Sports Entertainment

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
how can he sell the company but remain in charge, especially with his baggage. That makes no sense to potential buyers, unless it's some kind of consultancy/transition period deal

Vince doesn't think any of it is a big deal.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Vince doesn't think any of it is a big deal.

that's not the point. The point was how can anyone sell a company and expect to remain in charge. The new owners will have their own ideas, vision for the company etc. It's like Elon buying Twitter but leaving Parag as CEO.

Admittedly that scenario doesn't quite work because Parag wasn't an owner. But it's like Disney buying Lucasfilm and leaving Lucas in charge, making the sequel trilogy based on his ideas etc. You could make the case that Disney would have been better off doing that than the abortions we got, but that's still not the point - anyone paying billions for a multi billion entertainment franchise will want (creative) control unless it's some kind of consultancy arrangement. Which is what Disney should have done with Lucas. And they probably did do to an extent, they just chose to disregard his ideas

Chris

Potato del Grande
Vince is coming back! lol Even if he doesn't come back it seems like the Steph + HHH reign will be short since the company may be sold eventually either way.

I don't understand why a 80 year old millionaire is so insistent on cashing out and selling his company.

WWE is his family's legacy and Stephanie/HHH have massively improved it without him being there. Let them have it.

Typical asshole boomer behaviour, wouldn't be surprised if he is buried with the cash.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't understand why a 80 year old millionaire is so insistent on cashing out and selling his company.

WWE is his family's legacy and Stephanie/HHH have massively improved it without him being there. Let them have it.

Typical asshole boomer behaviour, wouldn't be surprised if he is buried with the cash.

Well Shane, Stephanie, HHH all have ownership stakes, so they'll cash out at exactly the same time. But it is basically a plotline of Succession. If he sells up it's basically his way of saying "I don't either Shane or Stephanie have what it takes to run the company after I'm gone, but the billions of dollars they just earned should help them sleep at night"

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Good stuff at their presser.

Drunk reply to myself.

AEW's pressers need to turn into this. I think TK wants them too, but the only time anyone has cared about them is because CM Punk turned one into a shoot. This is where TK needs to works on. He needs to figure out how to turn AEW into a "sport" style of wrestling like NJPW is. I kinda of think AEW started out that way, but with weekly TV it's very hard to do. They are very reliant on TV unlike NJPW. It makes it very hard, but it's a definite way to differentiate themselves from WWE.

That style of "booking" works for UFC/Boxing in the US and they aren't works. There is no reason why it can't work in a work style in the US. It's going to take ignoring a bunch of wrestling TV tropes to achieve it.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
How can he remain in power? Well word is the saudis want to buy and let Vince run day to day. He’s basically run crown jewel per their orders so he’s used to listening to the royal family

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
How can he remain in power? Well word is the saudis want to buy and let Vince run day to day. He’s basically run crown jewel per their orders so he’s used to listening to the royal family

Ok that makes sense. It would be another middle east regime attempt at sports washing

Chris

Potato del Grande
Drunk reply to myself.

AEW's pressers need to turn into this. I think TK wants them too, but the only time anyone has cared about them is because CM Punk turned one into a shoot. This is where TK needs to works on. He needs to figure out how to turn AEW into a "sport" style of wrestling like NJPW is. I kinda of think AEW started out that way, but with weekly TV it's very hard to do. They are very reliant on TV unlike NJPW. It makes it very hard, but it's a definite way to differentiate themselves from WWE.

That style of "booking" works for UFC/Boxing in the US and they aren't works. There is no reason why it can't work in a work style in the US. It's going to take ignoring a bunch of wrestling TV tropes to achieve it.
They need to have the press conference highlights on the show and ditch the WWE style backstage stuff.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Saw her entrance...

Being about "money" is the worst wrestling gimmick. She's a worse Jade Cargill lmao. There was also a "Mo-ney" in WWE recently.

The whole outfit was garish and I have no idea what the fuck she's supposed to be, and it's her fault because the costume designer is her husband and is responsible for Logan Paul's amazing outfit. The hair is Cody tatoo level bad but at least it's temporary.

The. Promo. Was. Terrible. Was the music bad too? Don't really remember it.

She is a very plain looking woman with no curves, so getting the look wrong is devestating to her.

Zero interest in her now.
i think she came out to some weird mix of kris kross or something odd which makes zero sense in japan lol her debut was radio silence in a crowd that could cheer too which was pretty comical

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Sounded crazy until I thought about it. I bet it checks every box Vince wanted plus lets him stay in charge because the Saudis give none fucks about whatever bitches he was paying.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So Steph and HHH have to be just done with wrestling right? Probably too prideful to go work for AEW and too close to Vince for the Khans to trust them? Not that pro wrestling is some super secretive business, but I imagine there has to be a fair amount of trust to let someone in to the upper levels of your business.

If I were running AEW I would be ringing their phone of the hook right now trying to bring them in. Make it look like Shahid is meddling with the company by installing them at the same level of seniority as Tony and have them constantly at conflict with one another. I'm sort of envisioning something akin to the WCW invasion but not ending like a fucking wet fart.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Hhh abd steph are about to be billionaires on their own when their large stock allocation is sold to become private. They will just retire and start a new business outside of wrestling. The Shane route

Why would they ever want to go to small ass AEW and why would Tony ever want them!?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Hunter had substantial "you almost died" type blockages in his heart and Stephanie has been involved in the business for her entire life. I expect Steph to do some kind of philanthropic charity route. In Hunter's book he talks a lot about the local gym that got him started bodybuilding and the community within it. If he scaled everything back to running a couple of gyms and training some dudes here and there that wouldn't be all that much of a surprise.

What I'd personally love would be if, after everything was set in stone and the deal done, for HHH to cut a heel promo on AEW about how they're small time and never meant anything. Fire up all the fans of AEW as a new WWE takes shape, that kind of thing. Once the Saudis own it it's not like anyone in the family is going to give a shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hhh abd steph are about to be billionaires on their own when their large stock allocation is sold to become private.
Didn't think about that at all, yeah I'd get the fuck out of that life for good. Maybe see if that dusty ute can still pop out another kid or two, or just relax and sip mai thais on your private island.

Juvarisx

Florida
1673540195245.png