Spring 2021 Anime Thread

Malkav

French Madman
Both shows probably had an additional TV slot reserved and chose to fill it like that.

Better than dropping a mid season recap in a 13 episodes show to fill your TV slots.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They're not ufotable but at the speed they're cranking things up i don't care.

Don't know about that. Jujutsu Kaisen is just as good as Demon Slayer on the animation front.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Fruits basket is over. Top tier series. A+ Will watch again.
Fuck me. Time to get that basket of onions out and watch that final episode. Not gonna lie, I did the same thing when I read the ending many years ago.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Fuck me. Time to get that basket of onions out and watch that final episode. Not gonna lie, I did the same thing when I read the ending many years ago.

def bittersweet.

Never read the manga so this was all new to me, loved every minute of this journey. Top 3 fav for me.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
"The outsourced animation on multiple episodes completely broke down, and Millepensee had to redo it all from scratch."

Naoya Fukushi, who served as a CG assistant at Tengu Kobo on the So I'm a Spider, So What? (Kumo desu ga, Nani ka?) anime, took to Twitter last Friday to explain the show's production issues in the wake of the delay of the 24th episode. His tweets are translated as follows:

There are a lot of insensitive tweets from people who don't know the production situation. The outsourced animation on multiple episodes completely broke down, and Millepenseehad to redo it all from scratch. The staff ended up being too busy for the later episodes that were set aside for them, which is a large reason for the poor quality. The staff are quite literally killing themselves to deal with this. Please be patient with the delay...
I do agree with the sentiment that regardless of the situation at the studio, what ultimately matters is what gets broadcasted. No matter what the reason, missing the broadcast is heavily frowned upon. But I made this tweet because I just wanted people to know that my friends' studio is battling desperately for the sake of this anime. And the people who are slinging insults won't stop until someone takes their own life.
The episode was originally slated to air last Friday. The official website for the anime announced last Thursday that the staff is delaying the 24th episode due to production issues. The episode has been rescheduled for Saturday.

The anime premiered on January 8. It was previously slated to premiere last year, but the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) greatly affected the anime's production schedule.
Shin Itagaki (Teekyū, Berserk 2016, Cop Craft) is directing the anime at Millepensee, with Shinichiro Ueda as assistant director. Okina Baba, the author of the original novels, is collaborating with Yūichirō Momose (Infinite Dendrogram, My Sister, My Writer) for head writing duties. Kii Tanaka (Hitori Bocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu, Hinomaru Sumo) is drawing the character designs. Masahiko Suzuki, Ryō Hirata, and Hiromi Kimura are credited for monster design. Tomohiro Yoshida is the chief animator. Shinji Nagaoka is the art director, while Chieko Hibi is the color designer. Hideki Imaizumi is the director of photography, Takashi Sakurai is in charge of editing, and Kazuo Yamaguchi is credited as the CG director, with exsa as the CG animation studio. ENGI is credited for CG animation production assistance. Shūji Katayama is composing the music.
The official website for the television anime of Okina Baba's So I'm a Spider, So What? (Kumo desu ga, Nani ka?) novels announced on Thursday that the delayed 24th and final episode has been rescheduled to this Saturday, July 3. The episode was originally slated to air on Friday, June 25, but was delayed due to production issues.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Considering this is the studio that gave us Berserk 2016, I'm surprised things have turned out as well as they have.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Nobody's talked about it, so I guess I'll mention cestus was decent. Animation is kinda wonky, but if you like history it's actually quite interesting on that regard.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Nobody's talked about it, so I guess I'll mention cestus was decent. Animation is kinda wonky, but if you like history it's actually quite interesting on that regard.
Ancient Roman samurai story. But yes, it was all right.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Cestus was 3 d trash, but the anime itself was ok. The sad part is there was a couple of episodes that went in 2D (the first one was for the most part) and it looked MUCH MUCH Better than that 3d shit they switched to.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Cestus was 3 d trash, but the anime itself was ok. The sad part is there was a couple of episodes that went in 2D (the first one was for the most part) and it looked MUCH MUCH Better than that 3d shit they switched to.
Yea, better animation might have pushed this up to one of the better shows of the season. It wasn't aggressively bad beserk levels of 3d animation, but definitely could have been better. For someone who thinks learning about roman boxing might be fun, well you'll probably enjoy it. Anyone else can easily pass.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
ya i mean it's still 3d trash, but some of the moves and characters moving around the arena were actually pretty fluid for once.

This def would have made a pretty good 2 D anime. I still watched cause i'm trash.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Fruits basket is over. Top tier series. A+ Will watch again.

Have to fire shots

1625325345848.png

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So was the the final / final episode for Spider, as in there won't be a new season in Fall/Winter? If so, much sad. Also Xarpolis Xarpolis :
Don't read this, there will be spoilers.
So the Wakaba that Shun and the rest meet in this episode is the Deity version, right? Is it the powered up version, or the powerless version? Can the Admin(s) still take her out if they wanted too?

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Well Shadows House is at and end, for now anyway. What a ride. So many questions answered and yet so many new ones come to mind. Really would like a S2 if possible. This I think will motivate me to find the Manga and read it to see how it goes. Will definitely buy the Blu Ray if it comes out.

When John asked Kate to marry and Kate turned him down I think she didn't want him to get involved with whatever her true plan is. Too late for that now, he's very involved.

Hopefully she will give him another chance after this. Definitely proved he is down to do whatever it takes with her.

Kate's soot powers are pretty neat. Love the angel wings ability.

ShadowsHouseKateEmilico.jpeg

Also, I'm glad that Shirley actually survived through Rum. I guess the soot creatures survive even though they fall apart as ash.

Really will miss this every week. My Saturdays will be much less without Vivy, 86 and Shadows House.

Vivy had the banger openings but Shadows house really did have a great ending.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
So was the the final / final episode for Spider, as in there won't be a new season in Fall/Winter? If so, much sad. Also Xarpolis Xarpolis :
Don't read this, there will be spoilers.
So the Wakaba that Shun and the rest meet in this episode is the Deity version, right? Is it the powered up version, or the powerless version? Can the Admin(s) still take her out if they wanted too?
Given that she's the one who murdered Shun's hero brother and his entire army with one spell, I would hazard to say it's not the powerless version