Sports Entertainment

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Should have just finished Cody's story at wrestlemania, then had Roman and Rock feud into Summerslam because Roman fails at WM which makes Rock question if he should be tribal chief after that, and they probably could use Rock to sell tickets for SS more than WM anyways. Why is Rock even back to fight Roman, from that press conference it didn't look like they were "feuding", it's all about "family", so why does the family want to fight each other, Rock already acknowledged Roman as "tribal chief" all those years ago.
Also they basically made Rollins look like a bitch beyond his wife's shoes, and his title look second rate through that whole thing, should have just left him off the stage to begin with.
It's a damn mess they jumped the gun on instead of properly planning it out.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Should have just finished Cody's story at wrestlemania, then had Roman and Rock feud into Summerslam because Roman fails at WM which makes Rock question if he should be tribal chief after that, and they probably could use Rock to sell tickets for SS more than WM anyways. Why is Rock even back to fight Roman, from that press conference it didn't look like they were "feuding", it's all about "family", so why does the family want to fight each other, Rock already acknowledged Roman as "tribal chief" all those years ago.
Also they basically made Rollins look like a bitch beyond his wife's shoes, and his title look second rate through that whole thing, should have just left him off the stage to begin with.
It's a damn mess they jumped the gun on instead of properly planning it out.
You are thinking in only kayfabe terms but this story is already mixing kayfabe and behind the scenes stuff.
Why does the Rock want to fight Roman? Because he is on the board, has power and can say so and he wants to be in the main event of WM 40 facing his cousin putting their family over no matter what happens. Screw those cody crybabies, cody can have his turn later, now its The Bloodline time! Look at the tree! The most royal (hint, hint) family in professional wrestling!

Rollins really is looking like the nr 2 champ, the losers bracket champ. I want to believe they have something planned for that belt though, there is no way they would trash it like this if there wasn't some kind of plan for it, right?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think an important question is were these storyline plans conceived before or after Vince was gone? Cause if Vince was involved then it's a safe bet the story is going to be fucking terrible but if it's something they tossed together after he left then there is at least potential for it to go in an interesting direction.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Night 1: tag team match Mega Bloodline vs Seth and Cody.
Night 2:
If the Bloodline wins - Rock vs Reigns for the undisputed wwe title, Cody vs Seth in the losers bracket nr2 title
If Cody and Seth win Seth vs the Rock for the heavyweight title, Cody vs Reigns for the undisputed WWE title.

Prediction:
Night 1: Cody and seth win, seth pins the rock
Night 2: The rock wins and Cody finishes the story

That would be something...
Main issues with this scenario are that there's no way the rock can do 2 matches and it would seem foolish to toy with the chance of injury given recent history.
Also Drew is looking like he might be involved and this is leaving him out

I like it except there's no reason for Seth to want to face Rock for his own title. Seth wants to be in the main event and can't do that without Cody anyway.

I'd say if Cody/Seth win, Cody gets the match with Roman on night 2. If Rock/Roman win, they face each other on night 2 and Cody forfeits his title shot. Either way Seth defends against Drew at the end of night 1 (and gets crushed).

Night 1 opens with the tag match and closes with Seth/Drew. Night 2 is focused on Cody/Roman, with Rock in Roman's corner.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I like it except there's no reason for Seth to want to face Rock for his own title. Seth wants to be in the main event and can't do that without Cody anyway.

I'd say if Cody/Seth win, Cody gets the match with Roman on night 2. If Rock/Roman win, they face each other on night 2 and Cody forfeits his title shot. Either way Seth defends against Drew at the end of night 1 (and gets crushed).

Night 1 opens with the tag match and closes with Seth/Drew. Night 2 is focused on Cody/Roman, with Rock in Roman's corner.
Why would Seth even fight at all in the tag team given those options? what's in it for him?
The Rock could help elevate the title, beating the rock on night 2 would show a little something. Seth could say "yo, Roman, is this the guy that was about to challenge you for your title?" if he wins... it would elevate the title no matter what.

I know we are heading into an elimination chamber PPV that Drew is definitely winning. My money is on cm punk fucking his chance up setting up a match for summerslam or something. Its clear those two are in each others sights. Punk himself said "I'm still in the mix, I'm still going to piss a lot of people off".
Time will tell, but I have a good feeling that whatever happens its going to be good. For mania 40 and beyond.

I think an important question is were these storyline plans conceived before or after Vince was gone? Cause if Vince was involved then it's a safe bet the story is going to be fucking terrible but if it's something they tossed together after he left then there is at least potential for it to go in an interesting direction.
Vince first resigned in July 2022 for a good while after that we was completely gone then he came back at some point supposedly strictly to work on selling the company, which did indeed happen.
Still there were a few shows there where there were rumours that Vince was demanding rewrites but as far as long term booking goes, I don't think Vince has had any kind of significant power since July 2022.

Just look at who came back since then? its all HHH people from NXT, its clear that HHH was running the show up until TKO came in.
And TKO immediately set Vince aside from creative. Vince is the past.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't watch WWE usually but the WM XL show was on Twitch. They really made Seth's belt seem like it's low tier. It wasn't a good look at least for his title. it's hard for me to buy in to Cody. It's so weird to me since the Codyverse era was so terrible in AEW. People forget about that shit a lot. It's gives a lot credence to Meltzer saying moving promotion gives you a reset. It actually does. I'm glad because the WWE reigned him in and he's doing good. He was garbage in AEW. You can't leave him to his own devices. He needs their tutelage. He can't be left to his own devices.

Hopefully AEW picks up Scott. They sorely need him. I like TK, but after his remarks on twitter about Russy, it makes me see that he needs to be reigned in. He just ruined future business with a Japanese promotion. It's an entirely business culture over there. You just can't shit on people openly like that. Hopefully Scott will help him see the light.

AEW has signed Mone, but I find it hard to believe she's a needle mover. AEW has good talent in their women's division, but it's been mismanged.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I don't watch WWE usually but the WM XL show was on Twitch. They really made Seth's belt seem like it's low tier. It wasn't a good look at least for his title. it's hard for me to buy in to Cody. It's so weird to me since the Codyverse era was so terrible in AEW. People forget about that shit a lot. I'm glad that since the WWE reigned him in and that he's doing good. He was garbage in AEW. You can't leave him to his own devices. He needs their tutelage. He can't be left to his own devices.

Hopefully AEW picks up Scott. They sorely need him. I like TK, but after his remarks on twitter about Russy, it makes me see that he needs to be reigned in. He just ruined future business with a Japanese promotion. It's an entirely business culture over there. You just can't shit on people openly like that. Hopefully Scott will help him see the light.

AEW has signed Mone, but I find it hard to believe she's a needle mover. AEW has good talent in their women's division, but it's been mismanged.
Time has proven that AEW and WWE are incredibly different beasts.
Cody was trying to be a WWE character in AEW and that just doesn't work. CM Punk is a different kind of issue... but it also doesn't work in AEW and it works just fine in WWE.
We haven't really gotten a lot of examples yet, but I'm sure plenty that don't work in WWE would work in AEW.

Cody has a whole story going on in WWE thats been going on for over a year now, thats hard to see if you don't watch WWE but its really good and it might payoff in the greatest way that was sort of built on his run in AEW, his whole "Wrestling has more than one royal family" shtick started there and is crucial to this moment in time.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Cody didn’t work inAEW cause he wanted to tell in depth stories with real emotions and was working in a company that prefers matches with no story but 9 super kicks and 3 Canadian destroyers where a random nobody goes 50/50 with a legend for 22 minutes of this is awesome chants.

different markets. Different rosters.

loook at Cody and Ogogo, AEW just made it a match, and Cody tried to really tell a story and it flopped. Same with his rocky 3 program with Brodie.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh yeah, I mean we mentioned it in passing but can we all have a collective chuckle at the fact that

Vincent Kennedy McMahon allegedly likes to take a shit on his women during coitus? :trump::trump::trump::trump:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Cody didn’t work inAEW cause he wanted to tell in depth stories with real emotions and was working in a company that prefers matches with no story but 9 super kicks and 3 Canadian destroyers where a random nobody goes 50/50 with a legend for 22 minutes of this is awesome chants.

different markets. Different rosters.

loook at Cody and Ogogo, AEW just made it a match, and Cody tried to really tell a story and it flopped. Same with his rocky 3 program with Brodie.
What did Tony Khan do to stop him? He had lots of TV time for both matches and promos, he had at least some creative control.

He chose to come to the ring with loads of people, he chose to have Arn Anderson whisper from behind a card, he chose to get his wins back from hot debuts like Brodie and Black, he chose to have a horrific tattoo, he chose to end racism by beating up a black man, he was so obnoxious that people were begging him to turn heel to make it make sense.

He works in WWE because people with more sense than Cody are reigning him in, like keeping his wife off TV.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
1708368803417.png

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Makes a lot of sense, can we get a line representing the bodybuilders in competition?
I bet it overshadows all of these represented here. No doubt its a problem and I hope this new generation will be above it, somewhat...
I don't doubt most are on stuff in general and even more are in stuff when it comes to recovery but not like back in the day, everyone has gotten smarter about it.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I never would have imagined that Vince Russo would have a better shot getting into the WWE Hall of Fame than Vince McMahon

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
After he was diagnosed with dementia (shocking knowing his personality as he got older) I figured it was only a matter of time.

Ole Anderson passing a few days ago did bum me out though.

• 1Like