Sports Entertainment

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I like it but It needs a better setup than having her opponent just casually walking to the corner after being distracted like that.

Thankfully some good news about Jay's daughters.

Gracie Pugh, 12, regained feeling in her lower extremities on Friday while undergoing occupational therapy. She had no feeling below the thighs on Thursday, but her situation improved enough that she was able to make small movements with her legs and was able to get into a wheelchair multiple times.

Jayleigh “JJ” Pugh, 9, was fitted for a back brace and was able to spend an hour in a wheelchair on Friday. She is still on a feeding tube, but the hope is that it will be removed on Saturday so that she can eat solid food again.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Any guesses for tonight?

I'm betting Sami isn't going to be on the rumble and that poor #30 is going to get booed to hell and back.
The boring guess is Cody to win, which I think would get boos.
A wild guess is the Rock who suddenly was so adamant about not having the time to be on WM this year and new merch which allegedly was all about Raw 30 even though he wasn't in it.

And who the hell knows what this pitch black match is going to be...

Chris

Potato del Grande
Any guesses for tonight?

I'm betting Sami isn't going to be on the rumble and that poor #30 is going to get booed to hell and back.
A wild guess is the Rock who suddenly was so adamant about not having the time to be on WM this year and new merch which allegedly was all about Raw 30 even though he wasn't in it.

Cody because that's an easy way to get a story for him onto Wrestlemania.

If they want Sami there, they have a long, popular, well developed story on the go for that already.

Both of them can headline different nights for different titles, with Cody winning and Sami losing.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Cody because that's an easy way to get a story for him onto Wrestlemania.

If they want Sami there, they have a long, popular, well developed story on the go for that already.

Both of them can headline different nights for different titles, with Cody winning and Sami losing.

Precisely. And that’s how you split the titles while maintaining Reigns as the top dog.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Oh god that ricochet and logan paul stunt was actually cool

He’s such a cunt but the only guy who I ever seen walk into wrestling and just fucking deliver at this level was Kurt Angle. And he had way more training. Paul is a fucking natural.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Any other year you might have had a fan revolt like when Batista won over Bryan. The fans love Sami. The way they booed tonight completely negated that while allowing Sami to still have a major Wrestlemania moment. I’m impressed. We get to see them make Cody the next top guy, Sami will finish out an all time angle, reigns will remain the number one guy

Gunther got a huge rub tonight as well. 75 minutes in the match and 1 to final two. Shows he’s gonna be a top heel next year, probably feud with Cody I’ve rwhichever title he wins.

I don’t know where Gunther goes for Mania, seems we continue to build Lashley and Lesnar.

Rollins Vs Paul is a definite after this match and that will be a legit banger.

I just hate that Drew’s coronation and reign at the top was ruined by Covid and he’s never gotten back.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Any guesses for tonight?

Sami wasn't in the Rumble and they sent Cody out at #30. Either they're tone-deaf or they were setting him up to get booed. Either way he didn't get booed, somehow. The crowd got very antsy around #25 and turned into full-on boos when they got to #29 and it was Logan Paul (since everyone knew the last would be Cody at that point).

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
It was smart to start out with the mens royal rumble, if it was after the Reigns vs KO Match there was a greater risk of people chanting for Sami.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
One of the WCW GOATS.

I owned a Monday Night Jericho shirt.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just recently rewatched Great American Bash 1998. What a great show. That might well be WCW at its height (June through October 98) and the one time when the two companies were pretty much on equal footing / overness with fans.

GAB 98 is pretty much everything people liked about WCW in retrospect, rolled up into one show:

-Booker vs Benoit Match 7
-Jericho vs Malenko (sequel to the Slamboree reveal)
-Saturn vs Kanyon (with Raven heavily involved)
-Eddie vs Chavo (culmination of the "Eddie is my favorite wrestler" story)
-Booker vs Finlay (weakest match on the show and pales compared to the Best of 7, but it's got some appeal)
-Sting vs Giant (Giant had just re-joined the NWO and Sting had just joined the Wolfpack)
-Goldberg vs Konnan (Goldberg's 100th win)
-Macho Man and Roddy Piper vs Bret Hart and Hollywood Hogan (Say what you want about them all being old at this point, this match had serious star quality)
-Macho Man vs Roddy Piper (As a kid I really liked that they immediately followed the tag match with Piper vs Macho, whole thing felt chaotic)

Pretty much a who's who / greatest hits of the best talent of the era. There's also a dud with Juvy vs Big Ron Reese, but it's whatever, most of the show is solid.

Also a note on Booker/Benoit: It was actually Match 8 of the series. Match 7 ended with Bret helping Benoit win by clocking Booker with a chair. Benoit saw it and refused to take a win like that, so he told the ref. Ref disqualified him and gave the match to Booker. Booker didn't want to win that way, and argued with JJ Dillon that they needed to throw it out and have a new Match 7. THIS is how you create good guys, right here. Both of them came out of this looking honorable AF.