Spring 2021 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Leon

<Silver Donator>
How can 86 keep stabbing me in the heart every fucking week like this?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Shadows House is really shaping up to be very interesting. Most things laid bare this week. Not sure how many episodes are left but hoping for a seasons 2 because this won't all get resolved in 1 or 2 episodes for sure.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Vivy was a great series. I dug the end, but it felt rushed in certain places. I'll have to watch it again because I was eating at the same time, then putting my son to bed for nap time.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Vivy was a great series. I dug the end, but it felt rushed in certain places. I'll have to watch it again because I was eating at the same time, then putting my son to bed for nap time.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it does feel like they could have made it as a 20+ episode show. It would have been nice to see some parts of it get more time.

How can 86 keep stabbing me in the heart every fucking week like this?

Prepare for more, there's a special next week then season 2 is supposed to arrive in the fall.

We're also getting more Tanya the Evil. That will be fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it does feel like they could have made it as a 20+ episode show. It would have been nice to see some parts of it get more time.

Prepare for more, there's a special next week then season 2 is supposed to arrive in the fall.

We're also getting more Tanya the Evil. That will be fun.
More 86 is good news. I'm sure I will have a bag of onions nearby.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Damn Vivy...what and ending. Gonna definitely be buying the Blu-ray of that one.
It was bitter sweet. For the longest Vivi's soundtrack, specially the heavy use of piano(which I personally love) and the ending theme are very very similar to "We were lovers" from

Which everyone should watch by the way, an anime version of The Count of Montecristo.

So back to vivy. Dont read without watching the final.

The ending song and sequence was 10/10 with great moments such Matzumoto taking one (bullet/satelite) for vivy and the team. Hologram girl was a dirty move from the archive.
And the song was good, it wasn't the "instant nut" moment as it wasn't the opening song, but it was very satisfying.

I guess this show's instant nut moment was on the island when Vivi fully embraces her mission and hops on a matsumoto jet.

I will forgive the animators the non sensical part of matsumoto warping to outer space in order to intercept the satellite.

Also the animation on this show is so well done I may rewatch this on English to see if it as good as the Japanese.

• 2Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
SSSS.Dynazenon came to a satisfying end. I hope Trigger has more shows planned for this universe.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Fuuuuck. :emoji_point_up:

The official website for the television anime of Okina Baba's So I'm a Spider, So What? (Kumo desu ga, Nani ka?) novels announced on Thursday that the staff is delaying the 24th episode due to production issues. The website did not report when the episode will eventually air or stream. The episode was originally slated to air on Friday.

The anime premiered on January 8 on AT-X, Tokyo MX, BS11, KBS Kyoto, Sun TV, and TV Aichi. The anime will run for two consecutive cours (quarters of a year). Crunchyroll is streaming the anime as it airs in Japan. The company also announced plans to stream an English dub. The anime was previously slated to premiere last year, but the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) greatly affected the anime's production schedule.

Crunchyroll describes the anime:

I, the protagonist, was just an ordinary high school girl, but suddenly I was reincarnated as a spider monster in a fantasy world. Not only that, but I awakened in a dungeon filled with vicious monsters. Armed with only my human knowledge and my overwhelming positivity, I'm forced to use spiderwebs and traps to defeat far stronger monsters just to stay alive... So begins the labyrinth survival story of a girl with incredible mental strength living as one of the lowest-ranked beasts!

Shin Itagaki (Teekyū, Berserk 2016, Cop Craft) is directing the anime at Millepensee, with Shinichiro Ueda as assistant director. Okina Baba, the author of the original novels, is collaborating with Yūichirō Momose (Infinite Dendrogram, My Sister, My Writer) for head writing duties. Kii Tanaka (Hitori Bocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu, Hinomaru Sumo) is drawing the character designs. Masahiko Suzuki, Ryō Hirata, and Hiromi Kimura are credited for monster design. Tomohiro Yoshida is the chief animator. Shinji Nagaoka is the art director, while Chieko Hibi is the color designer. Hideki Imaizumi is the director of photography, Takashi Sakurai is in charge of editing, and Kazuo Yamaguchi is credited as the CG director, with exsa as the CG animation studio. ENGI is credited for CG animation production assistance. Shūji Katayama is composing the music.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i'd kill every single one of you without the least bit of remorse if it meant getting this episode on time.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
i'd kill every single one of you without the least bit of remorse if it meant getting this episode on time.
serious reese witherspoon GIF

• 2Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
pop-quiz-hot-shot.jpg

Which is worse?

A: Spider show with no spider.

B: Delayed spider show.

I'll take B. At least then it has a chance to be good.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I assume whatever arc they're setting up with the back half of Season 5 is going to continue on into Season 6, but they better not pick on my boy Jeanist any more than they already have.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Mappa again?

Is there anything these mother fuckers can't do right now? Jesus fuck.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Everything mappa does lately has some really good polished animation. They're not ufotable but at the speed they're cranking things up i don't care.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I thought that Vivy was over last week, but they just released an episode 13.5 that recaps the whole story. Hmm...

Actually, back on the seasonal summary, it said Vivy was a 13 episode run total. So, hmm.... Maybe it did way better than expected, so they tried to capitalize on it by creating a 14th episode out of stuff that wasn't good enough previously?

vivy.png

• 2Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I thought that Vivy was over last week, but they just released an episode 13.5 that recaps the whole story. Hmm...

Actually, back on the seasonal summary, it said Vivy was a 13 episode run total. So, hmm.... Maybe it did way better than expected, so they tried to capitalize on it by creating a 14th episode out of stuff that wasn't good enough previously?

View attachment 360245

The "special" for 86 was the same, just a recap episode. That would have made more sense to release close to the start of season 2 in the fall.

• 1Like