Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Denaut

Trump's Staff
With 261 employees their burn rate is about ~$2.87M per month assuming standard industry costs.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Dis gunna be good

seinfeld-popcorn-gif.gif

Quaid

Trump's Staff
>It's all just disgruntled employees trying to destroy me!

Why do you have so many disgruntled employees you fucking egomaniac?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
You didn't read the whole thing did you?
I did. What's up?

Just read his 'response' too. Lmao. Instead of respond to actual allegations he chooses to attack the credibility of the writer, Derek Smart, and his former employees. Constant macho calls for the identities of the accusatory parties. Appeals to emotion littered throughout his 10,000 words of nothingness. Didn't really have an opinion on this before, but wow does his response paint him as an unstable lunatic.

My default setting is 'distrust the rich asshole with all your soul' though, so who knows.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I did. What's up?

Just read his 'response' too. Lmao. Instead of respond to actual allegations he chooses to attack the credibility of the writer, Derek Smart, and his former employees. Constant macho calls for the identities of the accusatory parties. Appeals to emotion littered throughout his 10,000 words of nothingness. Didn't really have an opinion on this before, but wow does his response paint him as an unstable lunatic.

My default setting is 'distrust the rich asshole with all your soul' though, so who knows.
The fact that you got Christ Roberts is an unstable lunatic out of that instead of Derrick Smart is confusing.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The fact that you got Christ Roberts is an unstable lunatic out of that instead of Derrick Smart is confusing.
...does Chris Roberts being an unstable lunatic exclude Derek Smart from being an unstable lunatic? I don't understand what you're talking about.

The allegations in the article are coming from former employees, not Smart.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Update: Cloud Imperium's head of communications David Swofford got in touch to clarify a few points. As various readers have pointed out, the reason for the higher prices is because of VAT laws within the EU:

"Euro laws mandate that VAT is included in the price. If Phil had his monitor turned on to US$ currency, then it will show up just as he depicted in his screen capture (assuming he had UK listed as his country). In the US, you aren't mandated to include sales tax in the selling price, but you can bet that when you get to check-out, that tax will be added (depending on the state where you are purchasing)."

In response to our comments that gift cards having VAT included on them meant that buyers were paying double VAT if they used the gift card - once for the gift card, then again on the items they purchased with the gift card - David explained CIG's fix:

"The system is engineered explicitly so that you don't pay double tax. If you apply store credit to an item in your shopping cart, we decrease the base price of the package by that amount.

"If I buy a $100 gift card and my country is in the EU then I will be charged VAT. It is the law that we must display all prices inclusive of VAT.

"If I go back to the storefront and my country is in the EU I will see ships with VAT values displayed (as per the law). If I put a $100 ship in my cart (which is displayed as $120 inclusive of VAT), then go to checkout and apply $100 in store credit from my gift card, then you are done, you don't owe anything. If you put $50 in store credit then you'd owe $50+$10 in this example, and so forth.

"In short, we don't double charge VAT. And you're not going to be taxed on anything but new money."
From the link

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
All I heard:
all of the sources who reached out together
Multiple sources from within
Multiple sources confided
Several sources pointed
Other sources expressed
Several different sources have indicated
Most of the sources feel
Sources have also indicated
Why that's all I should hear:
Anonymous sourcing | NPR Ethics Handbook

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, this is really annoying. While I personally believe that the sources are being mostly truthful (and I put zero faith in Robert's GG conspiracy theory), I think they need to stop being anonymous just so the charade can finally be ended once and for all. As long as there is a single speck of uncertainty, Roberts is just gonna keep responding with "They're lying!"

Doesn'tGlassdoorconfirm that reviews being left there are actually being left by current/former employees? Maybe there's overlap?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I dont think he was saying GG is involved in some conspiracy to damage his company, only that the girl doing the reporting is a hypocrite for saying shes for ethics in journalism while doing hit pieces on him.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I dont think he was saying GG is involved in some conspiracy to damage his company, only that the girl doing the reporting is a hypocrite for saying shes for ethics in journalism while doing hit pieces on him.
The "Lizzy = Bandit" theory is pretty crazy. He retweetseveryone.He's essentially a retweet bot for GG.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, this is really annoying. While I personally believe that the sources are being mostly truthful (and I put zero faith in Robert's GG conspiracy theory), I think they need to stop being anonymous just so the charade can finally be ended once and for all. As long as there is a single speck of uncertainty, Roberts is just gonna keep responding with "They're lying!"

Doesn'tGlassdoorconfirm that reviews being left there are actually being left by current/former employees? Maybe there's overlap?
The Glassdoor reviews for CiG are about 20 points higher than the Glassdoor reviews for the company I work at. :p

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The "Lizzy = Bandit" theory is pretty crazy. He retweetseveryone.He's essentially a retweet bot for GG.
Doubt he spends much time on twitter watching this bandit bot post.

It takes a certain level of giving a shit about twitter to know that.

I dont have a twitter, so I have no clue who most of these people are.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Doubt he spends much time on twitter watching this bandit bot post.

It takes a certain level of giving a shit about twitter to know that.

I dont have a twitter, so I have no clue who most of these people are.
Okay, when I said Bandit is "essentially" a bot, I didn't mean he'sactuallya bot. I haven't met him in real life (as I have many other Twitter users in GG) but I have had Twitter conversations with him.

He came reallyreallylate into #OpSkynet and was retweeting big-profiles, so he got a lot of followers really fast. That's all.

But Roberts, based on his response, seems to think that Bandit and Lizzy are the same person.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Working at CIG... From a CIG employee : starcitizen

Every company is going to have disgruntled employees. Given the fact that their wages are a little below the industry standard, I doubt they'd have any employees if the place was as shitty as a few people say.
I don't trust any anon source anymore since it's become code for throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. I also don't trust people who still work for a company gushing over how great it is to work for them. I mean, what the fuck do you expect them to say?