Sports Entertainment

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
i think she came out to some weird mix of kris kross or something odd which makes zero sense in japan lol her debut was radio silence in a crowd that could cheer too which was pretty comical

Oh, that's why her NJPW music sounded so familiar... holy shit, it was an instrumental of "Jump" by Kris Kross.

I suspect her AEW music might end up being "Miss VIP" which was supposed to be Tessa Blanchard's AEW theme and got shelved when she never came in.

If I were running AEW I would be ringing their phone of the hook right now trying to bring them in. Make it look like Shahid is meddling with the company by installing them at the same level of seniority as Tony and have them constantly at conflict with one another. I'm sort of envisioning something akin to the WCW invasion but not ending like a fucking wet fart.

By this time next week, there's a chance that AEW might have acquired WWE. A small one, but so were Vince's odds a few days before the WCW sale.

Not a fan of monopolies and think 2002-2018 was the dark ages of American wrestling, but I can say for sure that an AEW-owned WWE would still function as its own entity, with most of the same people running it. It'd be the company for younger viewers and AEW would be the company for more mature viewers. So basically nothing would change from how things are now, save for 1-2 crossover events per year with dream matches akin to Forbidden Door. People expecting the Khans to shut WWE down (lol) or have some sort of massive invasion storyline are gonna be underwhelmed. But yeah, it won't be comparable to the botched WCW buyout at all and WWE will be fine. That said, the Khans need partners to raise enough capital for this (much like Musk had to do with Twitter) and chances are they'll be leapfrogged by either the Saudis or Universal before they can put the partnerships together.

I'd like to see a world where there's wrestling on 7 nights a week, four shows from each company. WWE presenting Raw, NXT, Smackdown, and the returning Sunday Night Heat. AEW presenting Dynamite, Thursday Night ROH, Rampage, and AEW Saturday Night at 6:05. AEW PPVs on Saturdays, WWE PPVs on Sundays, so the new lead-in shows match up. That could happen with or without an acquisition.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I bet the Khans would try to say fuck you pandas and rename WWE to WWF. I'm for that.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh, that's why her NJPW music sounded so familiar... holy shit, it was an instrumental of "Jump" by Kris Kross.

I suspect her AEW music might end up being "Miss VIP" which was supposed to be Tessa Blanchard's AEW theme and got shelved when she never came in.

By this time next week, there's a chance that AEW might have acquired WWE. A small one, but so were Vince's odds a few days before the WCW sale.

Not a fan of monopolies and think 2002-2018 was the dark ages of American wrestling, but I can say for sure that an AEW-owned WWE would still function as its own entity, with most of the same people running it. It'd be the company for younger viewers and AEW would be the company for more mature viewers. So basically nothing would change from how things are now, save for 1-2 crossover events per year with dream matches akin to Forbidden Door. People expecting the Khans to shut WWE down (lol) or have some sort of massive invasion storyline are gonna be underwhelmed. But yeah, it won't be comparable to the botched WCW buyout at all and WWE will be fine. That said, the Khans need partners to raise enough capital for this (much like Musk had to do with Twitter) and chances are they'll be leapfrogged by either the Saudis or Universal before they can put the partnerships together.

I'd like to see a world where there's wrestling on 7 nights a week, four shows from each company. WWE presenting Raw, NXT, Smackdown, and the returning Sunday Night Heat. AEW presenting Dynamite, Thursday Night ROH, Rampage, and AEW Saturday Night at 6:05. AEW PPVs on Saturdays, WWE PPVs on Sundays, so the new lead-in shows match up. That could happen with or without an acquisition.
Roman Reigns walks out on Dynamite wearing jeans and t-shirt, Tony asks how how it feels to be there and he says "I'm really happy to be here, I can't wait to wrestle some of the young guys in the back", then Stokely Hathaway comes out saying that Roman isn't MONEY but Jay Lethal IS.

Tune in on Rampage to see Roman Reigns vs Jay Lethal, where Roman Reigns loses because Jeff Jarret hits him with a guitar.

Welcome to every AEW debut ever.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Roman Reigns walks out on Dynamite wearing jeans and t-shirt, Tony asks how how it feels to be there and he says "I'm really happy to be here, I can't wait to wrestle some of the young guys in the back", then Stokely Hathaway comes out saying that Roman isn't MONEY but Jay Lethal IS.

Tune in on Rampage to see Roman Reigns vs Jay Lethal, where Roman Reigns loses because Jeff Jarret hits him with a guitar.

Welcome to every AEW debut ever.

You're right that there's some unwritten rule by TK that every debut needs to be in street clothes with a white t-shirt.

He really wants to be more like UFC and "authentic" and stuff, but what it does is make guys like Tanahashi and Okada look boring.

Anyway I came here to say that I think the Saudis purchasing WWE was the likely current outcome and someone at the company leaked it knowing the huge backlash it'd create in the industry, which might then in turn scupper the sale.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You're right that there's some unwritten rule by TK that every debut needs to be in street clothes with a white t-shirt.

He really wants to be more like UFC and "authentic" and stuff, but what it does is make guys like Tanahashi and Okada look boring.
Yeah, but you just can't have that be the only UFC style thing you do. Really they need to be more like video game characters, Kenny got that right but even he spent months in boring street clothes.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Holy Fuck Jay Briscoe dead in a car crash. Within the last month he was part of
The greatest tag match of the last 35 years

• 2Thoughts & Prayers

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I know as time has gone on we've made jokes about one year year or the other being godawful but 2023 needs to sit the fuck down.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Driving his daughters to cheer practice and was hit head on. Thankfully his daughters survived however one is in critical condition.
Fucking fuck. One of the best goddamn tag teams out there. Super fucking bummed.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wear your seat belts! Can't believe not wearing them is still a thing.

Shit fucking sucks!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wear your seat belts! Can't believe not wearing them is still a thing.
Aside from it being utterly ingrained into my body as part of the natural routine of getting into a car, I genuinely feel like im gonna go flying out of the seat without my belt on whether I'm a driver or a passenger.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Is this just Jim shitting on Kenny more? Cause I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over hearing that or seeing his low-IQ sycophants parrot it everywhere like it's an original thought.

Driving his daughters to cheer practice and was hit head on. Thankfully his daughters survived however one is in critical condition.
Fucking fuck. One of the best goddamn tag teams out there. Super fucking bummed.

Yeah, it was the other driver's fault. She wasn't paying attention and went into his lane.

When I'm at home I drive on a major interstate every day and there isn't one that goes by where I don't see 1-2 accidents on it. Texting and driving seems to be the biggest culprit. The fuck is wrong with people?

Speaking of "the fuck is wrong with people", Warner Bros Discovery wouldn't allow any major tributes to Jay on Dynamite so everyone had to settle for only wearing Briscoe/Jay armbands.

So fuck them. I'm already irate this morning.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I get it. WBD pushed back against Briscoes signing because of his old tweets. And if they wouldn’t let him on TV why would they allow a whole show called the celebration of Life of a guy who never was on their network for even a second and would lead to annoying PR shit from the alphabets

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is this just Jim shitting on Kenny more? Cause I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over hearing that or seeing his low-IQ sycophants parrot it everywhere like it's an original thought.
In an earlier video, Jim praised Kenny's Wrestle Kingdom entrance and the Wrestle Kingdom presentation. He then commented that Kenny seemed to want to be a video game character and wrestling was the only way to achieve it.

In this video he is informed that he was correct and Kenny was literally cosplaying the entire time. He didn't even know that One Winged Angel wasn't even an original Kenny name and he correctly pronouned Sephrioth first time.