Spring 2023 Anime Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sir, you need help.
You aren't wrong. I stick to comedies, shonen, and the occasional slice of life because even the heaviest emotional stuff in them slides right off like water off a ducks feathers. Oshi latched on to a subconscious fear to slip through my usual indifference/detachment and shank me emotionally, and now some part of my brain has trouble understanding that memory is from a TV show, not real life. So basically I have a little Doomguy on my shoulder teling me to rip and tear until it is done.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
You aren't wrong. I stick to comedies, shonen, and the occasional slice of life because even the heaviest emotional stuff in them slides right off like water off a ducks feathers. Oshi latched on to a subconscious fear to slip through my usual indifference/detachment and shank me emotionally, and now some part of my brain has trouble understanding that memory is from a TV show, not real life. So basically I have a little Doomguy on my shoulder teling me to rip and tear until it is done.

That's a testament to how well that scene was executed (no pun intended). That shit was just visceral.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Oshi is exactly the kind of shit I avoid like the plague. Slept like shit last night because I can't shake this feeling that I've witnessed a profound cosmic injustice that needs to be righted.
Hopefully the rest of the season right there...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Hopefully the rest of the season right there...

yeah like i said, Erased vibes. hopefully minus the going downhill over time. also am i retarded and missed it or or did the two kids never figure out the insanely fucking obvious fact about who they were? soon as the girl started talking first thoughts were "oh its the cancer girl".

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
yeah like i said, Erased vibes. hopefully minus the going downhill over time. also am i retarded and missed it or or did the two kids never figure out the insanely fucking obvious fact about who they were? soon as the girl started talking first thoughts were "oh its the cancer girl".
Part that annoyed me the most was the time jump to the future or kid having to use hair to figure out who his father is. Why the fuck wouldn't he start a plan now and carry it off before he got too old to exploit being an overly educated child, and from what people involved were saying, it seems they knew who his father was, so why not ask or exploit that. The whole flip the table, now this is what the show is about came off as stupid, despite it supposedly being a eureka moment.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As long as we see this happen, I'll be ok with the show.

rhs-oshi-cap-2.jpg

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the monsters so far are excellent.
Mappa shows are always top tier, and hells paradise is definitely awesome so far, just haven’t felt like there’s much to talk about yet.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The monsters in hell's paradise give me huge berserk vibe.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oshi hit me hard. At first, I watched like... 11 minutes to see the dude die. Then I shut it off, thinking yeah... I know what this is gonna be. Then you guys started talking about it, so I started it up again. And I'll be damned, I really liked it.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Anyway, after watching the 2nd episode of Oshi, I had a speculation.
Spoilering it just in case....
I had a thought about the while resurrection angle of the show. Being that both kids were brought back with memories, I wonder is Ai might get brought back as well.
The way I picture the story going is they spend the entire season just finding out who the dad is. It'll come to a point where the heavily believe it's this person, but the season ends with a "you are NOT the father!" type of situation. The kids are shattered. They swore it was finally going to be this person.
Then season 2 beings with Ai also being resurrected with her memories, and she's able to finally tell them who the real father is.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Welp just finished Bofuri and enjoyed it a lot. Hoping with the new characters introduced at the end we get a S3 someday.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Welp just finished Bofuri and enjoyed it a lot. Hoping with the new characters introduced at the end we get a S3 someday.
I wouldn't say I disliked it but Season1 was much better. She has so many absurd abilities now that machine god has gone from trump card to default mode, and coop pve doesnt feel like it has particularly high stakes as a climax.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Thoughts on a few shows so far :

Iseleve - fat sweaty nerd wish fulfillment fantasy, but the surprisingly wholesome kind where the fat sweaty nerd is actually a nice guy. Enjoyed this so far.

Tengoku Daimakyo - I have no idea what's going on, but I dig it.

Hell's Paradise - only watched the first episode so far, sort of lukewarm on it.

Oshi No Ko - What the shit. I feel like I have been trolled by an unexpectedly beautiful work of art. Even if the rest of it is the direst form of garbage, I'd still put the first episode of that as the thing you would watch if you were only going to watch one thing this season. Which is weird, as my initial reaction on reading the synopsis was 'Lol, no.'

KonoSuba - Fun, and funny. What's not to like ? I cracked up at the wishes.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
In Heavenly Delusion the brother sister brain transplant may be too much retardation for me.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
re: Demon Slayer

I don't know why I expected more setup time than this but they're jumping right into it already. Upper Four seems to split into different emotions every time so I'm betting Mitsuri comes back (or didnt really leave in the first place) to kill him. I think Upper Five is gonna kill someone important to Tanjiro from surprise, either one of the Hashiras or maybe Haganezuka.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
How did the demons find the swordsmith village exactly? Dude just said Gyokko did?