Spring 2014 Anime Thread

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I have the biggest hard on for Gon atm - This was easily the single best transformation in years.

Perrito_sl

shitlord
Im back just to post how awesome that episode of Hunter X Hunter was... it was perfect. Animation, build-up, music... perfect! I find it hard to believe that the anime has anything else to deliver that can top that. Pretty much everything in the anime built up to that point.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The fight against the king will be even better I bet. But I love it when a hero just snaps before even getting beat up and just annihilates an antogonist completely with no bullshit 12 episode power up garbage.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Manga resumes next month. I suspect HxH has 20ish episodes before it's hiatus for a year or so.

Fadaar

That guy
Made the mistake of reading the Brynhildr manga up until chapter 84 (most recent episode, 8, covers up through about ~28-29ish). The one thing that sort of irks me from what I've read so far (isn't a big spoiler, just more of a nitpick) is that

The need for more medicine never came in to play, nor did they start producing their own

And the bigger spoilers (srsly, don't read it if you don't want shit spoiled)

It doesn't matter anyway since everyone except Murakami and Kuroha are dead at this point

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Initial D's out. So far so good. The episode I saw was choppy, but it was still watchable. 3 more episodes to go, then it's all over.

Can't wait.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone have any recommendations for a series/movie(s) to watch that are a little on the darker/serious side?

I just got done with Claymore (pretty good) and Attack on Titan (amazing). Was going to watch Berserk next and maybe Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I took about a 16 year break from anime and just started watching again.

crunchyroll, netflix and youtube are the only sites I've been using, are there some other legit ones out there?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watch Anime Shows Online | Huluhas some, Funimation tends to hold on to their own works for streaming although some of it is offered for free.

Other than that you're looking at unofficial streaming sites who basically grab low/mid resolution fansubs and toss them up on video sharing sites.

Fadaar

That guy
Anyone have any recommendations for a series/movie(s) to watch that are a little on the darker/serious side?

I just got done with Claymore (pretty good) and Attack on Titan (amazing). Was going to watch Berserk next and maybe Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I took about a 16 year break from anime and just started watching again.

crunchyroll, netflix and youtube are the only sites I've been using, are there some other legit ones out there?
Definitely watch Brotherhood, it's well worth the time

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Kara no Kyokai - Darker than Black - Deadman Wonderland - Hellsing Ultimate - Black Lagoon - Something recent i forget the name about crime and some dude who can go around murdering undetected - it was awesome.

Fedor

<Banned>
Something recent i forget the name about crime and some dude who can go around murdering undetected - it was awesome.
psycho pass?

tales.jpg

Budos

Kara no Kyokai - Darker than Black - Deadman Wonderland - Hellsing Ultimate - Black Lagoon - Something recent i forget the name about crime and some dude who can go around murdering undetected - it was awesome.
I'll check those out. Thanks for all the replies.

I did watch some of Hellsing, maybe got about 6 episodes in and couldn't get into it. The episodes were a little too scooby do for me.

Fadaar

That guy
If you do watch Black Lagoon, and it's rare to say this, go for the dub. The dialog lends itself to English a little better. Mostly the use of the word fuck. A lot.

Budos

If you do watch Black Lagoon, and it's rare to say this, go for the dub. The dialog lends itself to English a little better. Mostly the use of the word fuck. A lot.
I'll try it. Usually I always watch subs if I have the choice.

That was actually the only one from Xxexx's list I had crossed off, just because of the art style. If it's really good though I'll give it a shot. The others all looked really promising: Deadman Wonderland, Kara no Kyoukai, and Psycho Pass.

Is Berserk worth a watch? I had been told it's decent except for the ending.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
As Fedor responded, Psycho Pass. Damn good show, and has some twisted stuff in it. Its supposed to be getting a second season soon too.