Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

When it is finished. That's the advantage of not having a publisher, it doesn't get pushed out the door 6 months early and half assed patches to make it playable.

Variise

N00b
I like how you think that the "unified body animations" are an example of SC making good development decisions when they are a perfect example of them making retarded decisions. Yet another example of how you have no idea what you are talking about.

The reason everyone (including games I've worked on) have separate animations for first and third person is because it is far more efficient to do it that way. Not only do you not need some fancy system, but you also don't have to struggle with making content that satisfies multiple different, often conflicting, set of requirements.

Instead you just have to make animations that look good in third person, and then a different, usually much more simple, animation for the first person. It is easier and faster to create those two animations than a single animation that satisfies both criteria. It is also easier to optimize since you can use higher res models for the first person animation than for the third person animation without having to deal with LODing and other things that can cause annoying issues.

Ivo Herzeg explains why you don't know what you are talking about.

Same guy btw who wrote basically a dissertation on why you can't get this to work about 6 years ago. Ironic that he solved it.

Variise

N00b
Unlike virtually everyone commenting here I'm not an asshole. I gave you the exact time code without you asking. I have been doing this for a while now. Not that you or anyone else gave a shit. Clearly nobody reads anything I post or watches any of the videos I post and certainly nobody appreciates the fuck tons of hours I poured into it.

I love the shill/asshole/idiot/knownothing commentary considering I could have gloated over you people after the 2.0 presentation after these same people said all those things can't be done and won't be done by anyone especially CIG and they were all wrong yet I didn't. Now I know I should have since being belittled and publicly shamed is the only thing you people understand. I get it now.

Can't wait for the salt mine to open after 3.0 hits (probably early next year at this point) and the hour long SQ42 mission is shown (probably during the November or December live streams).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Did RSI build a database of videos for you to use against various talking points or do you spend every waking hour memorizing the video contents yourself?

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Unlike virtually everyone commenting here I'm not an asshole. I gave you the exact time code without you asking. I have been doing this for a while now. Not that you or anyone else gave a shit. Clearly nobody reads anything I post or watches any of the videos I post and certainly nobody appreciates the fuck tons of hours I poured into it.

Whaaa! You can take your false indignation with you into your sob-sterbation corner since I asked before you stealth edited the time-code in. Furthermore, I actually have watched all of the videos you've replied to me with, some of them very long (over an hour) and not once have I found them in any way informative or contrary to my statements. This video was no exception.

The fact of the matter is that no one has implemented a unified rig because it makes absolutely no logical sense to. It has an atrocious cost-benefit (possibly even negative) ratio and good game production is all about maximizing your feature cost benefit. It has an extremely high start-up cost (as explained in the video) and it stands a good chance of making completed animations take longer (despite the line of BS in the video that it won't) given how different animation requirements are for first and third person cameras, and how much tweaking goes on post implementation.

If there is an animation issue with the first person perspective you cannot fix it without affecting the 3rd person animation. This leads to ping-ponging back and forth trying to get the same animation to satisfy the differing requirements of both cameras satisfactorily. It is a mathematical certainty that something is more difficult when it needs to fulfill more requirements rather than fewer requirements.

Most of the time spent on animations is not the initial implementation, but the post implementation tweaking, for which this system is inferior, not better, as explained above. Making a second (you don't need 3) rig for first person is not overly burdensome on initial implementation (which is probably 20% of the actual time spent to get something to release), and makes later changes, but especially optimizations, far faster and easier.

Once again you post a video that in no way proves my claim wrong, and in fact only supports part of my claim, that the system is costly to develop. They say that they hope in the future that it might save them implementation time, but I highly doubt that given what I know about producing multiplayer games with first person cameras considering I've actually done that.

The fact that their single player demo that has been in development for years at this point was delayed due to animations issues other further reinforces my statements. Everything we've seen so far has proven the skeptics correct.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Variise

N00b
Love how you can listen to a part of what Ivo has to say about it and ignore the parts that don't conform to your thinking. You fit in with these clowns perfectly.

• 1Like

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
CitizenCon 2017
2519d1412975468t-yo-cult-members-where-ya-bly_cult_members.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well as long as you add two features for every one you complete you'll never be held accountable!

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Looks like RSI has resorted to spending a portion of their budget on low quality 'grassroots' marketing. What part of India do you live in Variise? How much do you hate Pakistan? What is your favorite Curry dish?

• 1Like

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Looks like RSI has resorted to spending a portion of their budget on low quality 'grassroots' marketing. What part of India do you live in Variise? How much do you hate Pakistan? What is your favorite Curry dish?

chortled

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I don't want to be mean to Variise, cause I really want to experience his journey in devouring this turd sandwich of a game start to finish. Keep us updated buddy.

• 1Like

Variise

N00b
Hey Zapatta was Deliverance filmed near where you live? Just wondering where I need to have the doll sent so you can mark it for law enforcement and show where Chris Roberts touched you.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

What will launch first, Star Citizen or nukes from Pakistan into India?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Variise

N00b
I dunno. But based on your post quality I suspect your state might beat all of that to launch a ballot initiative for mandatory sterilization.