Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Uh, so I logged in for the first time in 3-4 years, spent an hour trying to figure out how to get to my ship, where do I find shit to shoot at?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm going to give Chris Roberts a little pass here. Why? Because I'm not forced to use his products. Nobody is making me drink his egregious snake oil. That's a choice.

On the other hand, the Technocratic Imperium of Microsoft is buying up all the shit and forcing me to use their shit and spying on me forever, so hey! Which is more evil?

The choice is clear.

• 2Moron
  • 1Picard
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From Squadron 42 Update for April (this ground breaking feature might take years!)(LINK):

2022-05-05 08.38.24 mailchi.mp ff95fda368e6.png

Dont worry, plenty of whales coming out to defend them on Reddit.

Also, they made another trailer, and the choice of topics and music is... interesting...as it perfectly sums up the whole Star Citizen project:

• 5Worf
  • 2Double Worf
  • 1Midwit
Reactions: 7 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At this rate this company might do something no gaming company has ever done. Run long enough for one game to actually leave a legacy for future children to inherit to keep the company going. I wonder if I will be alive when this game releases. It certainly looks nice enough.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Is this a joke? I am genuinely asking.
For the sheets:
I dont get the news letter, so I cant verify it 100%, but there were multiple reddit posts about it. Just did a search, and I guess it's been mentioned before (in a newsletter a year ago)(source):
l8w8zzqro5s61.png

As for the video, it was distributed from their official channel: HERE

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
I can't wait until they monetize bed sheets for your ship. Everyone better jump on the "$79.99 Egyptian Cotton" package when it goes on sale.

• 2Truth!
  • 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait until they monetize bed sheets for your ship. Everyone better jump on the "$79.99 Egyptian Cotton" package when it goes on sale.

the real money will start rolling it when they do the Pillow update.

megumin-hat-dakimakura_1800x1800.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 6 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

This is both stupid and awesome. It starts stupid then gets particularly awesome around the 13 minute mark but I suggest watching the whole thing if you have the time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

This is both stupid and awesome. It starts stupid then gets particularly awesome around the 13 minute mark but I suggest watching the whole thing if you have the time.
Not trying to be negative, but I can have fun with friends in just about any game. The game just looks sterile, and gives off this empty feeling. Which that may be realistic but thats not exactly a good game experience in my mind. Never mind the jhanky physics and poor ai showcased in that video.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not trying to be negative, but I can have fun with friends in just about any game. The game just looks sterile, and gives off this empty feeling. Which that may be realistic but thats not exactly a good game experience in my mind. Never mind the jhanky physics and poor ai showcased in that video.

This whole game is one big giant tech demo and not a real game at all.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users