Spring 2018 Anime Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Magical Girl Ore is a send up to magical girl shows. Watched ep 1 last night. The panty shot after the transformation... lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Seriously, try the light novel. The writing is incredible. I really liked the anime, so that's why I tried it. The writing is so much better than the anime portrayed.

Based on the light novels, season 2 of DanMachi would be...
The next major focus of the novels is a war between everyone's favorite, Hestia family, and the light god, Apolo family. He wants to "take" Bell from Hestia because the silver haired goddess that was responsible for most of the problems in season 1 likes him so much.

This would be an incredible season 2. I can't wait.
Hey dude, did you ever check out NovelUpdates?

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka - Novel Updates

they show every and all lightnovels from chinese/korean/japan, and links to the current translator groups and releases.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
No, never saw that one before. I usually pick up the first few issues from a guy named DarkMeeps on nyaa. Then if I like a story, I'll buy the remainder of them on Amazon.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Just binged black lagoon for no particular reason. Enjoyed the hell out of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
3D Kanojo Real Girl -|- Nerd starts dating this hot chick for 6 months until she moves to a new school.

Uma Musume – Pretty Derby -|- Horse girls. It was entertaining. Nothing else to say about it.

Gurazeni -|- This is a show about professional baseball. But it isn't really a sports anime. It's more of a money anime. This is what players are worth, and it's the story of a pitcher that makes a smaller pro fee trying to better himself.

Megalo Box -|- Everyone's right. Very old style graphics (read: not a lot of detail). The show was interesting enough. I'll give it a shot, but it may be one that I quickly pull the plug on. Depends on the next episode or two.

Sword Art Online Alternative - Gun Gale Online -|- The name says it all. It's the world of SAO's Gun Gale, but it doesn't involve Kirito or anyone else from the main anime.
I want to update this list a little bit.

Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai -|- High school guy who works for his grandfather's coffee shop meets a pretty blonde foreign girl. I guess this is a rom-com, but the first episode was decent.

Souten no Ken Re-Genesis -|- This might as well be called Street Fighter the Anime. The art style is exactly the same as the newest few Street Fighter games. And it's about these big martial artist guys that fight one another. I don't know if I'll like this, but the animation has my attention. This takes place in China. The first episode was decent enough to warrant a 2nd episode.

Rokuhoudou Yotsuiro Biyori -|- Slice of life show about a tea & sweets shop. I don't know why I liked it, but it kept my attention anyway. *shrugs* I'll try #2 and see how it goes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Golden Kamuy was surprisingly good, will continue to watch.
Steins Gate: 0, also good, glad to have this series back.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Golden Kamuy was surprisingly good, will continue to watch.
With action like this, I can understand why.

IkXaQ9V.png

Ok, I didn't actually watch it. Just opened the episode and jumped around, saw that and giggled.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's also another show that I just noticed.
Isekai Izakaya - Koto Aitheria no Izakaya Nobu

It appears to have a very similar story to "Restaurant to Another World" from last summer. I haven't watched the first episode yet, but that's what the opening credits made me think of.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm liking Megalobox so far. I really enjoy the older art style.

Tried SAO, not impressed with the first episode, but it wasn't bad either. Will watch another episode or two before I decide whether I drop it or not.

• 1Like

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
There's also another show that I just noticed.
Isekai Izakaya - Koto Aitheria no Izakaya Nobu

It appears to have a very similar story to "Restaurant to Another World" from last summer. I haven't watched the first episode yet, but that's what the opening credits made me think of.

Yea, its basically the same thing, though apparently the books for this one came out first. Also, the episodes are shorter, and there's a live action cooking bit at the end, so slightly different format.

But it also has this bullshit that seems to be burned into the video, for the whole episode. The CR and HS versions both have it, and its not interesting enough to go any further out of my way to find a clean version.

isekai.PNG

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yea, its basically the same thing, though apparently the books for this one came out first. Also, the episodes are shorter, and there's a live action cooking bit at the end, so slightly different format.

But it also has this bullshit that seems to be burned into the video, for the whole episode. The CR and HS versions both have it, and its not interesting enough to go any further out of my way to find a clean version.

View attachment 164758

I like it, but I don't think that people outside of Japan will get much out of it.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I want to update this list a little bit.

Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai -|- High school guy who works for his grandfather's coffee shop meets a pretty blonde foreign girl. I guess this is a rom-com, but the first episode was decent.

If you continue watching this, can you let me know if they get together/kiss at some point?

My wife loves romantic anime but hates it when they don't get together actually, which means like 90 fucking percent of them are out. Past couple have been great--Ore Monogatari!! and Tsuki ga Kirei--she really, really enjoyed (That little ending of the latter really saved the day). But I know better than to get my hopes up, and would rather not start watching one if its going to circle the drain the whole time because it ends up as a downer for her.

• 1Like

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
If you continue watching this, can you let me know if they get together/kiss at some point?

My wife loves romantic anime but hates it when they don't get together actually, which means like 90 fucking percent of them are out. Past couple have been great--Ore Monogatari!! and Tsuki ga Kirei--she really, really enjoyed (That little ending of the latter really saved the day). But I know better than to get my hopes up, and would rather not start watching one if its going to circle the drain the whole time because it ends up as a downer for her.
She's going to wind up being a princess or something, and I'm sure that will get in the way of them actually getting together. There's a blonde guy in the OP (her brother?) that I'm guessing will show up and tell her she can't date a commoner. Also, the Photography club president is obsessed with some idol, who is secretly one of the other club members, so there's another romance plot that probably won't get anywhere. Just speculation, but I think its going to be the type your wife hates.

In a similar vein, watched the first ep of Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii. Woman starts a new job, and desperately tries to hide the fact she's an otaku. On the first day, runs into an old friend from middle school that she used to nerd out with. He listens to her bitch the whole episode, and then at the end they decide to start dating. Probably just going to be about her learning its okay to be geeky, but it was pretty funny. And at the very least, looks like it will be about them in a relationship, rather than just trying to get there.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Darling: After all that progress... we get blue balled. Disappointed.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

Have her watch 3D Kanojo Real Girl. It's only on episode 2 right now, but they kiss on the first episode. So there's that. She might like it.

• 1Like