Spring 2023 Anime Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't have a shrine set up for anime. But I save the ones I really like, so I can randomly re-watch them. Though realistically, I only do that before a new season comes out. I remember liking the care free style of original KonaSuba, but I never cared about it enough to warrant a rewatch. Where as you fags must have shrines set up or some shit. You bring weeb up to a new level. Probably broke out your waifu-pillow to watch this with you.
You're projecting hard with this shrine/weeb/waifu-pillow shit you sniveling little bitch. We give you shit about your terrible taste in anime because you have terrible fucking taste in anime. In previous seasons you would watch literally any garbage that aired, but then stuck your head as far up your own ass as it would go when we expressed astonishment that you wouldn't watch Kaguya-sama.

1680982296777.png

Kaguya season 3 is the 6th highest rated anime season OF ALL TIME on myanimelist. The OVA that just dropped is currently ranked 15th of all time although I'd be surprised to see it stay there. Season 2 is 69th all time, and season 1 is still in a strong position at 171st with a rating of 8.41. This isn't some random/obscure show that half the thread was trying to get you to watch, it's legitimately one of the most popular anime shows EVER MADE.

Then someone gives you shit after making dismissive comments about another wildly popular anime and you get so butthurt about it that you lash out with bullshit about anime shrines and waifu-pillows. Fuck off.

Oooooor...swallow your fucking pride and give Kaguya a fair chance, laugh your ass off, and all will be at peace once again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yea, my waifu pillows don’t have anime characters on them.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Megumin is one of the top selling merch characters ever. Due to pedo japs.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just watched the first episode of Iseleve (Cheat skill in another world and now amazing in this world too) and god damn do I love it. This is an unbeatable isekai masterpiece.

And just now watched Skip to Loafer. It's a slice of life about some girl who moves to Tokyo for High School. I don't like the animation at all, but the story and characters were nice. I may stick with it for another few weeks to see if it grabs me.

Next up is KonoSuba explosion. Been a long time since I watched the original KonoSuba. I don't really remember any of it. Shit, I just remembered there's a character that loves explosions, so I guess this is an anime about her. I've watched a little of the episode so far, and it's keeping my attention. I'll stick with it for now.
Dude what the fuck?

Aqua, Kazuma, and Darkness are some of the best anime characters ever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And yet I didn't remember any of their names. I enjoyed watching the show when it first came out, but never cared "that much" about it after the fact. Hell, I have a stronger connection to Re:Zero, or even Rascal dreams of Bunny-chan. Something about both shows stuck with me a little more than KonoSuba.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Tonight I'm watching a few different shows. First is Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou (Working for God in a Godless World). The regular animation looks ok but not amazing. Then it really shits the bed when a CGI monster enters. It's terrible. Aside from that, the story wasn't bad. I'm interested enough in seeing where it goes from here.

Next up is Yuusha ga Shinda! (Legendary Hero is Dead) - Animation style is decent enough. I don't like the opening song, though. Guy is a farmer in some small village. His neighbor is this hot big titted bitch that likes to complain about things. A demon attacks the village, but fortunately the guy dug this deep demon trap full of pointy sticks. Hero shows up to kill the demon, then falls into the trap and dies. It's unique, so I'll give it a shot.

Mahoutsukai no Yome S2 - Mage's Bride is back. I really liked the first season a lot, as well as the OVA's, so I'm gonna watch this as well. It's a very good story.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Man. I swear I hold my breath every time they go to see Muzan.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Mitsuri is completely psycho in Demon Slayer man.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
The design of the Demons and hashiras is just ao fucking good.

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The section leading up to the introduction of the other Uppers was superbly done; animation, direction and music. Great.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Watching the scientist demon guy was stunning. The animated boiling red liquid looked like someone just recorded real boiling red liquid. This animation is precious.

• 1Like

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
I've started 3, 2 of these I've already read.

1681237245235.png
Insomniacs After School - This is my favorite manga author, starting to get some success. This is her first work that's been adapted into anime and the only one I've been looking forward to watching. I like how she shows off regular everyday life with interesting stories. Fair warning, this one might get super sad.

1681238013539.png
The Dangers in My Heart - I got baited into reading this one because I thought the kid was going to go psycho. Turns out it's a very regular romance story with the girl way out of his league. Cringe factor is high but the characters held my interest. Also mention the jailbait FMC, try not to worry about it too much I guess.
1681239122999.png

1681239220583.png
Heavenly Delusion - Post apocalyptic adventure with magic and monsters. Just watched on a whim but I liked it, looking forward to more.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hey boys I heard you like retarded shit.

• 2WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hey boys I heard you like retarded shit.

Funny thing is that at least the retarded shit is trying to pioneer something new in an otherwise stale genre. I've been looking forward to vending machine ever since I heard about the manga, even if I end up dropping it an episode or two in it will probably still be the most entertainment i'll get out of an isekai this summer.

1681253844612.png

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Cheat Skill in Another World is actually kind of refreshing. Genuinely nice ugly guy tries to be kind to people even though they always shit on him, but becomes OP and still tries to be genuinely nice to people.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There was another new show that started today. Marginal Services. I gave it a try, and liked the first 75% of the show (for the most part... it kept my interest at least), but then the stupid fucking costumes and singing gun fire showed up, and.. yeah. This show sucks.