Golden Knight of the Realm
Underwhelming reveal

Honestly though, anything short of Cm punk woulda been

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh so I was right? rofl

Yeah it was telegraphed kinda hard when A: WWE didn't use him for anything after the Rumble appearance and B: the gossip rags all quickly reversed themselves on the initial claim that it couldn't be him because of a contract.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The final explosion had to be a botch. That was some epic levels of wrestlecrap right there. It's up there with The Shockmaster.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's going to be all downhill from here for AEW. They love to overpromise and not deliver.

• 1Pathetic

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
still more enjoyable then WWE product, Which isnt saying a whole lot

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The final explosion had to be a botch. That was some epic levels of wrestlecrap right there. It's up there with The Shockmaster.

ROFL this actually could've worked if they sold it right - an experienced dude would have. The fact that they tried to play it legit is what turned it into, "wtf?".

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
All they had to do was have WAY more smoke so you cant see the shitty Pyro and pop a few more pyro and it would have been....ok....

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
ROFL this actually could've worked if they sold it right - an experienced dude would have. The fact that they tried to play it legit is what turned it into, "wtf?".

Yeah, once the doctor got in there and tapped Kingston, he should have looked up and gone "wait, what?" and played it off like "that's it?" which would have left some fans feeling underwhelmed but at least it would have made sense.

Moxley being out of it makes sense because he just had a brutal match. Kingston however was knocked out by literally nothing and it completely broke the illusion.

Too bad because the rest of the show up to that point was really good. I realized during the Face of the Revolution Ladder Match that if this match card had a stadium crowd behind it, it could easily have been a Wrestlemania. Very 2000's Wrestlemania-like variety of matches. I even liked the main event a lot more than I expected.

Speaking of stadium crowds, I always wondered why the WMs in 1999 and 2000 were in regular arenas despite the company being at the apex of its popularity. The only thing I can think of is that the arenas were booked a couple years in advance. Which would also explain why WWF was running so many smaller arenas for RAW in mid-1998 even after ratings went to the moon.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Wow, so this is what it's supposed to look like. 50:20 if the timestamp doesn't work. Imagine if Revolution had ended with this, people would be calling it one of the best PPVs in years. It isn't much different from what we got from a safety standpoint, just much more visually impressive.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
You nailed it on the Booking ahead. They really began to get huge around WM14 which was HBK vs Austin with Tyson, that began the boom. 14 15 16 Were all in major arenas in major cities with around 20K. Those opened them up to start booking bigger Venues which they did for 17 18 19 which were all 50-60K attendance. 20 was at MSG for nostalgia. They did Chicago and LA as smaller destinations next not sure why, then its been all giant venues since until Covid. By then they had the clout to run 80K fan shows and make it a major mini super bowl week event to cities.

Dont forget the debacle with the WM with Slaughter during Iraq. Was suppose to be at a huge stadium and was moved to a small arena due to "Sniper threats" to slaughter, those it was truly more about lack of ticket sales. It does seem crazy to me they could never do the big arena during the peak. But also Vince was almost broke in 1995 and probably took them until they went public and made billions to be able to float the costs for stadium shows

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I love how Onita used to do those deathmatches in a singlet. Then he retires, comes back as a 50s American Greaser gang member and has the best entrances at the Tokyo dome.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So apparently Shayna Baszler kicked Asuka in the face a couple weeks ago, knocking out a tooth and concussing her badly enough that there's talk she won't be cleared in time for Wrestlemania.

Wrestlemania is far enough away that they could easily be trying to work it to make Asuka's injury seem worse than it is, but even if that's true it's not a great look to draw even more attention to how low the bar for female wrestlers still is and how full of botches their matches tend to be.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
8828839B-2CBC-4BCE-BECD-3BCCBBFBA586.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Home Run
Reactions: 2 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I'd never been to a sports entertainment/wrestling match live before. Went to one a few weeks ago in the local league for my small city.
Was only a tiny crowd, less than 100 but they were rowdy. More than half children. It was a great show.. there were two young girls, must have been about 9 and 12 sitting by themselves, and they were fully into it. Trash talking, sledging all of the participants, it was freaking hilarious. They must be daughters of one of the participants. One of the main stars is a heel, and when he came out for his match his two sons were giving him so much shit, and he was serving them in reply. Was a great night.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'd never been to a sports entertainment/wrestling match live before. Went to one a few weeks ago in the local league for my small city.
Was only a tiny crowd, less than 100 but they were rowdy. More than half children. It was a great show.. there were two young girls, must have been about 9 and 12 sitting by themselves, and they were fully into it. Trash talking, sledging all of the participants, it was freaking hilarious. They must be daughters of one of the participants. One of the main stars is a heel, and when he came out for his match his two sons were giving him so much shit, and he was serving them in reply. Was a great night.
local wrestling is so much fun. Wrestlers will give you shit back if you talk shit to them. The small atmosphere is just too cool. I always shoot the shit with them after the event is over and make sure to shake their hands. I think they like the back and forth as long as it's in good fun.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
My only memory of a life WWF event was a local mid week touring show, where Hogan fought Machoman. Macho slammed hogans head on the announcers tabled right next to the mic. i thought he killed him.