Sports Entertainment

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Guys. I know I started this thread. But I need a break from WWE. Think it's time to cancel the sub and start a NJPW sub.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
B41KtlI.gif

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Nicholas better be some make a wish kid and whatever plans they had fell through last second. Because of they booked that from the get go fuck it. Just saw the MCU post credit scene with sad Roman walking off. No one gave him the sympathy clap and just kept booing. Jesus should have turned him heel 2 years ago. Anyways good to know I am over this shit. Enjoy your evening or what's left of it and off to better entertainment come morning.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Nicholas is the son of one of the refs who goes by the name of John Cone.

And I don't get why you're upset over the card, it was a great card and overall a great show. Lots of great story telling and for the first time in a long time we didn't have a Mania end in boos that has Roman in the main event.

AJ/Nakamura's feud is just lighting up, the heel turn will be great I think and will lead to him getting the title eventually. Braun winning the tag titles was great, it'll be interesting to see where they go with it, if he just picks new partners at every defense. Honestly it's a great gimmick for him to have as an excuse to keep him out of the main event picture for now since that's all up in the air. Even though Vince hates Tournys, I think that's what we will end up getting once Lesnar leaves for UFC (assuming he does, no contract has been inked yet). We may end up seeing him work a short program with Lashley in all honesty.

Nia winning was great, Charlotte snapping Asukas streak was great. That streak was killing her character and it will step up that feud a lot more as Charlotte being the only person to defeat her it'll add a lot of great story telling to their matches.

US Title I'm glad is off Orton and frankly, I like Jinder. I would have rather seen Rusev go over but I'm not upset over Jinder winning it.

Bludgeon Brothers winning was obvious.

Miz is clearly taking time off for his kid, other than the Royal Rumble event coming up in Saudi Arabia so Rollins or Finn winning was was probable, I'm good with either.

Owens and Sami getting the loss was clearly going to happen, it gets them over to Raw which is where Owens should be anyway.

Taker totally squashing Cena was weird, but I'm glad it was short regardless as we didn't need to see another travesty that was Undertakers last match. The dude needs to stay retired, which is hard to say because it's the Undertaker.

Rousey, I must say did an impressive job. Other then a botch arm bar she let go of a bit early she did a great job I think. I'm actually almost looking forward to seeing what she can do going forward.

All in all I thought it was a pretty great card full of a lot of surprises. Vince went full troll mode with the Brock/Roman booking, making Roman look like superman only to have the final swerve has us all go "uh, wtf?" That shits great imo, keeps the smarks on their toes and gets them all pissy because they think they know everything. I love that shit.

I'd give the show a solid B...maybe a B+ if I didn't want to constantly compare it to Take Over from the night before which was insane. I was happy with the whole weekend of wrestling really.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
lesnar retaining is just... it's irritating. i don't really WANT roman as champion, but i just want lesnar gone. roman as a character is pretty insufferable, but he's a pretty solid wrestler. lesnar's athleticism is undeniable but his character AND his wrestling is just... stale. it's boring. that match was inane. there's a reason why everyone in the crowd was playing with beach balls.

listen, i don't like the idea of the beach balls, it's super passive aggressive and is disrespectful to everyone in the show, not just the people in the ring. that being said, i completely understand why the crowd was more into the beach balls than the match. i'm also not into brock just hard way cutting everyone. i have NO problem with someone getting cut or bruised by a bump or something, it gives the impression they are giving it their all. i remember when stephen amell had rope burns and bruises all over his back when he tag-teamed with neville, it was awesome. it was like, wow that dude is legit wrestling his butt off.

but when lesnar just, legitimately elbows someone in the head specifically TO make them bleed... i mean, i don't like it when people use razors either. blood for the sake of blood is juvenile.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

i'm not even really a fan of paige but good lord it just feels cruel having her do what she's doing. i mean, i get that she's TRYING to be supportive of absolution and wwe doesn't want to just abandon her. but good god. she's clearly in a terrible place emotionally and putting her front and center of the "look but don't touch" crowd is absolutely the wrong place for her.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
WWE is going SJW.

Finn coming out in rainbow gear with the LGBT crowd, pushing "BALOR CLUB IS ALL ABOUT INCLUSION!!!!" - Stupid and forced.

Pushing the Nia angle of "Beautiful at any size" and making her, the Biggest and Strongest Female on the roster a victim of "bullying" by a 5 foot mean girl is just so BLAH.

mark my words, there will be a Tranny character on the roster soon.

And the Paige movie looks AWFUL.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I just had an umbilical hernia repair surgery a few weeks ago. Watching Shane try to pretend that he's fighting just after hernia repair is hilarious to me, more than any of his previous "fights" have been. lmao.

Also, Rousey is hard to watch, not because of her in-ring skill (which is dubious, but that's fine, she's new) but because every time the camera is on her and she isn't fighting, she has this giddy schoolgirl look on her face. It's impossible to take her seriously even for a second.

Paige looks horrible. Oh my god, horrible.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
I enjoyed it but how can anyone take WWE seriously when they have a small child in the tag team championship match?

Seamus is a former WWE Champion right, what happened to him in storyline to end up being a chump?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I enjoyed it but how can anyone take WWE seriously when they have a small child in the tag team championship match?

Seamus is a former WWE Champion right, what happened to him in storyline to end up being a chump?

It could be worse.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

we've been watching braun run roughshod through the entire division. this time last year he (in kayfabe) survived being crushed in a garbage truck. it's not a large leap of his character to win the tag belts by himself. besides, it's about time we got a babyface monster. monsters are always heels, and when they turn face they get weaker. braun did it backwards and i'm cool with that.