmbulance showed up cause he went cold turkey then had a beer after 2 days. He was in hospital for nearly a month. Clean and sober with friends and family helping him come back. Two days after release he was all fucked up seizing again after downing a 40 of vodka to the face. Last I heard the guy was a veggie. Sad, was a good dude when he was sober.
Never fuck around with the booze like that.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1666852818866.png

Larry: "Alright Phil, if we're gonna get people back on our side, you gotta hit me."

Punk: "What?"

1666852877941.png

"Hit me! And make it look good! DO IT!!"

1666853154341.png

"No! I'm not gonna do it Larry! I love you!"

1666852938435.png

"Right in the front teeth! Do it! DO IT!"

1666852954044.png

"NO! I WON'T DO IT LARRY! I WON'T!"

1666853016274.png

"DO IT, PUSSY! DO YOU WANT TO RUN A FUCKING BUSINESS OR NOT??"

• 1Wow!

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 439997
Larry: "Alright Phil, if we're gonna get people back on our side, you gotta hit me."

Punk: "What?"

View attachment 439998
"Hit me! And make it look good! DO IT!!"

View attachment 440004
"No! I'm not gonna do it Larry! I love you!"

View attachment 440000
"Right in the front teeth! Do it! DO IT!"

View attachment 440001
"NO! I WON'T DO IT LARRY! I WON'T!"

View attachment 440003
"DO IT, PUSSY! DO YOU WANT TO RUN A FUCKING BUSINESS OR NOT??"
Haha THAT'S his dog? Pathetic.