Sports Entertainment

BunkyChutt

Poet Warrior
I hope Gunther goes for something bigger now, would love to see him creep into the Heavyweight Championship scene.
Same. Maybe he will feud with Cody next assuming Cody wins tonight . It was a brilliant IC title run, the best one for sure.
Also Roman is currently battling lukemia again Michael Cole said? If so I think it’s safe to assume that Cody beats him tonight.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Basically trying to make a big point of why he confronted him because "you can't break a rental car's window, it'll hurt the boys ability to rent cars in the future". Like some big common sense sounding argument to support his side of it being the only adult in the room.

Oh he made a big deal about the car being a rental?

lol

Well anyway they're going to play the backstage fight footage from All In on Dynamite this week so people can see for themselves what happened. Probably the best way to respond to Punk's interview, just show the footage.

Bucks are going to talk about Punk as well, but it's gonna be the overall situation, not sure they're allowed to talk about Brawl Out specifically but I might be wrong.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yet supposedly the first one was the catalyst for Perry to take the shot at Punk which was what started the second one. I wouldn't say that's without any problems, clearly Perry wasn't just cool with how everything went down originally.

Perry had a general underlying problem with Punk, this didn't come out of nowhere. He didn't like Punk, thought he was an asshole, and everything just kind of came to a head at All In. A bunch of people had issues with Punk that had been building for a while. If it wasn't this, it would have been something else.

I don't see any circumstance where Punk could have stuck around. He's too divisive, and in the AEW environment he basically tried to "big time" everyone. As in, he was above all of them and there to save them, etc. As opposed to WWE where he keeps his head down and actually tries to get along because he's around other people who have "made it" in his mind.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Rhea Ripley looked fantastic, what the fuck. Usually they make the women look terrible with ugly one off costumes and over the top extra makeup (see Becky Lynch). Rhea looked like a star and overshadowed Becky effortlessly.

Glad they did the R-Truth hot tag spot people predicted, but a shame they didn't have him and Priest take the titles simultaneously to force them into a team. Tag match was pretty good but surprised Theory took one set early one without much fuss, it did get some heat though. The English team that opened with a promo are cringe and I never want to see them again, the other English team was fine and Pete Dunne is looking less gay and fat than usual.

The whole lead up to Sami's entrance was fantastic and had a good ending with him doing one super powerful looking move to steal the win.

Loved the final match, did not expect so many false finishes, Rock did a great job.

Other matches were meh.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Gunther will draft over to smackdown and be Cody’s first opponent - while reigns takes a vacation till summer slam and maybe works with the rock.

punk and McIntyre will feud for a bit while priest gets a quick run then punk will take the title

priest first defenses wil be main event jey

let’s see how close I am

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This is where you reveal that the match went over time so Roman retains.

As Dusty would have wanted.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man that main event was one wild ride that I loved every moment of.

Baylee v Sky one one of the best matches of the night, those ladies did a phenomenal job.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Friends and I had a prediction going that a number of huge stars of yesteryear would show up in the main event one after another to counteract members of the Bloodline. Jey Uso, Cena, Austin, Undertaker. Well, we got Austin wrong but we got the rest. Only question is why didn't the Bloodline all attack at once? Well, one at a time to get fought off by the various surprises worked out pretty well. Was just crazy to see it actually play out after the group predicted it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Honestly, all of Mania was easily predictable. I didn’t think Gunther would drop until the Rocky reference backstage between Sami and Gable, and saw it coming then,

even with all that, this Mania was fantastic. They really punched home the whole “new era” thing, which I’m sure was more lawsuit related than anything, but from all accounts, the place is better backstage than it’s ever been. It was good to see Steph makes some appearances as well.

BunkyChutt

Poet Warrior
Happy for Sami and excited for Gunther to become a headliner after the draft.

I “marked out” hard when Damien priest cashed In his mitb. That for me wasn’t predictable, especially with the emotion on Rollins face when drew celebrated I thought drew would have the belt for awhile when I saw that and then Judgement Day.

Seth had a good match and his selling of the bad knee injury was masterfully executed.

Iyo sky vs. bayley was great her entrance was neart although it looked like the men carrying her had a hard time putting her down because her ass is so fat (in a good way the best damn way actually) . It was the best women’s match on the card .

main event I loved the outcome. The match had some awesome moments but some disappointing ones because I Brock Lesnar wasn’t part of the inference on Cody’s behalf. That actually could have gotten a larger pop than The Deadman himself.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I still think iyo carried bayley quite a bit but her finish looked really good

Expecting cody to be saved by cena and co was pretty predictable (i expected austin as many others did but w/e), but there was no way that many people expected them to bring back a 10 year old story to make roman fumble his record legacy by being emotional over seth's shield betrayal.

I'm curious how the story telling will go now that this is truly the end of the Vince era.

BunkyChutt

Poet Warrior
6646ECAE-0C30-440C-BA89-37DF97594B93.gif

bayleys ass

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The whole, "let's use 47 finishers" thing is really fucking dumb. They're called a "finisher" for a reason. I'm fine with a kick out or two if they sell it right, but Drew with like 14 claymores, Roman with 32 super man punches. Dumb.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users