Spring 2018 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I was in Japan when I posted that. Netflix out there shows the current shit as it airs. But it didn't offer English subtitles.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
megalobox just gets better EVERY SINGLE FUCKING EPISODE.

God fucking damn it i can't get enough of this one.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Final episode of Megalobox is going to be epic.

If he gets a gear again, i bet he goes gearless in to the fight against Yuri. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Yuri removes his gear during the fight (if it can be removed).

Fadaar

That guy
Final episode of Megalobox is going to be epic.

Haven't even watched this week's episode yet but

I'll be honest, I like Yuri as a character. Even if he wins their bout I won't be upset. That being said, all along I've expected them both to go gear-less in their fight and start a revolution of sorts to turn the sport more traditional. Would be neat IMO.

Edit: loooool, 2 mins in to this week's episode. yep.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Haven't even watched this week's episode yet but

I'll be honest, I like Yuri as a character. Even if he wins their bout I won't be upset. That being said, all along I've expected them both to go gear-less in their fight and start a revolution of sorts to turn the sport more traditional. Would be neat IMO.

Edit: loooool, 2 mins in to this week's episode. yep.

This sounds like a decent idea for season 2. Somebody make it happen.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked the little montage towards the end with its song, great way to finish the episode (not the actual outro).

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Grancrest is over. Great finale. Someday i hope a studio with budget picks this up and redoes it, HxH style. Coulda been so much more but plagued with animation inconsistancies.

Ah well, still enjoyed the series.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I just realized summer season is upon us, but due to work I haven't had time to wade through the whole season yet.

Any recommendations? Except for Hinamatsuri (for which I already read the manga) and Megalox Box (because I already know Ashita no Joe and will probably binge on a weekend)

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I just realized summer season is upon us, but due to work I haven't had time to wade through the whole season yet.

Any recommendations? Except for Hinamatsuri (for which I already read the manga) and Megalox Box (because I already know Ashita no Joe and will probably binge on a weekend)

Shokugeki no soma, Darling in the Franxx and Stein's Gate: 0 are all good

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Grancrest is over. Great finale. Someday i hope a studio with budget picks this up and redoes it, HxH style. Coulda been so much more but plagued with animation inconsistancies.

Ah well, still enjoyed the series.
The ending was very well animated. Early into the episode, they showed the CGI flower petals floating around, and it looked great. I knew it was going to be an expensive episode from that point.

Anyway, I wasn't thrilled with the ending, though. It felt rushed.
Also, the birth of the Gran Crest was very underwhelming. It removes the darkness and what? Pretty lame for that to be the conclusion after such a long series.

• 1Solidarity

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Anyway, I wasn't thrilled with the ending, though. It felt rushed.

That has been my main problem for the whole show, it felt a bit rushed to me. I appreciate not dragging things out, but Grancrest seemed like it could have used a few more episodes to flesh things out.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
From what I understand they tried to cram 10 volumes of LN into a 24 episode show. Probably why the pacing felt really off.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
So did franxxx ....saddle up boys, last two episodes gun hurt.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
From what I understand they tried to cram 10 volumes of LN into a 24 episode show. Probably why the pacing felt really off.
Yeah, that's really quick. Normally you get 3 episodes per light novel. So 10 books is 30 shows. I guess that makes sense then.