Spring 2013 Anime Thread

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh next week is when things start to get weird on Titan - if they don't spend the entire episode on a Mikasa flashback, that is.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
titan went so much better in anime form especially when you see them use 3D gears, oh yea and for best cringe scream of the year eps5

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */The gay chase was fuckin hilarious. Also Attack on Titan was too, good, I had to read it all, shit is good.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
understatement of the year?

i bet even GRRM would have cringed at that episode
The only way it's going to be unexpected is if he stays dead the rest of the season. But I'm going to guess he is going to go Berserk and burst out of the Titan, like....

And so the anime cliche of the hero reaching a "new level" will be fulfilled.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh next week is when things start to get weird on Titan - if they don't spend the entire episode on a Mikasa flashback, that is.
After going back and rereading the chapters it seems like they are doing one episode per chapter with some extra padding thrown in. So yeah next episode should be the flashback.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even if the entire episode is backstory for Mikasa, it should be really good.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Naruto Road to Ninja was such a boring/drab movie. However One Piece movie Z was pretty good even if typical formula used for OP movies.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Shingeki no Kyojin(Attack on Titan) by far. If you are not watching it do so NAO!

velk

Trakanon Raider
What is the standout show this season (or the last couple of seasons for that matter)?
This season it's shinjeki no kyoji. Gargantai had an epic first two eps but kind of floundered after that. Last few seasons haven't had anything I would nominate as greatness, last one was probably fate zero.

velk

Trakanon Raider
[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */The gay chase was fuckin hilarious.
I think it also won the prestigous 'most demeaning use for a sentient military robot award' with the bbq grill ;p

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Jesus....the preview for the next Valvrave only reason I didn't drop it right now. Seems might finally get some action.

If not then dropping this retarded shit.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The devil is a part timer had the best first 5 minutes of an anime in god knows how long for its first episode. However after that the action slowed down immensely, but its still a good show.

From reading the preview it sounded like a gag show and I was prepared for silly antics, then first episode is like oh this is a shounen, no wait its a slice of life, no it's a romantic comedy?

No matter what the fuck it is its the best show of the season for me until Gargantia stops being gay and everyone starts dying.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
No reactions to Shingeki ?

FQuYVfQl.jpg

FQuYVfQl.jpg

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Was surprised we didn't see the main Character go berserk and explode from the Titan. Maybe it will be more like GoT and the main character will transfer to the chick. Shocking for an Anime.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah, I couldn't wait on this one... ended up reading the entire manga out so far in the last 3 days.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
next titan episode is gonna be great!
i think personally think it's one of the pivitol points in the series where mikasa is viewed as a strong heroine, along with this weeks episode and the upcoming one.

mysterion_sl

shitlord
after this weeks episode i would be completely fine with the protagonist switch to mikasa. one thing is bothering me: the flashback eren seemed way cooler than the ep1-5 eren, so i think we are not done with eren yet.