Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m shocked they don’t have double priced NFT ships yet. Announcing that could finally be the straw that breaks the company and perpetual cash flow.

Which is probably why they haven't done it YET. I'm sure they will but they have a model that is somehow working for them and they have to be careful not to break it by pushing the scam too far.

That said, I am 100% certain that they are looking for a way to have NFT. Their cult is the perfect base for something like that.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I was watching some videos of this and it actually looks pretty good, might re-install after not even looking at this game for 3-4 years now.

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Committed
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Careful Mist, he will be asking you to describe your erect penis size before the ship even takes off of the ground.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Fuck, I tend to judge games over their mods. Plenty of times I see a game get a meh score, then I se mod community that's a hopping place and I think "At least somehow I'll get some fun out of this" and the risk factor flips to lets give it a try.

Trying to shoot your moders moves you square into the "I don't trust you category" and I have no way out if this shit sucks, because your focus isn't the game I want. It's why I headshot Star citizen as dead on arrival as soon as they said walking in stations. No, that's not fun, that's not your game assholes.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Even if it never gets released, its still fun doing what you can do so far ;)

I just hate the part where you don't play for a month and when logging in you're back at one of the planets, not where you logged out.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Fuck, I tend to judge games over their mods. Plenty of times I see a game get a meh score, then I se mod community that's a hopping place and I think "At least somehow I'll get some fun out of this" and the risk factor flips to lets give it a try.

Trying to shoot your moders moves you square into the "I don't trust you category" and I have no way out if this shit sucks, because your focus isn't the game I want. It's why I headshot Star citizen as dead on arrival as soon as they said walking in stations. No, that's not fun, that's not your game assholes.
I'm a big fan of games that have a healthy mod community, but creating a living/breathing online world doesn't seem at all conducive to modding.

It was fun playing Freelancer on modded servers back in the day and would probably be fun to play SC on player-run servers if it wasn't a mess, but I don't think that's the vision for the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm a big fan of games that have a healthy mod community, but creating a living/breathing online world doesn't seem at all conducive to modding.

It was fun playing Freelancer on modded servers back in the day and would probably be fun to play SC on player-run servers if it wasn't a mess, but I don't think that's the vision for the game.
Check out Grim Dawn if you like ARPGs and haven’t already. Pretty amazing bunch of mods in that game. Remade Diablo 2 in their engine, massive class redesigns, entire world reworks. Pretty impressive.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

It has become abundantly clear to us that despite our best efforts to communicate the fluidity of development, and how features marked as Tentative should sincerely not be relied upon, the general focus of many of our most passionate players has continued to lead them to interpret anything on the Release View as a promise. We want to acknowledge that not all of you saw it that way; many took our new focus and our words to heart and understood exactly what we tried to convey. But there still remains a very loud contingent of Roadmap watchers who see projections as promises. And their continued noise every time we shift deliverables has become a distraction both internally at CIG and within our community, as well as to prospective Star Citizen fans watching from the sidelines at our Open Development communications.

SC stakeholders: Why are we having to increase our portion of the 'fan-based contributions' again?
CIG: "It's the damn fans muck-racking on our forums!!!!!"

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

I'm a huge fan of the X series. X4 is pretty awesome, which is pretty nice after the pukefest that was X afterbirth. Mods are definitely a thing.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Reigning in the roadmap is a positive step towards finalizing the feature list for launch, which is probably now only 2 decades away.
2 decades? Not possible, it's 5. I remember those billboards touting "now in beta" in Cyberpunk 2077.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Families are going to hand down the deeds to SC ships as family heirlooms for generations to come until one day some old bastard who is not even a twinkle in their great-great-great grandfather's eye will one day get to actually play them in the actually fully released game.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Families are going to hand down the deeds to SC ships as family heirlooms for generations to come until one day some old bastard who is not even a twinkle in their great-great-great grandfather's eye will one day get to actually play them in the actually fully released game.

We'll actually be building the starships IRL before the heirs get to play the game

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
We'll actually be building the starships IRL before the heirs get to play the game

One day kids will be playing Star Citizen while on a colonization ship on their way to alpha centauri.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
One day kids will be playing Star Citizen while on a colonization ship on their way to alpha centauri.
No, they'll just pivot to become an actual space exploration/tourism company because it's easier than delivering this game's feature list.

Last edited:

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I logged on yesterday and gunned for some dude flying an A2 transporter kind of thing bristling with manned turrets (I think it had 1 bottom front, 2 rear (top/bottom) and 2 on left and 2 on right. Did the XenoThreat type missions and gotten from 37k cash to like 470k, jebus but that was fun.

A2_Starlifter_Gallery_02_052021-Min.jpg

• 1Like