Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

imijj_sl

shitlord
Oh good god the comments in that Reddit. There's more white knights there than a renaissance festival. Lol at all the excuses for everything as if the company has delivered anything at all yet.

"People complaining about the great deal they got, paying 45 each for to huge games is totally fair!" Birch, game ain't even in beta yet and they've been milking more people than Bernie Madoff for years now.
They recently transferred a lot of money to the studio making the single player game. It's pretty obvious at this point that the only thing that will see a legit release is the single player game with all of the actors and shit. And that's because Chris Roberts has always wanted to break into the movie industry, and he's delusional enough to think that will make it happen.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So what is the big stink about this two games stuff? So if you backed it already you get both games but if you wait then you have to purchase both games seperate?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea which whatever, but the response to the change is that you should buy it because they're so great... Those things which have not come out.

It's like Car and Driver releasing a one year road test update on a concept car and shilling to get people to order even though the MSRP just doubled for no particular reason than the manufacturer pulled a Pantheon and says "this is gonna rock!"

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So it's people bitching about nothing and people defending an unfinished game. I can't tell which cult is worse. The Ponzi scheme dipshits or the Chris Roberts is space jesus ones.

imijj_sl

shitlord
So it's people bitching about nothing and people defending an unfinished game. I can't tell which cult is worse. The Ponzi scheme dipshits or the Chris Roberts is space jesus ones.
Anyone who's paid even a little attention to this thing over the last year can see the writing on the wall. They raised over a 100 million dollars and all they're going to end up releasing is a single player, mocap-fest that no one ever asked for. They're running out of money and there are multiple employees acting as informants for various game magazines. They're previously cult-like message board is full of hate. The entire thing is burning to the ground.

Blackwulf

N00b
Anyone who's paid even a little attention to this thing over the last year can see the writing on the wall. They raised over a 100 million dollars and all they're going to end up releasing is a single player, mocap-fest that no one ever asked for. They're running out of money and there are multiple employees acting as informants for various game magazines. They're previously cult-like message board is full of hate. The entire thing is burning to the ground.
Imijj, Derek's calling you; dinner's ready!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Actually I have been paying attention and the majority of the bullshit on both sides has been bullshit. Repeating something over and over does not make it a fucking fact. The were going broke at 80 million, then 100 million, now they are going broke at 107 million. Those employees have no credible information on the finances and either do any of us. It is nothing but throw a bunch of shit at a wall to see what sticks under the cover of an "anon source".

Just maybe if people would actually admit they are speculating instead of saying shit like "it's common knowledge at RSI they are running out of money", they might be taken seriously. Instead we have a bunch of people with some weird fucking compulsion to get out their Chris Roberts voodoo dolls every other week. I wonder if this is just backlash in response to fanboys who will defend any criticism of the game.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Elite Dangerous is a legit game. Star Citizen is a ponzi scheme with a terrible physics simulator/tech demo.
Eh, E: D also has a bit of scamminess. They released a game with no content, promsied content updates, didn't deliver, then asked players who already owned the game to pay another 60 dollars for some super shallow new content.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Eh, E: D also has a bit of scamminess. They released a game with no content, promsied content updates, didn't deliver, then asked players who already owned the game to pay another 60 dollars for some super shallow new content.
In my opinion Elite released a sandbox where you can go wherever you want and fight/trade/smuggle/do local missions. It was everything I personaly expected, so I guess I dont get the "no content" part. They did introduce faction play after a while and now they released the (airless)planetary landing expansion. On one hand, yes it should probl. be included as a general update, on the other $120 (dont know if thats the correct price, I got in early in both Elite and SC so I got the Horizons thingy included) is still less then most ships they sell in SC so I dont get the uproar over it. I don?t know why it would be described as scamminess tho?

I have an honest questions to you in the know;

Since there seems to be some confusion about just what you are in for when you buy/donate/pledge to SC, can someone give me the lowdown on the situation? I notice that you have to pay VAT on the prices for the ships and some of them dont even come with the game, they are stand-alone. Would this not indicate that you are indeed buying a product and it is in fact not a pledge/donation for the development of the game (donations are generally extempt from VAT here in Europe). I can see how the kickstarter was a pledge/donation/whatever but once they moved on to selling stuff on their own webpage it gets murky for me.

This has made the whole debate rather obscure for me.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
A Elite is a sandbox where nothing you do has any impact on anything, and no matter where you go, all the missions are basically the same 20 'pick up thing' or 'kill guy.' There's absolutely nothing out there in the vast unpopulated space.

There's nothing I would call 'content.' There's no scripted missions or alien invasions. Powerplay was a flop. I don't really know what they're doing.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
A Elite is a sandbox where nothing you do has any impact on anything, and no matter where you go, all the missions are basically the same 20 'pick up thing' or 'kill guy.' There's absolutely nothing out there in the vast unpopulated space.

There's nothing I would call 'content.' There's no scripted missions or alien invasions. Powerplay was a flop. I don't really know what they're doing.
True enough. Elite is a sandbox, exactly what I enjoy in the game. I can do whatever I like and I dont have to do dailys, grind for rep or wft else. I collect my money, upgrade my ship(s) and roll along. This is no something everyone would like, and I can understand people wanting a "story" or impact on the world (in Powerplay you can actually make an impact, but its way to hard and has little importance to the whole of the universe). I can also understand that people would like to progress through a story, and I am sorta curious of SQ42 myself which is why I still hang in there with SC and hope for the best
smile.png

But yeah, my question stands; What is the truth when it comes to donate/pledge/buy things in SC?