Standing Desk

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Anyone use one of these? I'm thinking of starting to, and looking for feedback, suggestions etc etc

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Don't know much about the desks, but quite a few people at work use them. The one thing I did notice is they all have an anti-fatigue mat to go with it so I would make sure to look out for one of those as well

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Work is promoting SCRUM and I guess part of that (or not, I have no idea) is standing desks. FUCK

I ENJOY SITTING

Khane

Got something right about marriage
All day standup meetings? Sounds cool bro.

Why not just give everyone a treadmill while they're at it?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nothing like trying to type or read while walking.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Everyone I know with standing desks get rid of them after like 2 months

Tenks

Is it possible to use a standing desk without looking pretentious?
Yes when you inevitably have to sit down and your chair is raised as high as it goes and your keyboard is about at level with your chin you look like a retard instead of a douche

Tenks

My friend and I once met some Bengals cheerleaders at a dance/bar style place. We were talking to them for a while, dancing with them and all of a sudden one of them told my friend she refuses to have sex outside of marriage then was grilling him on his sexual past. It killed the mood.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Nothing like trying to type or read while walking.
It's really not hard if you're walking at a slow, steady pace (2mph or so). I used to read and type all the time while walking on the treadmill at about that speed without any problems.

My biggest concern with using a standing desk with a treadmill would be getting all sweaty and gross due to the constant exercise. That's not good in an office environment.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I've been standing with no mat, and no actual desk for a few days now to test the waters. My keyboard and mouse are a few inches lower than they should be, and the monitor is probably 18 inches too low, but I still kinda like it. I'm more prone to move around as well, since I'm already up.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I feel like the standing desk market has to be pretty sweet. People who are dumb enough to buy into standing desks are probably also dumb enough to buy into buying $40 worth of laminate, particle board and steel for $400 because the marketing has the same words as the standing desk marketing.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Quick, someone make a standing bed marketed towards hipsters and make a fortune. I call dibs on 10% for the idea.