Spring 2018 Anime Thread

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
She's going to wind up being a princess or something, and I'm sure that will get in the way of them actually getting together. There's a blonde guy in the OP (her brother?) that I'm guessing will show up and tell her she can't date a commoner. Also, the Photography club president is obsessed with some idol, who is secretly one of the other club members, so there's another romance plot that probably won't get anywhere. Just speculation, but I think its going to be the type your wife hates.

In a similar vein, watched the first ep of Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii. Woman starts a new job, and desperately tries to hide the fact she's an otaku. On the first day, runs into an old friend from middle school that she used to nerd out with. He listens to her bitch the whole episode, and then at the end they decide to start dating. Probably just going to be about her learning its okay to be geeky, but it was pretty funny. And at the very least, looks like it will be about them in a relationship, rather than just trying to get there.

Awesome, will check it out. Sounds kind of like the gender swap MMO one--which she also really, really liked.

Have her watch 3D Kanojo Real Girl. It's only on episode 2 right now, but they kiss on the first episode. So there's that. She might like it.

Thanks, will check it out!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Franxx was good too. This anime is so much better than what I thought it'd be

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Darling in the Franxx - Letdown after last week. Hiro and Zero Two need to make lots and lots of pink skinned babies together.
Hinamatsuri - The universe shits out eggs with naked lolis in them. I don't think there's anything else you need to know about this show.
Galactic Heroes - Yang got a good intro. Apparently this is a remake?
Megalobox - Well, now I'm curious if the old Champion Joe was about mecha boxing, but not enough to look it up. 2nd ep was chock full of shounen trope 'rival' jizz.
Boku no Hero Academia - Mineta is the true hero of this story.
Lupin III - Lupin likes the Wakandan women. And Jigen is his lover. Well. Ok then.
Souten no Ken - Ok, that is how you don't use CGI. /barf Done with this one. Shame, really. The manga was really good.
Basilisk - Incest Powers Activate!
Gancrest Senki - OG ho is dead, but everyone else gets a sloppy seconds happy ending.
Toji no Miko - I'll admit it, this show makes no sense. But schoolgirls and swords.
Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi - Japanese feminism. Feel the REEEEEEEEEEE.
Tokyo Ghoul:re - Too many shows this seasons for shitty Kaneki soul searching arc.
Steins: Gate - Interesting start. This could be good.
Shokugeki no Souma - Still love this show. Not sure if it's for the T&A or the cooking anymore. Both are top notch!
Magical Girl Ore - Beefcake! BEEFCAKE!
Golden Kamui - Burning them chapters fast. Will see how far they get. If this is a 24-26 ep run they will get halfway through the current chapters before it end.
Isekai Izakaya - 15 minute episodes. Interesting.

Piano no Mori - Anyone got a fansub site for this one?
Captain Tsubasa - Not seeing it out yet
Cutie Honey - ^^^
FLCL - ^^^

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Darling in the Franxx - Letdown after last week. Hiro and Zero Two need to make lots and lots of pink skinned babies together.
Hinamatsuri - The universe shits out eggs with naked lolis in them. I don't think there's anything else you need to know about this show.
Galactic Heroes - Yang got a good intro. Apparently this is a remake?
Megalobox - Well, now I'm curious if the old Champion Joe was about mecha boxing, but not enough to look it up. 2nd ep was chock full of shounen trope 'rival' jizz.
Boku no Hero Academia - Mineta is the true hero of this story.
Lupin III - Lupin likes the Wakandan women. And Jigen is his lover. Well. Ok then.
Souten no Ken - Ok, that is how you don't use CGI. /barf Done with this one. Shame, really. The manga was really good.
Basilisk - Incest Powers Activate!
Gancrest Senki - OG ho is dead, but everyone else gets a sloppy seconds happy ending.
Toji no Miko - I'll admit it, this show makes no sense. But schoolgirls and swords.
Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi - Japanese feminism. Feel the REEEEEEEEEEE.
Tokyo Ghoul:re - Too many shows this seasons for shitty Kaneki soul searching arc.
Steins: Gate - Interesting start. This could be good.
Shokugeki no Souma - Still love this show. Not sure if it's for the T&A or the cooking anymore. Both are top notch!
Magical Girl Ore - Beefcake! BEEFCAKE!
Golden Kamui - Burning them chapters fast. Will see how far they get. If this is a 24-26 ep run they will get halfway through the current chapters before it end.
Isekai Izakaya - 15 minute episodes. Interesting.

Piano no Mori - Anyone got a fansub site for this one?
Captain Tsubasa - Not seeing it out yet
Cutie Honey - ^^^
FLCL - ^^^

I think you mean 02 needs to be put to death for being a mass murderer including attempting to murder Hiro. Not to mention clawing to shit out of her room and beating the shit out of entire rest of the cast.

Ichigo and Goro are the only sane person in the show.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I think you mean 02 needs to be put to death for being a mass murderer including attempting to murder Hiro. Not to mention clawing to shit out of her room and beating the shit out of entire rest of the cast.

Ichigo and Goro are the only sane person in the show.

Zero Two is still on the right side of the crazy to hot ratio. And Hiro gets to ride her as his profession. Let nature take its course.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Zero Two is still on the right side of the crazy to hot ratio. And Hiro gets to ride her as his profession. Let nature take its course.

Oh I totally agree she's on the right side of the crazy to hot. Hiro gets one more ride until he dies of the yellow AIDS.

What I don't get is that people who talk about this show seem to hate Ichigo. I don't understand why. Is it because they put themselves in the shoes of Hiro, see the hot girl he's set up with, and feel like Ichigo is trying to ruin their wish fulfilment? 02 is objectively a heinous, dangerous "person" but all people seem to be able to say is "Damn that Ichigo bitch for butting in and getting between 02 and Hiro!"

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Oh I totally agree she's on the right side of the crazy to hot. Hiro gets one more ride until he dies of the yellow AIDS.

What I don't get is that people who talk about this show seem to hate Ichigo. I don't understand why. Is it because they put themselves in the shoes of Hiro, see the hot girl he's set up with, and feel like Ichigo is trying to ruin their wish fulfilment? 02 is objectively a heinous, dangerous "person" but all people seem to be able to say is "Damn that Ichigo bitch for butting in and getting between 02 and Hiro!"

Shippers gonna ship. So far Hiro has three people wanting his bod, but because of his past he only wants the horny girl, as he should. The rest of those triangles are just teen love triangles for the sake of drama. I do feel a little sorry for Goro, because he's getting a raw deal, but he is definitely full beta. I hope Hiro just shoots Ichigo down next episode and runs off in the middle of battle for Zero Two. They really do need to have that conversation about when they were kids, and how badly Papa fucked them.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
What I don't get is that people who talk about this show seem to hate Ichigo. I don't understand why.

Ichigo is being objectively retarded due to her feelings for Hiro. Trying to keep him safe is understandable, but turning the whole squad against Zero Two and not allowing her to explain anything or even speak to HIro is idiotic.

Goro is the only sane one.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Ichigo is being objectively retarded due to her feelings for Hiro. Trying to keep him safe is understandable, but turning the whole squad against Zero Two and not allowing her to explain anything or even speak to HIro is idiotic.

Goro is the only sane one.

How is Ichigo being retarded? As a leader she is trying to keep a psychopathic murderer away from both her team and the man she loves. The whole squad SHOULD be turned against Zero Two because as cute as she is, she's an inhuman monster who has murdered dozens, if not hundreds of people.

There is no possible explanation or justification for Zero Two's actions and Hiro should be kept away from Zero Two for his own good.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ichigo isn't sane at all, she is ruled by her desire to have Hiro choose her to be with... even though she knows it won't happen. Only the blonde girl had enough empathy / courage to speak out against Ichigo and make her allow Zero Two / Hiro have a chance to talk, but of course it was too late. Zero Two is the way she is due to how she has been treated by everyone around her. Hiro (child) was the only person to show her any kindness (other than the woman who gave her the book)... this had a profound effect on Zero Two (he even named her) such that her whole reason for being was to become human to be with her Darling. Now she knows that Hiro is the boy she met, though finding that out in a horrible way. I'm just disappointed that we'll have to sit through more tedious shit with Ichigo / Hiro.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Ichigo isn't sane at all, she is ruled by her desire to have Hiro choose her to be with... even though she knows it won't happen. Only the blonde girl had enough empathy / courage to speak out against Ichigo and make her allow Zero Two / Hiro have a chance to talk, but of course it was too late. Zero Two is the way she is due to how she has been treated by everyone around her. Hiro (child) was the only person to show her any kindness (other than the woman who gave her the book)... this had a profound effect on Zero Two (he even named her) such that her whole reason for being was to become human to be with her Darling. Now she knows that Hiro is the boy she met, though finding that out in a horrible way. I'm just disappointed that we'll have to sit through more tedious shit with Ichigo / Hiro.

Why the hell should Zero Two and Hiro be given a chance to speak to each other? She tried to kill him and one more ride with her and he will turn into a Klaxosaur and you know he's going to be a dumbass about it.

I don't care about Zero Two's sob story, she would have happily drained Hiro dry until she found out who he was. It's too late for remorse. She deserves no sympathy, and if she wasn't so useful, frankly she should be put down.

moonarchia moonarchia This is what I'm talking about with the Zero Two fawning and Ichigo hate. It's completely irrational and I can only assume that people do it because Zero Two is hot.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just started watching the new Full Metal Panic. I really liked the older version of this show, when it first aired back in the single digit 2000's.

I remember there was an episode with that Chidori girl getting stalked at her apartment or whatever. She was on the brink of tears, begging anyone for help, but it wasn't going to arrive in time. Suddenly, she manned up and fixed the problem by herself. It was a really good bit of character development for her. I wish I remembered what episode (or even which season) of this show it was.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Why the hell should Zero Two and Hiro be given a chance to speak to each other? She tried to kill him and one more ride with her and he will turn into a Klaxosaur and you know he's going to be a dumbass about it.

I don't care about Zero Two's sob story, she would have happily drained Hiro dry until she found out who he was. It's too late for remorse. She deserves no sympathy, and if she wasn't so useful, frankly she should be put down.

@moonarchia This is what I'm talking about with the Zero Two fawning and Ichigo hate. It's completely irrational and I can only assume that people do it because Zero Two is hot.

So indulging her own feelings while denying Hiro's is a good thing? It's better to keep everyone ignorant and not allow any communication so people can try to figure out what's going on? Not allowing Hiro to ride with Zero Two any more is perfectly reasonable (though I would argue that's not Ichigo's call to make), but not allowing them to have a damn conversation is stupid.

Zero Two isn't human, was treated terribly and outright tortured as part of the experiments on her. She's a monster who has done some bad shit. Some of the blame is on her, but plenty of blame is on Papa and those in charge of Zero Two.

Just as some of Zero Two's behavior can be explained or excused because of that, so can some of Ichigo's. She and the rest of the squad are barely functional as far as their emotions go, having had very little guidance growing up. They're pretty much disposable parts to operate the Franxx, just like the partners that Zero Two has killed.

Everyone has made plenty of bad decisions here. I just think Ichigo's unilateral decision to force Zero Two out and not allow any contact with Hiro is pretty stupid. She should have at least talked to each of them and tried to gather enough information to make an informed decision. Instead she made a snap, emotional decision which made the whole situation worse.

This is why we watch the show.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
So MEGALOBOX

Best show I have watched in a few seasons.

Loving the art and the plot lets hope it continues to kick ass.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

moonarchia moonarchia This is what I'm talking about with the Zero Two fawning and Ichigo hate. It's completely irrational and I can only assume that people do it because Zero Two is hot.
You seem to be the irrational one here with your rabid dislike for Zero Two, maybe because she is hot? My opinion about Ichigo has nothing to do with Zero Two though, her actions in that latest episode were purely selfish and ultimately damaging to everyone. Zero Two will only remain a "monster" for as long as she is apart from Hiro... I would think this has been made abundantly clear by now.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

I'm just happy to enjoy the show. I can understand either point of view. Ichigo has been moist for Hiro since they were children, so she's not 100% objective about him. Hiro is oblivious to this. Goro is not. I can understand wanting to keep Hiro and zero Two apart, but that's not in the cards, so I'd rather them get it on, and have ultra powaa pink demon babies that will unite humans and klaxxosaurs in a sexual utopia.

Side bet: Klaxxosaurs are the cast off bits of the "adults" who are sexless/emotionless/etc.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
You seem to be the irrational one here with your rabid dislike for Zero Two, maybe because she is hot? My opinion about Ichigo has nothing to do with Zero Two though, her actions in that latest episode were purely selfish and ultimately damaging to everyone. Zero Two will only remain a "monster" for as long as she is apart from Hiro... I would think this has been made abundantly clear by now.

Of course I rabidly dislike Zero Two. She is a villain. She is evil. She is a horrible monster. A better question, is why don't YOU rabidly dislike Zero Two?

So indulging her own feelings while denying Hiro's is a good thing? It's better to keep everyone ignorant and not allow any communication so people can try to figure out what's going on? Not allowing Hiro to ride with Zero Two any more is perfectly reasonable (though I would argue that's not Ichigo's call to make), but not allowing them to have a damn conversation is stupid.

What on earth are you talking about? We know exactly what is going on. The characters know exactly what is going on. Hiro and Zero Two are aware of who each other are. The other characters are aware that Zero Two drains her co-pilots to try to sustain her own humanity. Everyone knows that Zero Two tried to kill Hiro. What exactly are they supposed to talk about?

Zero Two isn't human, was treated terribly and outright tortured as part of the experiments on her. She's a monster who has done some bad shit. Some of the blame is on her, but plenty of blame is on Papa and those in charge of Zero Two.

Just as some of Zero Two's behavior can be explained or excused because of that, so can some of Ichigo's. She and the rest of the squad are barely functional as far as their emotions go, having had very little guidance growing up. They're pretty much disposable parts to operate the Franxx, just like the partners that Zero Two has killed.

Yes Papa and the rest of the adults are awful, awful "people" - that may explain some of Zero Two's behaviour but it doesn't EXCUSE any of it. She may look human but she is not. Much the same as a rabid dog needs to be put down, despite it not being the dog's fault, she also needs to be put down. The only reason she isn't is because all the adults in this world are corrupt and she is useful.

Everyone has made plenty of bad decisions here. I just think Ichigo's unilateral decision to force Zero Two out and not allow any contact with Hiro is pretty stupid. She should have at least talked to each of them and tried to gather enough information to make an informed decision. Instead she made a snap, emotional decision which made the whole situation worse.

She has enough information. She knows Hiro will die in one more ride. She knows Zero Two tried to kill Hiro. The damn strangle marks are around his neck. Hiro's feelings be damed, he needs to be kept away from Zero Two for his own good. That's not the way the anime will go, but it's the way any logical person would act.

Imagine your real life. Someone who you love has fallen in with a bad person. That person has some mental problems that makes them unstable. Then you find out they are a mass murderer and that your loved one had a close shave with death. Wouldn't you do everything you could to keep the bad person and your loved one apart?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Chysamere has the right of it. I think one hope is that Hiro would turn, still be like he was, help Zero become a better creature, and everyone else happily follow along? That sounds pretty stupid but the series has some interesting background. People just like a good love story? Just let them get it on! Furries unite lol! Ichigo is definitely the sane, empathetic one here so her opinion should hold more weight but she's also the quiet, somewhat submissive girl. Zero has that wild side that can be pretty awesome even if it's bad for you.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
moonarchia moonarchia 70% of the people in this reddit thread have lost their mind, I haven't seen this level of character bashing in a long, long time.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I don't hate Ichigo. I just don't want that skank getting between the True Romance of 02 and Hiro!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users