Spring 2018 Anime Thread

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never liked Zero Two, but I sympathize with her situation enough to want her and Hiro to come to some understanding.

We're such weebs for having an argument over this. I am ok with that.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I never liked Zero Two, but I sympathize with her situation enough to want her and Hiro to come to some understanding.

We're such weebs for having an argument over this. I am ok with that.

I live in Japan, I'm practically a professional weeb.

It's absolutely normal to feel sorry for Zero Two. Especially with the way the story is framed. Life has not been fair to her right from the moment of her birth. It's sucks and I get it, but it turned her into a monster and she needs to be stopped.

What gets my blood boiling is the rampant Ichigo hating. Having to defend her hurts my soul.

Krastalvo

Molten Core Raider
I just started watching the new Full Metal Panic. I really liked the older version of this show, when it first aired back in the single digit 2000's.

I remember there was an episode with that Chidori girl getting stalked at her apartment or whatever. She was on the brink of tears, begging anyone for help, but it wasn't going to arrive in time. Suddenly, she manned up and fixed the problem by herself. It was a really good bit of character development for her. I wish I remembered what episode (or even which season) of this show it was.

Edit: Nevermind, thinking of something else.

Edit2: Might be Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Episode 9.

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Good call, yeah. That's the episode. I haven't seen it since it first aired. I wonder if it's any good this much later.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Of course I rabidly dislike Zero Two. She is a villain. She is evil. She is a horrible monster. A better question, is why don't YOU rabidly dislike Zero Two?

Yes Papa and the rest of the adults are awful, awful "people" - that may explain some of Zero Two's behaviour but it doesn't EXCUSE any of it. She may look human but she is not. Much the same as a rabid dog needs to be put down, despite it not being the dog's fault, she also needs to be put down. The only reason she isn't is because all the adults in this world are corrupt and she is useful.

Unlike a dog, she's a sentient being. Normally a decent human being would want want to see if she can be rehabilitated first. Hell, I'd try to rehabilitate a dog if it's possible. She could actually be evil, but she's also a victim of years of abuse by Papa and company and could just be doing what she thinks is necessary for her survival. Remove the need for her to pilot or maintain a human appearance (since Hiro doesn't care about that) and maybe she could act like a decent human being. Maybe not, who knows at this point?

She has enough information. She knows Hiro will die in one more ride. She knows Zero Two tried to kill Hiro. The damn strangle marks are around his neck. Hiro's feelings be damed, he needs to be kept away from Zero Two for his own good. That's not the way the anime will go, but it's the way any logical person would act.

Imagine your real life. Someone who you love has fallen in with a bad person. That person has some mental problems that makes them unstable. Then you find out they are a mass murderer and that your loved one had a close shave with death. Wouldn't you do everything you could to keep the bad person and your loved one apart?

She doesn't know shit about their history or how Zero Two has been treated. She tried to kill Hiro because she was having a mental breakdown. Hiro knows his life is at risk but it's his life. If he wants to try to help Zero Two despite that it's his choice, not Ichigo's. You can try to stop someone from engaging in self destructive behavior, but as far as I'm concerned their freedom to live their life the way they see fit trumps your need to keep them safe.

What gets my blood boiling is the rampant Ichigo hating. Having to defend her hurts my soul.

I don't hate Ichigo, I just believe that trying to cut Hiro off cold turkey was a bad move. Ichigo's supposed to be the leader of the squad but she doesn't really know how to manage people. She was never taught because they're all just disposable tools or Papa's science experiments.

Fadaar

That guy
yall motha fuckas need jesus

also childhood friend never wins out, therefore they.... both lose? aw shit, hiro gon be gay

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
yall motha fuckas need jesus

also childhood friend never wins out, therefore they.... both lose? aw shit, hiro gon be gay

Goro is going to keep getting fucked over for the rest of the show, but he'll be the only one left standing at the end.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
He can't say a "th" sound. "I don't necessarily fink that Ichigo is a fot. I don't fink that she's..." & "The only bad fing about this..." That alone annoys me about this guy.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Shokugeki had another decent episode. Not as good as last week, but still decent.

Sexy teacher Erina was much good.
XHM1Keg.png

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Been so long since I watched fmp! That the beginning of the first episode confused me. I am watching the series starting from the beginning now

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The 2nd episode of SAO Alt - Gun Gale Online follows a similar plot to the first one. There's another character that joins GGO and is a tiny character that dresses all in pink. It's a different character than episode 1, but the char looks the same. My guess is they're going to make an all tiny girl in pink team or something.

Malkav

French Madman
Uh, what have you been smoking Xarpolis? That's the same character, LLEN.
This episode just took place before the previous one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I just started watching the new Full Metal Panic. I really liked the older version of this show, when it first aired back in the single digit 2000's.

I remember there was an episode with that Chidori girl getting stalked at her apartment or whatever. She was on the brink of tears, begging anyone for help, but it wasn't going to arrive in time. Suddenly, she manned up and fixed the problem by herself. It was a really good bit of character development for her. I wish I remembered what episode (or even which season) of this show it was.
that would probably be FMP:fumoffu, that was the "just silly" season.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Uh, what have you been smoking Xarpolis? That's the same character, LLEN.
This episode just took place before the previous one.
I didn't realize the teacher from the first episode was a giant. I didn't remember the name either. My bad.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
DarliFra spoilers from the next episode.

Misturu hate fucks Kokoro (probably because Hiro won't give up his ass) and get's her pregnant.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I will not be clicking that spoiler. Next episode is only a few more days away. I can wait to find out what happens.

Malkav

French Madman
Couldn't resist clicking thinking it was related to Bitchigo.
Good god it isn't and that is fucked up if true.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users