Tranny Chaser
Why is this guy out of proportion?

1712681755656.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The whole, "let's use 47 finishers" thing is really fucking dumb. They're called a "finisher" for a reason. I'm fine with a kick out or two if they sell it right, but Drew with like 14 claymores, Roman with 32 super man punches. Dumb.

Yeah, and if AEW did that they'd get completely dumped on. They already get flack for people kicking out of big moves but never do anything to the extent of what was going on in those two title matches.

In other news, I bet Samantha Irvin's nether-regions taste like mint chocolate chip ice cream.

BunkyChutt

Poet Warrior
Samantha Irvin has received heaps of praise from the goat Michael Buffer for her wrestlemania 40 work. The Fink would be proud af.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
The whole, "let's use 47 finishers" thing is really fucking dumb. They're called a "finisher" for a reason. I'm fine with a kick out or two if they sell it right, but Drew with like 14 claymores, Roman with 32 super man punches. Dumb.
When only finishers end matches, this is the only way to actually have false finishes. I'd actually rather have 47 finishers than 46 random moves and 1 finisher, because I know the 46 random moves can't end the match.

I'm actually really sick of wrestlers using a normal move sequence, doing a pin, then being surprised it didn't work. That sequence has never worked for anyone ever, what the fuck are you doing? Remember A LOT of that in AEW.

Wrestlers need some move-pin combos which end lower stakes matches and occasionally more important matches, then they can use the finishers less often and have them be more special when they need to be used or spammed.

Cross Rhodes looks like shit.

Samantha Irvin has received heaps of praise from the goat Michael Buffer for her wrestlemania 40 work. The Fink would be proud af.
She was amazing announcing the wrestlers, but when her voice broke announcing Cody as winner it was just another level. Really sold that what just happened was genuine.

BunkyChutt

Poet Warrior
The jungle boy beats the ever loving shit of Philip Jack Brooks footage is airing tonight on tbs?

I don’t watch aew much

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
TK is an idiot for airing this. It was as Punk says. AEW isn't going to last more than a couple of years at this rate. I'm not sure what they were thinking. You could tell Tony Schiavone wanted nothing to do with the segment. TK is a boy in a man's business.

Edit: new tweet since the other one got DMCA'd by AEW/WB. This one has Punk's play by play.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
TK is an idiot for airing this. It was as Punk says. AEW isn't going to last more than a couple of years at this rate. I'm not sure what they were thinking. You could tell Tony Schiavone wanted nothing to do with the segment. TK is a boy in a man's business.

Feel like I've already gotten enough out of Drew/Punk even to this point to be thankful for Perry

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah it's not anything in combat sports that's unexpected and when you regularly present backstage attacks as real it just doesn't work as a talking point.

They should have leaked it at the time, it's pointless to leak it now.

Moxley said it best, fragile mind, fragile spirit, fragile body. Go with that angle and the fact that CM Punk quit. Makes him look like AEW is too hard for him.

Firing him for cause is just a financial detail to not have to pay him, you can't say that you fired a wrestler for being too dangerous lol.

If they were going to do this, it should have been Jungle Boy saying "Look at this bitch, I got him to quit over nothing" then have him antagonise The Young Bucks the same way so you have a match to sell.

As it is... what FTR are slightly annoyed by this? Oh no.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
All i got out of that video is TK is retarded, CM Punk is still a bitch (guy waits for jungle soy to adjust his hair lmaooo) and that AEW still has room to be cringier than i already thought it could be 80% of the time. Like what the fuck even was that ospreay promo lmao

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Like what the fuck even was that ospreay promo lmao
You can say that about HHH the wrestler who is still around when Austin is gone, Rock is gone and Undertaker is part time, yet he thinks he was in their league and is taking up disproportionate screen time. The one Punk feuded with.

You can't say that about the HHH the trainer, talent scout and booker. He more than earned his spot with NXT, nevermind what he's done with the shackles of Vince McMahon gone.

I'm worried about his health holding up given the heart scare that was reported, I hope it was just corporate power struggle when Vince came back the first time.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Edit: new tweet since the other one got DMCA'd by AEW/WB. This one has Punk's play by play.

Tony Schiavone didn't see the footage beforehand and his look was the "oh boy" look he's had many times when something serious is goin' down.

I can understand any number of viewpoints on this situation, but at the end of the day CM Punk went into one of the most stable and friendly locker rooms in wrestling history and proceeded to fuck up the entire vibe. Nobody else has had that issue. Guy needs anger management, the ferocity of the shove he gave Jack Perry reminded me of that time he unloaded on a fan who he thought had pushed him.

I maintain that for all his talk about breaking up the wrestling monopoly, CM Punk did more to kill the punk-rock alternative than any other living person has. Went over the entire company, won the world title, never lost it, proceeded to fracture the fanbase against each other, and left the company in much worse shape than he found it.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Tony Schiavone didn't see the footage beforehand and his look was the "oh boy" look he's had many times when something serious is goin' down.

I can understand any number of viewpoints on this situation, but at the end of the day CM Punk went into one of the most stable and friendly locker rooms in wrestling history and proceeded to fuck up the entire vibe. Nobody else has had that issue. Guy needs anger management, the ferocity of the shove he gave Jack Perry reminded me of that time he unloaded on a fan who he thought had pushed him.

I maintain that for all his talk about breaking up the wrestling monopoly, CM Punk did more to kill the punk-rock alternative than any other living person has. Went over the entire company, won the world title, never lost it, proceeded to fracture the fanbase against each other, and left the company in much worse shape than he found it.
Guy has a massive chip on his shoulder and it's only getting heavier with time.

I think a few things have totally broken his ego (not main eventing wrestlemania that year, being humiliated in MMA, constant injuries) and it's going to be hard to come back from them.

WWE could make money getting him the main event to "finish his story" but will his body and mind hold together?

BunkyChutt

Poet Warrior
Punk did have 5 star matches with Joe, and Cena he was once great. He’s just way past his physical prime, never taken a steroid, and I’m assuming he still tosses doctors prescriptions for painkillers. It was too bad he left wrestling All together before wm29. He could’ve been in the ring entertaining us those extra years.

Needless

Toe Sucker
WWE could make money getting him the main event to "finish his story" but will his body and mind hold together?
No shot. this guy has injured himself almost every time he attempts to wrestle since he returned

it’s bewildering he still gets hired for anything in ring and not just for being on a mic lol

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
No shot. this guy has injured himself almost every time he attempts to wrestle since he returned

it’s bewildering he still gets hired for anything in ring and not just for being on a mic lol

There's also that. Gets injured every time he wrestles, cast a huge shadow over the largest paid attendance crowd in history (or at least a top 3, depending on who you ask), the list goes on and on of what a bust he was.

Put yourself in TK's shoes on this one, you start a company with the same kind of revolutionary vision espoused by Punk, you do everything you can to make the company appealing to Punk himself, as your #1 most-wanted acquisition, you finally get him, he proceeds to drop trou and take a giant steaming dump on what you're doing. The guy you wanted as your top guy and crowning acquisition is now the biggest thing that brought your company down into the mud.

Well, he'll be fine in WWE, he's around other people who "made it" and "earned his respect" unlike all the up and coming noobs in AEW who have never wrestled at MSG or whatever the fuck.

Punk did have 5 star matches with Joe, and Cena he was once great. He’s just way past his physical prime, never taken a steroid, and I’m assuming he still tosses doctors prescriptions for painkillers. It was too bad he left wrestling All together before wm29. He could’ve been in the ring entertaining us those extra years.

Lord knows some painkillers would probably do him a world of good, get him to settle the fuck down.

Chris

Potato del Grande
5 Star Match means nothing though, it just means that Dave's favourite wrestler did their shit.

He's giving 5.75 to random no build matches like Osprey vs Takeshita and 4.75 to Cody vs Roman that had a year build and the hottest build of any match for a long time.

He way over values flippy shit, counters and Japan.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
5 Star Match means nothing though, it just means that Dave's favourite wrestler did their shit.

He's giving 5.75 to random no build matches like Osprey vs Takeshita and 4.75 to Cody vs Roman that had a year build and the hottest build of any match for a long time.

He way over values flippy shit, counters and Japan.

I took a couple non-fans to watch Ospreay vs Takeshita and they were all wowed by it and it made them interested in the overall product. Match had crossover appeal, for sure.

Cody vs Roman has an incredible build, but if you're rating on match quality, 4.75 might even be generous. It all depends on what someone's personal criteria is. By Dave's criteria, Hogan vs Sting with a yearlong build was like a ** match at best. Hogan vs Andre is probably one star. He rates on workrate and match quality, while people like you and I might rate things on story, build, and intangible "it" factor before we even consider how much action there actually was in the match. By my standards Cody vs Roman is five stars and something like Hogan vs Sting is 3 and a half, losing a lot from the bungled ending.

Anyway people put way too much stock and thought into Dave's opinions, he's just an opinion commentator at this point who guesses at what's going to happen next the same way the rest of us do. Sean Ross Sapp is the only real newsman in the business right now who reliably gets concrete information.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Daves a moron. He will tell you a random Ishii vs Jay White match in like the A block of the tournament is a Bette match than Rock vs Hogan

fuck that “he destabilized the most welcoming locker on BS”. From the moment he walked in he had his enemies. “We don’t want you here” and all the leaks. He wasn’t welcomed he was treated like a intruder by the markiest self fat smelling Indy locker room in history who saw him as a problem because he comes in and becomes the biggest star in their mudshow and he thinks you should tell stories instead of just booking short notice random “dream matches” between one of their stars who have no active creative and a random Japanese “legend” most of the audience has never seen. Tony is a mark who books what he wants not good product. And his “dream match” charm has won off after he burned through of them all. Dude had a chance to hit the WWE when they were down and he missed. And now WWE is gonna step on his neck. Come at the king you best not miss.

also doesn’t help Tony let’s all talent have a say in creative. Thats proven not to work. Thats why Meecedes Mone was treated as a major signing then showed up, gave a wet fart of a debut and promo, and now is in a program about something that happened overseas in a diffeent company that agin, most fans never saw. And it’s with a c tier talent.

• 2Solidarity