Spring 2021 Anime Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So was the the final / final episode for Spider, as in there won't be a new season in Fall/Winter?
Apparently hey skipped so much content that it's very possible we could get multiple canon 'filler' seasons similar to Slime Diaries. Dunno if the main story is progressed enough for another normal season though.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So was the the final / final episode for Spider, as in there won't be a new season in Fall/Winter? If so, much sad. Also Xarpolis Xarpolis :
Don't read this, there will be spoilers.
So the Wakaba that Shun and the rest meet in this episode is the Deity version, right? Is it the powered up version, or the powerless version? Can the Admin(s) still take her out if they wanted too?
The girl you see walking around with her eyes closed is the full blown deity version, after she has regained her powers. As the episode closes, you can kind of see why she walks around with her eyes closed. In her last spider form she had the 8 spider eyes + 2 human eyes. Deity form has the 2 human eyes, but there's 4 extra pupils in each eye. She thinks it looks freaky, so she always keeps her eyes closed. But with her magic, she's able to see through her eyelids, so it doesn't affect her at all. But now people just assume she's a normal person.

The human body on the upper part of the spider is visually the same as the deity version.

I have even more spoilers that go way farther than what I just typed. I'll PM anyone if they want to know more. I've read the current 11 translated light novels. The 12th novel comes out on July 20th.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The CGI in spider is god awful. It feels like I'm watching knights of Sidonia. I'm not a fan of this garbage GCI.

They need to seriously revamp the industry, pay better salaries to the animators and slow down the output pace of releasing anime. It is ridiculous that even if you have a huge it like AOT that your animators are not getting paid a decent wage and have to slave away.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Apparently hey skipped so much content that it's very possible we could get multiple canon 'filler' seasons similar to Slime Diaries. Dunno if the main story is progressed enough for another normal season though.
I would say its less they skipped stuff, and more the books are written in a very out of order, not linear timeline. It is easier to follow in the books, cause they are long form and the jumps are less drastic, but it is working at least 4 different time periods simultaneously, but not telling you that. You just have to pay attention to who is there, what age etc. Again, if I hadn't read the books I'd find the anime very jarring in trying to keep up with all the different events.

Next we should have a good bit of Spider and Demon Lord stuff, but the anime will most likely keep mixing in human 'current era' stuff, with also a jump back to Shun's big brother and how Spider's actions earlier directed his life.

In a way, Spider has basically been the point of gravity for how a lot of events of the world have happened since her birth, and they keep bouncing around to tell her story, and then to tell how it affected other parts of the world, or how other beings perceived it vs her point of view. It works pretty well in the books, but I expect it to continue to be a bit of confusion before eventually threads start to come together.