Spring 2013 Anime Thread

Gromit

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well that was a let down in Gargantia. Can't wipe out the pirates noooo that'd be bad...... Guess Lobster lady will be the villain for awhile then until something in space happens or so.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Shingeki no Kyojin is all kinds of awesome. Fav show of the season so far, easy.
Eren is a whiny bitch. He needs to grow a pair, then it'll be a damn good series.

Now, Mikasa, on the other hand... hell yes.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
wow, i was not expecting such a decline in awesomeness. after 2 epic episodes they went full retard boring. i hope they recover the awesome, but i dont have much hope for gargantia from here on
frown.png

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hahahahahahahahahahah holy fuck thank you for that. My monitor hasn't had a coffee bath in a while.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
wow, i was not expecting such a decline in awesomeness. after 2 epic episodes they went full retard boring. i hope they recover the awesome, but i dont have much hope for gargantia from here on
frown.png
Ugh...Yeah, what a fucking obtuse point of drama "Hey, sure we were firing AK-47's at them and firing High Explosive shells at each other...But that doesn't mean we wanted anyone to DIE!!!!!!!!!!" Seriously? I mean, god damn...I always go into Anime expecting a pretty ham fisted bit of morality, but that was god damn ridiculous.

I have a feeling the plot is going to end up with that particular ideology being their key to "talking" with the aliens...Like the humans on earth will be the first people ever to think about making contact, or something silly.

frown.png

Sean_sl

shitlord
Dudes, Gargantia is by Urobuchi Gen.

There are no happy endings allowed here. Unfair, bad shit is going to happen. It's his trademark. Have some faith.

If this ends up being some touchy feely shit I will feel trolled.

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I've suffered through 4 episodes of Aku No Hana. Is there really a reason to watch this or can I stop now? It's really weird and not in a good way slash boring boring boring.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Some thoughts after a few episodes :

Devil Survivor - kind of lost interest, may still watch more but not a priority

Ginga Kikoutai - lost me

Red Data Girl - it's gotten better than it looked to start, the main character is infuriatingly useless though. A new anime standard in ineffectual heros

Valrave - this got a lot better, I am looking forward to more of this one.

Karneval - the silliness and gay subtext is getting to me, not sure if I will continue

Arata Kangatari - this is still watchable, will be more so if someone slaps some sense into the real world Arata

Crime Edge - getting better, despite the absurd premise. Still like a pale g-rated imitation of mirai nikki though

Shingeki Kyojin - going strong

Gargantia - went from incredible to just very good for ep3, which was a letdown, still very good is def worth watching

Nyaruko - not as funny the second time around, relies on the same jokes too much, still entertaining though

Uchuu Kyoudai - I get that it has been going for a long, but three consecutive recap episodes ? What the fuck ?

Sean_sl

shitlord
[UTW-THORA] Evangelion 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo [BD][1080p,x264,flac][F2060CF5].mkv

FUCK, why is my new TV not here yet?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
LastseasonI guess, not sure how these things work, I was getting in to Ixion Saga, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, K, Psycho-Pass, Shinsekai Yori, and SAO. Think SAO was the only one I finished and really enjoyed it. The others only got to about Ep 3 or 4, any worth finishing up? Already planning on finishing K just because it looked visually great.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I didn't finish Jojo's, but the others were good stuff...especially Psycho-Pass.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Hrm, I should redownload K and put that as something to watch on my new Panasonic Plasma when it gets here. K's possibly the most beautiful series I've ever watched.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
[UTW-THORA] Evangelion 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo [BD][1080p,x264,flac][F2060CF5].mkv

FUCK, why is my new TV not here yet?
Holy Fucking Shit ... i always feel extremely stupid when watching evangelion. i always loved the series, but i'm faaaar too stupid to get anything that happens there. and the new movie is really no exception. i didnt understand a thing that happened :/

Itzena_sl

shitlord
LastseasonI guess, not sure how these things work, I was getting in to Ixion Saga, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, K, Psycho-Pass, Shinsekai Yori, and SAO. Think SAO was the only one I finished and really enjoyed it. The others only got to about Ep 3 or 4, any worth finishing up? Already planning on finishing K just because it looked visually great.
Best anime of last year, right here:

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Haha I just love Kyogin's shift from "everythings calm and good" to shit hitting the fan.