Spring 2013 Anime Thread

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Speaking of Gundam....

biggrin.png

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
Aku no Hana ep 2 - still terribly dull.
I just watched this myself and am wondering. Is there some kind of big payoff in the next 11 episodes that make this worth watching? So far I've forced myself to watch these two hating myself for doing it every moment.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Gargantia ep 2 was all sorts of win - shit got real, then Wakandanz turned to fairy dust.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Gargantia ep 2 was all sorts of win - shit got real, then Wakandanz turned to fairy dust.
Lol, that was pure gold. It's like rocks and clubs vs an aircraft carrier.

The whole ep was filled with win too, from the 'What the fuck?' look on his face at the fish, to the dead serious mech trying to get straight info out of the ditzy teenage girl, through the motives of everyone involved. Unquestionably best of season atm.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko:My sides hurt from laughter, holy shit. This might end up being the funniest thing I've seen since Seto no Hanayome.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko:My sides hurt from laughter, holy shit. This might end up being the funniest thing I've seen since Seto no Hanayome.
Bold claim, i need to see much more, ive seen Seto no Hanayome about 4 times so it sits on a high pedestal!

Raika

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to agree with this, started out being skeptical but wow was I wrong. I can already see a ton of potential here. Seitokai Yakuindomo is probably the most laughs I've had from an anime, not sure if it will live up to that but I can hope.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Char's Counterattack, Stardust Memory, War in the Pocket, 08th MS Team, and Unicorn I all love. I truly cannot stand any of the actual UC series though.

Hopefully Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin doesn't turn out to be shit.
What makes you hate the actual series?

Sean_sl

shitlord
What makes you hate the actual series?
They are justbad, especially anything past the original 0079 series. Zeta and Double Zeta are like holy shit awful. The compilation movies make the UC series somewhat more bearable, but they're still not very good.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I loved Z. I agree on ZZ though, it is total dog shit.

I'm just confused how you can love Seed but not like the Original or Zeta. Seed is more or less a retelling of them, especially the original.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ZZ is really fucking awful... Tomino must agree too, because he retconned that shitpile out of existence with the Zeta movies.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Suisei no Gargantia looks like it's going to be the breakout of the year (in my mind anyway). Awesome first two episodes.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I loved Z. I agree on ZZ though, it is total dog shit.

I'm just confused how you can love Seed but not like the Original or Zeta. Seed is more or less a retelling of them, especially the original.
Seed shares a lot of basic elements and themes, but it's notthatmuch of a retelling of the original. Seed has far, far better characters, better relationships, a better overall story, and is a lot more coherent. Sure, Seed follows a vaguely similarroadmap(and a very heavy emphasis on vaguely at that), but the journey is far more interesting and intricate.

Also Seed's musical score is fucking amazing and is one of the best, if not the best, ones ever done in an anime.

And then there's how old the original series is. It may have been good for its time, but it does not hold up at all. Though hardly anything from that period does. Some movies do, but almost no series actually does. It's not just the animation either, stuff back then was just written and presented really poorly. This even goes for my most beloved series of all, Macross. I have bigger rose colored glasses for it than people do for EQ around here, but god I would never recommend anyone actually watch it (and it's way the fuck better than UC Gundam).

Itzena_sl

shitlord
All you need to know about Gundam Seed: Lacus is the director's wife/main scriptwriter's Mary Sue self-insert, and Kira-Jesus Yamato is a Marty Stu of the director.
No,really- Seed isliterallyself-insert Gundam fanfiction.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
Officially done with Majestic Prince ... what a shitty bunch of characters. Picked up Arata Kangatari though. Looks promising.
Not sure about Valvrave yet ... Mecha looks awesome.