Spring 2014 Anime Thread

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So i finally decided to give fairy tail first series a try after downloading it almost a year ago. It's actually pretty decent after you watch the first six or so episodes. I also used an online filler episode guide to skip all the non-manga storyline episodes that have zero progression on the main plot (I do this with all long anime's that i've watched that have filler).

Decent action/comedy/story, obvious shounen anime.

If anyone here likes One piece or Bleach up to aizen arc give this a try and just like all other long shounen anime's skip the filler.

Edit:

I just saw break blade up there and I see it's only 12 episodes. I'm not sure why it exists as there are already 6 ova's (double the length of a normal episode each) out which have higher then TV quality animation. Unless it get's further or another season... The ova was pretty decent if anyone wants to see.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Eh, OP is on a completely different level than FT - I thought FT was much more aimed at the pre-teen audience than OP was. It' a decent show but not something i followed - more so something that i'd watch twice a year when it was built up enough.

Kaio

Out of the new shows I've seen "The Irregular at Magical High School," which seems to have potential. The first 15 minutes were to introductory and bit boring but based on the last five it could be good.," which

One piece is biggest weakness now is that they don't take breaks. Episodes as a result are slow and you have lots of fillers in between. Since reading the manga is a 2 minute affair per week I don't bother with the show anymore. As a show fairy tale is more entertaining to me atm. Although it's been a while the first 2-3 years of One Piece was probably better then FT.

Edit:

New show impressions:
1) Irregular - As posted above has potential we'll have to see though it seemed to depend too much on mystery so far which is annoying in an intro ep, hey lets hint but try to hide literally everything.
2) Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii (The world is still beautiful) - Probably one of the better anime's this season. I'm hopeful with this one.
3) Captain Earth - Hmm, this could be entertaining but will have to wait and see. Really long mecha activation sequence involving launching from earth and something about libido power makes it both ridiculous and mildly entertaining so far.
4) The Kawaii Complex - So far I like it, a bit of slice of life and a bit of romantic comedy so far.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I read the irregular manga, it is pretty good, will watch.
R
Capt earth, no idea yet, like it OK, that libido thing is weird, and that launch is wildly long... Decent

Dragonaar, I. Read the manga a few years ago. Liked the first episode.

Liked mahouka too.

Now if the media server stays fixed, my media drive, lately, I would add the files, but upon a reboot or restart, the files I added, and played, would vanish. Moved media drive to my computer and scanned and fixed the drive, far so good. Files are staying.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really enjoyed Irregular and Captain Earth.

Captain Earth - Huge mecha, weird unexplained sci-fi, main character with no training, knowledge, or really motivation is forced to pilot the mecha, the main character can pilot it because he is great at video games, shady conspirators that have their faces hidden, and beautiful animation. Yup, I'm in.

Irregular - So wait, a dude sets off a nuke sized explosion with a sniper rifle to start the show and then I have to settle for high school? I like everything about the setup though. Discrimination between haves and have nots, main character has a mysterious power that will be overpowered as hell, and slightly different take on magic. Great animation. What is with the sexual thing between brother and sister though? That is way too common in anime, and by too common I mean the fact it appears at all.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The "incest" thing is usually later explained by them being step-siblings or an aunt or something taking care of a child. At least in my experience. Doesn't make it more palatable, but it is how they explain away the serious wtf-nature of that paradigm.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Season has alot of bad mixed in with very little good. Normally some of the shows would make good fillers but thats not even the case this time around.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah not really feeling much from this season other then JoJo's. Usually end up picking up a couple shows that end up randomly being decent though.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
What are you guys liking about JoJo? It looks absolutely terrible and is kinda annoying right from the start, does it have an amazing plot later on or what?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Jojo hasnt failed me yet - its not amazing but its great for /popcorn unlike most of this seasons openings.

Kaio

What are you guys liking about JoJo? It looks absolutely terrible and is kinda annoying right from the start, does it have an amazing plot later on or what?
Did you watch the original series or did you just start with this one? This is a sequel, fyi.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii(The World is Beautiful at Crunchyroll). Second mention because it's definitely going to be one of the higher budget shows this season. Great animation first episode and the story/scripting also appears to be a cut above average shows.

Brynhildralso seems like it will have good potential. Definitely liked the first episode. Still not sure yet.

Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryoiki no D?j? vu Theatrical Movie- This had a theatrical release last year but I just noticed it was out this week for U.S. blu-ray download. If you were a fan of the series you will probably want to see it. Takes place after the series. There is also a little ova that happens in between this and the series.

Kenzen Robo DaimidalerDeadfish sub v2 doesn't use funimation stream so it has actual boobs now if you were planning on seeing it. I will give it one or two more episodes at least.

Kamigami no AsobiI lasted less then one minute. Magical guy transformation (yes that includes clothing removal).

Fingz_sl

shitlord
Jojo's whole thing is it keeps one upping itself. You watch it and think, this is some crazy shit but the next episode is twice as crazy. It's like the show is willing to do anything or go anywhere in order to get you to watch.

I stopped watching it, but I might go back and see if I can get through it this time.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Mahouka - seems good so far
Kanojo ga Flag - the style is a little cutesy, but the show is decent. funny
One Week Friends - cute, kinda funny.
Brynhildr - interesting so far
Dragonar - seems okay so far
Blade and Soul - meh, okay I guess
Akuma no Riddle - okay? I get the feeling its going to get really dumb
Bokura - Pretty good so far

Mushishi S2 - good stuff. I watched the whole first season over the weekend, its a great show. I highly recommend it. Each episode is a self-contained story, with a few important points over the course of the series tossed in. There's some good endings, some bad endings, but its all a solid show.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Jojo's isn't for everyone, so don't sweat it if you guys don't like it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I didnt want to enjoy Soul Eater Not! but i found myself enjoying it since it had the old cast lingering around.

Kaosu

Mahouka probably won't live up to the light novel. Out of all the animes here that are adaptations rather than original works, Mahouka is probably the best in terms of story. Sidonia no Kishi (of Blame! fame) will be my most to-look-forward-to anime of the season, along with Broken Blade.

No Game, No life is great. Black Bullet is ok. Hitsugi no Chaika has potential for some great action scenes.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Mahouka will work if they cut out alot of the exposition, which they have so far.

Seriously, that part where he looked at the girls bracelet as she was casting a spell took 4 pages in the novel to describe/explain.