Sports Entertainment

Hosix

All labs matter!
AEW needs to grab him. They lack the “athletic fat guy”. Plus his mic skills are extremely good.

I wonder if he has a no compete clause attached even though they gave him the boot.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
AEW needs to grab him. They lack the “athletic fat guy”. Plus his mic skills are extremely good.

I wonder if he has a no compete clause attached even though they gave him the boot.
3 days ago. He cut hard.
xa1goupl20e71.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean he endured them fucking up every single run of his and ruining every single awful gimmick they saddled him with only to have them turn around and dump him?

Good grief.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't care about Braun Strowman really but Bray Wyatt I would like to see in AEW with gimmick #3.

The problem is that high profile signings like that need weekly TV to justify the cost.

Moxley (before paternity leave) always had a storyline, Jerico always has a storyline, Cody always has a storyline, The Elite always have a storyline.

Everyone else fades in and out being fuel for those guys.

Then you have more "home grown" people like MJF, Best Friends, Death Triangle, Team Taz and Darby Allin always being on the shows too.

So the roster is pretty much full and we are adding in Malakai Black, Andrade, Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. They could barely fit in Miro and Lance Archer is having to wrestle in NJPW again. Everytime I spell check this post I have to add in more major talents, what about Matt Hardy and Christian?

How do we integrate Bray Wyatt, who does spooky pervert gimmicks which AEW has failed at three times?

What if WWE continues to demoralise their wrestlers and more big names want to jump ship? Apparently Adam Cole's contract is up and there is no place for him at all.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't care about Braun Strowman really but Bray Wyatt I would like to see in AEW with gimmick #3.

The problem is that high profile signings like that need weekly TV to justify the cost.

Moxley (before paternity leave) always had a storyline, Jerico always has a storyline, Cody always has a storyline, The Elite always have a storyline.

Everyone else fades in and out being fuel for those guys.

Then you have more "home grown" people like MJF, Best Friends, Death Triangle, Team Taz and Darby Allin always being on the shows too.

So the roster is pretty much full and we are adding in Malakai Black, Andrade, Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. They could barely fit in Miro and Lance Archer is having to wrestle in NJPW again. Everytime I spell check this post I have to add in more major talents, what about Matt Hardy and Christian?

How do we integrate Bray Wyatt, who does spooky pervert gimmicks which AEW has failed at three times?

What if WWE continues to demoralise their wrestlers and more big names want to jump ship? Apparently Adam Cole's contract is up and there is no place for him at all.
You'd have to add a second day of programming. Similar to WCW when they added Thursday Night Thunder after their popularity exploded and people jumped ship from WWF.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
You'd have to add a second day of programming. Similar to WCW when they added Thursday Night Thunder after their popularity exploded and people jumped ship from WWF.
Well they are! The third hour starts this month and CM Punk is going to debut on the second show.

Hopefully that's enough. I know there's Dark and Elevation but I can't be bothered watching all those YouTube shows. WWE was taking over my life watching 5 hours between Raw and Smackdown.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Isn't the second show two hours too, or is it only one hour?

Edit: I google'd it and it's only one hour. Regardless, they'll be able to give some storylines a week off if they want too. AEW has been about stretching storylines out, so I expect them to be creative about that with talent they are acquiring.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

This is great. AEW making wrestling intros great again

This was my favorite wrestling intro in a long time. Considering this was the opening of the first show after the Punk/Bryan leaks, it felt like the Elite were doing a victory lap and metaphorically dunking on WWE.

WWE released Bray Wyatt.

What the fuck!?!?

Yeah, that's going to really bite them in the ass. It's like they aren't even trying to maintain their position as #1 anymore. A couple years ago they refused to release ANYONE because they might go to AEW, now it's like WWE has just given up.

AEW now has four huge debuts in the near future: Punk, Bryan, Adam Cole, and (if he wants to) Bray Wyatt.

I mean he endured them fucking up every single run of his and ruining every single awful gimmick they saddled him with only to have them turn around and dump him?

Good grief.

Yeah, what the fuck. I've got zero sympy for WWE after how they held Brodie hostage for most of what turned out to be the last couple years of his life, and after this Bray thing, I hope AEW buries their ass. And I was a huge WWE fan from like 2001 to 2015, still kept tuning in for Wrestlemanias right up to 2019.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cool entrance, but 99% of the entrance music in AEW is so forgettable.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users