Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
First time I've backed a game in development, but I went ahead and ordered that $45 dollar package that gives you access to the dogfight module. I used that "stripe" thing to pay with a CC, and don't have access to my package yet. Any idea how long it takes? Eh, no big rush
biggrin.png
Been a couple years since I pledged, but had access within 1 hour.

Blackwulf

N00b
Oh fuck. I'm feeling some serious cocaine-like addiction coming. Someone hide my wallet, I'm tempted to buy that fucking mining rig while it's got lifetime insurance.

Blackwulf

N00b
We're allowed only one crazy person in this thread and it's not you.
Yeah, yeah... I'll take it down some notches. I mean I am still learning about the whole company and game, I'm still not sure it's 100% legit or that it'll ever make it to a full release, but I WANT that fucking mining rig, lol. Crazy. You guys know what I'm talking about?Rugged Colossus: Orion Mining Platform - Roberts Space Industries

Haha, so fun. I hope these fuckers can pull it off.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Arg...if it was $250 ish I might pull the trigger.

I have two ships right now, and I realize I suck at dogfighting...this might be my ticket.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Arg...if it was $250 ish I might pull the trigger.

I have two ships right now, and I realize I suck at dogfighting...this might be my ticket.
Things I should never say and yet just did:

"Should I getanother$250 ship?"

EDIT: Now I see its $325.
frown.png
If only that completely banished the thought of getting it completely.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Or you could just play the game and earn the ships ingame instead of paying $250 to skip parts of the game.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Holy fuck that ship is cool, but $325 bucks!?!? I look forward to them reaching 80 million from selling a mining ship at $325 a pop.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If I buy the Mustang Alpha starter package now will I be able to upgrade it to a Mustang Delta when it comes out?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If I buy the Mustang Alpha starter package now will I be able to upgrade it to a Mustang Delta when it comes out?
Generally yes, they sell the upgrade from point A to point B packs.

Cool thing is (however much it will ultimately be worth) if you upgrade kickstarter lifetime insurance it will carry over to the upgraded versions.

Of course this could be the most expensive vaporware of all time.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's no way to get lifetime insurance anymore right? I didn't back originally. This game looks like it's starting to shape up and I think it's time to at least buy a starter package.

Unfortunately all my cards are cancelled at the moment. (Thanks, HomeDepotBama.)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I hate the idea of getting extras for money. Can I just pre-purchase the game and earn these items in it?
Yes. It's what I did for $45 or so. I think I have access to alphas but haven't bothered playing since they initially released the hangar thing. Back then I bought it because I love space combat sims and wanted to help give money to the project and was afraid it wouldn't get enough coverage!!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I dropped $45 only as well and I only installed it once a few months ago and the software was broken. The game froze up constantly. I had to reboot my PC.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Can someone explain to me why they're valuating a single ship at $325? That doesn't seem very cool of them.