Spring 2015 Anime Thread

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Thank you Rerolled for the effusive praise for Food Wars that I initially thought ridiculous but now find more than justified! On episode 2 and this show is all kinds of awesome!
Episode 1 actually sucked, I wonder how many people dropped out after that. Episode 2, when the motivations of everyone start to make sense, it does get a lot better--from then on it has gotten better with each episode.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The evil one that wanted to close the restaurant, or the girl in his class that tried the peanut butter creation?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Both?!

Yeah if you are used to like dragonball Z or other anime with a long, slow warmup before shit gets weird/interesting, Shokugeki bypasses that immediately and gets to the plot. Both jokingly and literally. Very difficult not to laugh at the first episode's hijinks if you have a sense of humor, as it grabs a boatload of anime tropes and just goes ham with them. Great stuff.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
On an unmentioned note, Gintama is back and still hilarious as fuck. This show never dies for long, and apparently the last movie made a fucking killing over there.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
On an unmentioned note, Gintama is back and still hilarious as fuck. This show never dies for long, and apparently the last movie made a fucking killing over there.
yeah I actually just binge watched all the way to current. that kid detective show is back also.. what was the movie name? did I miss it?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Never liked Gintama, i hate hate hate slapstick - if it just kept with pure story id like it, but i cant stand all the stupid antics and retardation.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
yeah I actually just binge watched all the way to current. that kid detective show is back also.. what was the movie name? did I miss it?
Other than the Benizakura Arc movie they made, the last one released last year was called Yorozuya Forever I believe. It was after the anime got canned (for the millionth time) so it was a decent serious wrap up for the series.

It is a lot of slapstick but honestly I think that's what I like about it the most; never takes itself too serious, and even when it does it'll immediately twist it back to something ridiculous. I don't think they are doing any real order in the anime to the manga arcs but the current manga arc is one of the better ones, one of their few very serious no joking around ones. I hope they get around to animating it one day if the show stays around long enough.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I watched like 100 episodes of gintama and I have no idea what the premise is.

It all seemed like filler.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Other than the Benizakura Arc movie they made, the last one released last year was called Yorozuya Forever I believe. It was after the anime got canned (for the millionth time) so it was a decent serious wrap up for the series.

It is a lot of slapstick but honestly I think that's what I like about it the most; never takes itself too serious, and even when it does it'll immediately twist it back to something ridiculous. I don't think they are doing any real order in the anime to the manga arcs but the current manga arc is one of the better ones, one of their few very serious no joking around ones. I hope they get around to animating it one day if the show stays around long enough.
I like some sense of story and cohesion - Gintama is pretty much everything i could hate about anime that has potential.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think I'm done watching Naruto Shippuden. They cut to filler way too much now.
Hahahaha did they fucking really give us like 6 months of filler shit, then back to the main arc for 2 episodes, then BACK to filler? The fuck sort of scheduling is this?!

Edit: Haha actually it was worse than I thought, we only got 1 and a 1/2 episodes, the 2nd part was the transition into the filler. Jesus fuck.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Hahahaha did they fucking really give us like 6 months of filler shit, then back to the main arc for 2 episodes, then BACK to filler? The fuck sort of scheduling is this?!

Edit: Haha actually it was worse than I thought, we only got 1 and a 1/2 episodes, the 2nd part was the transition into the filler. Jesus fuck.
Yeah.. 1.5 episodes of plot progression in 6 months.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Imagine if you were a young japanese kid that didn't read manga, and you're left with a dying Naruto being kept alive by Sakura massage hands.

here's the official filler list
57-71
90-112
127-128
144-151
170-171
176-196
223-242
257-260
279-281
284-295
303-320
347-361
376-377
388-390
394-413

they basically quadrupled the amount of filler for the 4th war.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Anyone follow the current iteration of Fairy Tale? Curious if its still lame as fuck or is it pretty decent now.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's the prologue to the Tartaros arc, which is canon and read pretty good in the manga iirc, lasts a good while.